Royal Newbie with a couple of questions

Hi

I'm a long time Princess and Celebrity cruiser, and for grins, I just booked the Symphony for 6 days in December.  i have a couple of questions.

First, we're in a Crown Loft Suite.  I decided that I wanted to try Wonderland (seemed most unique to RC) for one night, probably late.  Should I wait until I'm onboard to book, or should I book online now?

Second, I booked this because we're on the Celebrity Apex 6 days later, and I wanted to make the trip a bit longer, and to try Royal on an Oasis ship.  However, that means that we have to get off the Symphony and get over to the Apex.  What's the best way to do that?  Does the question even make sense?  I'm guessing the Apex will probably be at berth 25.

Thanks much.

If you have a specific restaurant that you want to visit, I would book it in advance. In addition to getting your preferred date/time, sometimes restaurants are discounted in the cruise planner.

Your situation is called a side-by-side cruise. Getting off one ship, and getting onto another.  It is not uncommon, but I do not believe Royal Caribbean will provide you transportation from an RCCL ship to a Celebrity ship. A taxi/Uber would be a good choice. However, I suggest asking the concierge or guest services if they can assist you or what they recommend. 

Have fun, Symphony is a terrific ship. 
m

I would book a reservation for Wonderland as soon as possible. Keep in mind the food there is very unique. Food is very subjective, but you can read a lot of different comments online for Wonderland that range from very good to very poor. 

The atmosphere on an Oasis class ship is significantly different than a Celebrity or Princess ship. Specifically, I have never been on an Oasis class ship without a lot of kids no matter what time of year. I just got off Harmony yesterday and although I enjoyed the cruise, I didn’t like all the kids running around the entire ship. It had me thinking maybe it’s time for me to start booking more cruises on Celebrity and less on RCI, or at a minimum stick to smaller RCI ships. Of course if you like being around tons of kids, you will enjoy being on Oasis. 

Make your Wonderland reservation in your Cruise Planner "now".  

If you change your mind about day/time once you are on board, the Suite Concierge will be happy to take care of that for you.

Go to Guest Services on the Symphony early in your cruise.  They will arrange transportation to the Apex.  The Suite Concierge may be able to do that for you, too.

• Like 1

While on the Symphony, go to Guest Relations and ask about transportation to the Apex. We were notified the following day that we could be possible. I did a side to side in December.  We waited outside near the transportation busses. When all the airport transfers had gone, approx 15 of us were dropped off at various terminals. Worked great!  

• Like 1