New Crystal Enrichment & Entertainment

Keith1010

Crystal was kind enough to provide enrichment/entertainment summaries for the first three voyages of Serenity and Symphony. I will post one for each vessel starting today and continue over the few days.

Please note as in the past these are always subject to last minute changes.

Keith

Serenity.thumb.png.009f4e58b618260717b9fcf3b4ef2c77.png

Symphony.thumb.png.9aa375cc0c36e6310230c5553c29c5dd.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, happy cruising said:

Thanks Keith. It’s nice to see some familiar names! Is Crystal planning to post this information on the web site as OC did? We can’t keep relying on you for this information! Lol 

You are very welcome. I am not 100% sure how this one will work so in the meantime I was happy to be able to get this information to share with everyone.

Keith

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TER777 said:

New category: Featured Musician. What’s this?

I know the person but not sure why they say featured although I know he will play in a range of venues and can sing as well as play the musician.

50 minutes ago, TER777 said:

Why no bridge on the Symphony?

I will ask but I think this is simply a work in progress as I think there was no magician either leading me to think they are still filling in the positions.

Keith

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ctjon said:

It is encouraging, to me, to see this - shows a lot of the great things on the old Crystal will be on the New Crystal..

Yes.  The concept is take the best from the old and then enhance with new.

Keith

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Yes.  The concept is take the best from the old and then enhance with new.

Keith

Thanks, Keith. Very exciting news. I may be asking for a lot but do you know if they will have an early show and a late show like OC did, especially for James Fox and the comedians. We may be showing our age but can never stay up for the 9:30 pm shows. Alas!

• Like 2

Just now, InsGuy3 said:

Thanks, Keith. Very exciting news. I may be asking for a lot but do you know if they will have an early show and a late show like OC did, especially for James Fox and the comedians. We may be showing our age but can never stay up for the 9:30 pm shows. Alas!

I know the feeling. Let me see if I can find out.

Keith. 

• Like 1

Ok, but.... “Billy Joel tribute show featuring xxxxx” and “Elton John tribute show featuring xxxxx” sound like solo artists, not full productions. And no offense, but neither of those tired artists are ringing my bells. And do we still need computer classes? I guess I’m totally in the minority here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise-y said:

Ok, but.... “Billy Joel tribute show featuring xxxxx” and “Elton John tribute show featuring xxxxx” sound like solo artists, not full productions. And no offense, but neither of those tired artists are ringing my bells. And do we still need computer classes? I guess I’m totally in the minority here.

The good thing there is choice. If you don't like computer classes there are other things to do but be aware others do take the classes but hopefully there are things you like even though not everyone might agree either.

Those two shows very popular with the guests including former guests of OC and first time guests of OC. Hopefully, you'll find other entertainment that you'll enjoy.

Keith

• Like 2

I met Bruce McGill the actor and his wife Gloria way back (!!) in 2016 on the Serenity Panama Canal cruise.  I had no idea what his movies/TV shows were at the time but I got to speak with him and his wife Gloria numerous times on that cruise. They were such nice people and Bruce told me that he owned stock in the company I worked for at the time. Ha ha.   That's what's so great about the speakers/entertainers on Old Crystal that I imagine will carry over...most of them seem to be enjoying their cruise outside of their "work" and happily join in conversation with the guests.

~Nancy

• Like 1

Nancy, we had a similar experience as you did other than the stock.

I had no idea who Bruce McGill was but after we saw him for the first time and then watched movies (new and old) plus tv and streaming productions we realized he has been in so many of these that we have seen or have seen since we met him and his lovely wife. Both very friendly people and examples of meeting people on-board sailings.

Keith

• Like 1

As I mentioned yesterday Crystal was kind enough to provide enrichment/entertainment summaries for the first three voyages of Serenity and Symphony. Today, I am posting the summaries for the second voyage for each ocean vessel.

Please note as in the past these are always subject to last minute changes and there could be some missing information as well.

Keith

SerenityAug12.thumb.png.85ab736f28e06d7708688d130aef21f0.png

SymphonySeptember8.thumb.png.895a0ee05f6a8e5d2eff1289622622d8.png

5 hours ago, oakridger said:

met Bruce McGill the actor and his wife Gloria way back (!!) in 2016 on the Serenity Panama Canal cruise. 

Hard to believe… we sailed with Bruce and his wife on the  September 2007 symphony crossing from Dover to New York.  It was a film and theatre themed cruise and a terrific cruise.  We made several life time friends on the cruise…great, great memories.

Nancy

• Like 3

I also met and talked with Bruce McGill on the 2019 Tokyo to SF cruise - he was great to talk to and not at all like the character he played in Animal House  A role i think he'd like to forget

• Like 1

I'm thrilled to see that Russ Grieve will be CD on Symphony, but disappointed to see that Mark Farris is not listed as the Avenue Saloon pianist. I'm getting very close to a decision about booking a Symphony cruise in Sept. 2024, which is of course a long ways away so anything could change.

But I will be sad not to have Mark in the Avenue Saloon. 😞 He livened up my last Crystal cruise, and we never missed a night. Plus he and I had some great conversations outside of the saloon. He was fascinated by our plans to chuck our suburban life, move aboard a sailboat and set sail to cruise around the Pacific Ocean for several years, and he peppered me with questions about it throughout the cruise. I was kinda hoping to be able to share with him how it all went!

11 hours ago, Cruise-y said:

Have you seen their performances?

• Haha 1