Constellation- Ravenna Over Night ... Latest Boarding Time?

OnlyMe

We are on the Constellation in July. We embark on the 20th but the ship stays in Ravenna port overnight until 5pm on the 21st. Does anyone know how late we can actually board on the 20th? 

4 hours ago, redwings1958 said:

We are on this cruise also;  Our Xfer bus from VCE departs at 130p; 2 hr bus ride gets us there at 330.  Figure about 30min-1 hr for check in; SO I'm guessing 430p is about as late as it gets

I wonder, with it being in port overnight, would it be a case that once you are checked in you could get off again, and then you don't have to get back on until pretty late?? I wonder how late??

We’re on the same cruise on June 22 cruise so I will report back.

However, we did a similar cruise on summit about 10 years ago where it had the overnight in Venice (sigh, yes actual Venice but we now all suffer  for MSCs failure). 

Then, we arrived quite late first night due to flight delays but there weren’t any concerns. Celebrity told us that the ship essentially acts like your hotel for overnights. You’re free to come and go as you please or even stay overnight off site. I’d doubt that’s changed!

4 hours ago, mgreenpa said:

However, we did a similar cruise on summit about 10 years ago where it had the overnight in Venice (sigh, yes actual Venice but we now all suffer  for MSCs failure). 

Then, we arrived quite late first night due to flight delays but there weren’t any concerns. Celebrity told us that the ship essentially acts like your hotel for overnights. You’re free to come and go as you please or even stay overnight off site. I’d doubt that’s changed!

That's what I thought might be the case.... being that way we will check in early and then head off for the evening if there's no rush back.

If you wouldn't mind reporting back after you sail I'd really appreciate it please!!

Hi, we have just returned from a cruise on Celebrity Constellation yesterday.  We overnighted in Ravenna and can confirm that once checked in we could come and go all night if we pleased,  just needed to be back half an hour before sail away.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, posh crew said:

Hi, we have just returned from a cruise on Celebrity Constellation yesterday.  We overnighted in Ravenna and can confirm that once checked in we could come and go all night if we pleased,  just needed to be back half an hour before sail away.

Fantastic!!! Thank you so much for confirming!
Can I ask, do you have any idea roughly what time earliest check-in/boarding was on your sailing please?
Also, is there anything you liked / disliked / recommend for the cruise and or ports??

On 6/2/2023 at 1:31 PM, OnlyMe said:

I wonder, with it being in port overnight, would it be a case that once you are checked in you could get off again, and then you don't have to get back on until pretty late?? I wonder how late??

When you overnight -  once checked in can come and go at will.  There is no curfew and they will have security on hand all nigh long.

For Embarkation, on similar cruises they allow embarkation to a certain time and then often can arrange for a later arrival by appointment.

On 6/3/2023 at 8:35 AM, mgreenpa said:

Hey I'll be in the same cruise!!!  See you by the pool bar!!  😂

12 hours ago, OnlyMe said:

Fantastic!!! Thank you so much for confirming!
Can I ask, do you have any idea roughly what time earliest check-in/boarding was on your sailing please?
Also, is there anything you liked / disliked / recommend for the cruise and or ports??

Hi, we boarded at around 1230, not sure what time the first boarding was but others were already on board.  We had a wonderful cruise and I am sure you will have a great time.  I would suggest you research how many ships and their passenger numbers are in ports with you and plan your time ashore accordingly.  For example when we were in Santorini we were with 4 other ships of a similar size and then Oasis of the Seas arrived at midday with another 6900 passengers.  The queue for the cable car was horrendous.  

We are on the June 22nd Constellation out of Ravenna.  We are flying into Marco Polo and wanted to stop in Venice for lunch so I called Celebrity to see when the latest we could check in. I was told that 3:30 is the latest, if we are delayed then we need to call them. (thats 20+ minutes on hold).  So we are going to drive the 2 hours to Ravenna, check in then either head 2 hours back or go to Venice early on Friday.  

• Like 1

I noticed that the port of Ravenna is more then 2h from Venice.  I’ll be on this cruise next year and I’m looking may be to fly to Bologne.  Do you think it’s a good idea ? From Google Maps it’s seems to be nearest to Ravenna.  I won’t go to Venice but Bologne and Madene have Nice place to visit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 81Zoomie said:

Does Celebrity sell a transfer from Venice to Ravenna?  Or, do you have to get to the port on your own?

We have a transfer booked through Celebrity to get to the ship so yes they do 

On 6/5/2023 at 12:41 PM, Mrgrph1 said:

We are on the June 22nd Constellation out of Ravenna.  We are flying into Marco Polo and wanted to stop in Venice for lunch so I called Celebrity to see when the latest we could check in. I was told that 3:30 is the latest, if we are delayed then we need to call them. (thats 20+ minutes on hold).  So we are going to drive the 2 hours to Ravenna, check in then either head 2 hours back or go to Venice early on Friday.  

Do you have a phone number to call the ship? I read that a number would be in the eDocs but I don’t see one

On 6/4/2023 at 2:47 PM, posh crew said:

Thanks for the confirmation. Was there a Celebrity shuttle for $10 running between the cruise port and the town into the evening? I'd love to go see the mosaics after we check in and have lunch.

On 6/5/2023 at 10:50 AM, posh crew said:

Hi, we boarded at around 1230, not sure what time the first boarding was but others were already on board.  We had a wonderful cruise and I am sure you will have a great time.  I would suggest you research how many ships and their passenger numbers are in ports with you and plan your time ashore accordingly.  For example when we were in Santorini we were with 4 other ships of a similar size and then Oasis of the Seas arrived at midday with another 6900 passengers.  The queue for the cable car was horrendous.  

That's a great idea ... we actually have been to Santorini quite a few times somight actually skip getting off as there are 3 large ships in port that day ... I wouldn't have thought to check.

On 6/10/2023 at 3:34 PM, cruise one said:

I noticed that the port of Ravenna is more then 2h from Venice.  I’ll be on this cruise next year and I’m looking may be to fly to Bologne.  Do you think it’s a good idea ? From Google Maps it’s seems to be nearest to Ravenna.  I won’t go to Venice but Bologne and Madene have Nice place to visit.

We are doing just this... flying into Bologna and then hiring a car and driving down to Ravenna.

15 hours ago, RaleighCruiser19 said:

Thanks for the confirmation. Was there a Celebrity shuttle for $10 running between the cruise port and the town into the evening? I'd love to go see the mosaics after we check in and have lunch.

Hi, I have just checked back on the Celebrity Today information sheet, there is no mention of a shuttle on embarkation day but there was a shuttle the next day between 8am and 3.30 pm.

6 hours ago, posh crew said:

Hi, I have just checked back on the Celebrity Today information sheet, there is no mention of a shuttle on embarkation day but there was a shuttle the next day between 8am and 3.30 pm.

Can the shuttle be booked before embarkation? We board June 22

2 hours ago, Fishboy1947 said:

Can the shuttle be booked before embarkation? We board June 22

We didn't use the shuttle in Ravenna, we had been to Lake Como and Venice prior to the cruise, so we just spent the day relaxing on the lovely beach right next to the ship.  We did use the ship's shuttles at other ports on the cruise and they were all complementary, just turned up when we were ready to go, no booking required.

Edited by posh crew
Added to post