AARP Rewards eGift Cards

bhawks9

28 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Same with us.  Maybe billing address being the same is a factor. When the $500 cards were on sale we had no problem. They allowed 10 cards but only 5 with the discount. Not sure why we each could get 5 discounted ones but I am not complaining!

Yep, with the $500 cards we both purchased 5 each without difficulties.

Yes, I am complaining!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I also agree … this is a helpful thread in the rare event that AARP ever sells them again but a new thread for Newegg promo codes for discounted GCs would be great, too.  
I keep looking for those Amex statement credits but that seems to be a complete bust lately.

I purchased 4 $500 gift cards last week and got an additional $36.80 statement credit from Amex for Newegg.  It was only on my blue everyday card, not my husband's or our platinum cards.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Hey everybody: Do you think it might be better at this time to open a new thread just about Newegg sale announcements?  I was against closing this thread so we could have a place to find if others see the sale of discounted cards other than the AARP site.  I hope this thread doesn't get closed in case AARP starts having the Princess cards again, but a Newegg thread could be helpful... or do you think it's better to just stick to this thread? 🤷‍♂️

12 hours ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

That sounds like a great idea. Won't be as hard to find sales and codes. Daniel, would you like to start that

Done!  Here's the link:  Discounted Gift Cards Being Offered On Newegg - Princess Cruises - Cruise Critic Community

• Thanks 1

I bought gift cards yesterday from Newegg.  Because dh couldn't a cousin who is traveling with us on our next cruise (and didn't need any more cards) bought 5 for us and forwarded the email with the card # and pins.  When we go to Princess.com to check balance (to make sure it is there) we just get a white screen.  I remember a while back a discussion about that on this thread but there are too many pages to read to find it.  Anyone remember how long it takes to be able to get back in and see balances?  We had checked 5 in early afternoon but about 5 hours later couldn't even check one of the ones that cousin sent.

thanks.

27 minutes ago, dickinson said:

When we go to Princess.com to check balance (to make sure it is there) we just get a white screen.

Did you go directly to princess.com, or did you use the link provided on the GC email?  When I got my cards, their link took me to a white screen, but googling Princess GC balance allowed me to check the balances.  YMMV

24 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

Hi all.  I am new to Princess - haven't actually sailed yet.  I am just finding out that, apparently, AARP is no longer offering the gift cards.  I bought one a month or two ago for a sailing in 2026.  Will it still be honored?  If so, how can I get it applied to my booking?

The gift cards are certainly still valid and usable. They are just no longer being sold. It would be pretty scandalous for Princess not to honor gift cards that are already purchased!!! A gift card purchased through AARP is just like a gift card purchased through Newegg or any other retailer, Princess doesn't care where you bought them from.

To apply them to your booking, if you booked directly through Princess, you need to log into princess.com, go to your account/booking, and then click on the "payments" icon in the upper right area. Click on Booking Balance and then you should see options to make a payment. One of those options is to use a Gift Card. You can apply each gift card from there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Travelicious said:

Hi all.  I am new to Princess - haven't actually sailed yet.  I am just finding out that, apparently, AARP is no longer offering the gift cards.  I bought one a month or two ago for a sailing in 2026.  Will it still be honored?  If so, how can I get it applied to my booking?

Of course it will be honored! hundreds or thousands of people have gift cards from the cruise lines.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Travelicious said:

I have used them with my travel agent.  I email her the card# and pin# and she applies them to my balance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

I purchased 4 $500 gift cards last week and got an additional $36.80 statement credit from Amex for Newegg.  It was only on my blue everyday card, not my husband's or our platinum cards.

I didn’t state that very clearly, did I?  I was referring to those large statement credits they sued to give you for purchase no or paying off your cruise with you Amex card.  Several times, it was 33% back, spend $1500 and get a $500 statement credit.  I miss those days.  I missed out on the $500 gift cards being on sale but I got the 2% statement credit on Amex for buying the $100 ones earlier this week.  

20 hours ago, Travelicious said:

Newegg is having a sale on the same gift cards.  It will last for 17 hours from now.  $500 card for $460.

"Princess Cruises $500 Gift Card (Email Delivery) w/ promo code SSDXA429" 

• Thanks 1