Gesture of goodwill still not received

LLOM

We were on Azura in April and because P & O changed our cabin last minute, ( I posted on here about it ) and we registered a complaint whilst onboard, we were awarded £400 as a gesture of goodwill, we were told that it would take approximately 2 weeks for us to receive it on our return, it is now nearly 7 weeks , I did send them an email last week but so far have not had any response , has anyone been in a similar situation ? , if so how long did you wait , or has anyone any idea what an acceptable amount of time to wait please.

many thanks 

Thankyou Scorpio41

we  were offered it in OBC,  FCC or cheque all for the same amount, so decided to take a cheque but it looks as though we may have a long wait, we did get a letter from the officer stating what we had agreed on, he also said that he had discussed it with head office before offering us the gesture of goodwill so I am not sure what the hold up is .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LLOM said:

I am not sure what the hold up is

The hold up is that Carnival do not like paying out money - even if it is something they have agreed, or is your money in the first place!

Pinged off a whingeogram regarding an issue on our April Arvia cruise.  Over 28 days since then, and apart from an acknowledgement that they will be looking into it, no response within the 28 days.  No surprise there.  That said, there's been three bank holidays this month, so I'll give it another week.

To be honest, I don't expect them to do anything other than say something along the lines of they will review their policies/procedures etc.  It's one of those things that if you don't speak up, they won't know that there is or was a problem.

On 6/2/2023 at 5:04 PM, LLOM said:

We were on Azura in April and because P & O changed our cabin last minute, ( I posted on here about it ) and we registered a complaint whilst onboard, we were awarded £400 as a gesture of goodwill, we were told that it would take approximately 2 weeks for us to receive it on our return, it is now nearly 7 weeks , I did send them an email last week but so far have not had any response , has anyone been in a similar situation ? , if so how long did you wait , or has anyone any idea what an acceptable amount of time to wait please.

many thanks 

We were given a £300 gesture of goodwill back in 2018 for a complaint on Arcadia. It was given as a FCC to be used within 2 years, so booked Britannia for 2020 and we all know what happened then. Transferred it to Iona for 2021 thinking it would all be over, guess what!! Now 5 years later it has been allocated to Arvia in September. Just check with P&O or your TA to make sure that it isn't sitting in your account. We did not get offered a cheque payment, but happy with what we did get.

Thank you Rupert2251 for your reply,

The letter we received whilst onboard states a cheque will be sent to our home address, I wrote to the complaints department about the delay and as yet still not had a response other then an acknowledgment of our email, I am not sure how long to wait or if to send another email to a different department. I believe 28 days has been mentioned from receiving the email, so I may just wait until that is up .