MSC Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

21 hours ago, juancarlosgarciasanchez said:

Greetings-

My family will be sailing out of the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal in October for a 10 day Canadian cruise. Although my question is generic, does anyone have any tips as all my prior cruises have been out of my homebase in Florida. Thanks in advance. 

Think about taking the ferry to Red Hook. Check the ferry maps. Easy peasy! Enjoy!

Cheers…

• Like 1

On 6/4/2023 at 11:35 AM, Crown Vic said:

Think about taking the ferry to Red Hook. Check the ferry maps. Easy peasy! Enjoy!

Cheers…

I am guessing that if I am sailing in mid-December....taking the ferry might not be a "warm" idea?

10 hours ago, HLR said:

I am guessing that if I am sailing in mid-December....taking the ferry might not be a "warm" idea?

Unless it is really cold for a few days and there is ice in the East River which is very rare the NYC Ferries run. The lower deck is all inside and heated to a point sometimes too much. 

Yes, you will be cold on the pier waiting for the ferry but you are sailing during the winter, the curise ship will be just as cold or colder ou

Tip - Pack your patience. The area around the port is not built to handle the amount of traffic generated from people disembarking the ship and the next group embarking the ship. We were on Meraviglia May 21-28 and it was gridlock both the 21st and the 28th. 

• Like 1

Once you make that turn by the Tesla building it's slow but moving. But to make that turn is not fun. The gridlock is from people knowingly pulling in the middle of that intersection. We were waiting our turn to make that turn. Apparently other people don't like to play nice. Hope that one blowing her horn and cussing us got karma on the buffet, lol.

12 hours ago, NCMtnBoys said:

Tip - Pack your patience. The area around the port is not built to handle the amount of traffic generated from people disembarking the ship and the next group embarking the ship. We were on Meraviglia May 21-28 and it was gridlock both the 21st and the 28th. 

I am coming into Penn Station and taking an Uber/Lyft (tomorrow) Is the traffic so bad it makes more sense to go down to lower Manhattan and take the Ferry? I figured the quickest way would be going directly to the port via Uber/Lyft

31 minutes ago, Greygooser said:

I am coming into Penn Station and taking an Uber/Lyft (tomorrow) Is the traffic so bad it makes more sense to go down to lower Manhattan and take the Ferry? I figured the quickest way would be going directly to the port via Uber/Lyft

On the May 28 boarding when the ship was late arriving, the traffic was very, very heavy but moving slowly. Security folks on 'point duty' directing traffic through intersections. Gotta say that taking the ferry, on our return, was a breeze. What ever you chose, good luck! Enjoy your cruise.

Cheers...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Crown Vic said:

On the May 28 boarding when the ship was late arriving, the traffic was very, very heavy but moving slowly. Security folks on 'point duty' directing traffic through intersections. Gotta say that taking the ferry, on our return, was a breeze. What ever you chose, good luck! Enjoy your cruise.

Cheers...

Thank you. I'll keep an eye on the ship and see if it arrives late and maybe we'll take the ferry if that's the case.

1 hour ago, Greygooser said:

Thank you. I'll keep an eye on the ship and see if it arrives late and maybe we'll take the ferry if that's the case.

On June 4, ship arrived, on time, at 6 a.m. We were in Group 4 and left the ship at 7.30 a.m. Facial recognition at Immigration. Easy peasy! Very little traffic at that time.
First ferry left at 8.30 a.m. so you can check the time table for DUMBO or where ever you plan to board. 

Cheers…

p.s. You can try to count the ferry as an extra cruise.

• Like 1