Instructions To Create An Account To Provide Guest Information & Make Restaurant/Shore Excursion Bookings

Keith1010

I pulled this together and thought it would be helpful to some of you.

While some of you like myself have not had trouble accessing your booked voyages clearly some of you have had issues getting into your account. It is not easy to trouble shoot precisely why you have a problem but I will offer some advice.

I would use a desk computer or a laptop computer if you own one. While some have had success with a smart device such as an iPad some can't even locate the my account button using their iPad.

To access the information go to www.crystalcruises.com

At the very top right hand corner you will see a button titled my account.

Click on it.

You will be asked to set up access for this and you will use your e-mail that Crystal has on record for your booking and create a password. You will then be told you are getting a verification e-mail. Go to your e-mail and if you do not see it check your spam folder.

Follow the instructions in the e-mail and you should get into your account, and you will see a list of pending voyages.  You can then provide your guest information. There are several sections to fill out. Have your passport information handy.  If you are sharing a room have passport information available for them as well.

The dashboard will show a summary of the sections to be filled out and until they are filled out it will be red and once a section is completed it turns green.

Take your time. When you finish a section if you have filled it all in then save the section and it should be accepted and turn green.  With that said I found I often needed to do one of the following.  In some instance I had to click on the save button multiple times before it took. In some cases, it didn’t take but if I clicked the next section the one I just completed turned green.  Just be patient.

The last section is accepting the terms and signing it by typing your name. What I found is if there are two people in the room you can’t do this for the first person.  So go to the next person and complete all of the sections and when you get to the last section you can fill it out and save it and it automatically turns the first persons last section to green.

If you are on back-to-back cruises the personal information from the first cruise carries over to the next cruise.  If you have separate cruises you have to put in the same information again.  I have a mix but I didn’t do every cruise.  I’ll wait. Some of the information I would have to go back to anyway such as flights.

Speaking of flights.  Some airlines are not listed on the drop down menu as someone said Delta isn’t listed and I noticed American Airlines isn’t listed. I am sure they will be added soon.

If your cruise is within 60 days then you can make reservations for the Italian Restaurant, Umi Uma and Tastes but you can only make them for the people in your party. If you remember Crystal, went to a key code system to add others on the cruise but that is not a choice at least for now.  If you change your mind on a date you must cancel the reservation and make a new one. If you just one to change the time for the same day you can do that.  If you are on a back-to-back cruise for now you have to go back in at 60 days or less from that cruise and make the reservations. Same applies to shore excursions.

A few other items. If you can’t create an account try using a different web browser or even restarting your computer.

Finally, if you just can’t do this or are having problems I would contact your Travel Agent for help. I know some people who have done this and had their agent take care of this for them. If you booked directly with Crystal I would call them for help.

If we were all in the same location it would be easier to help although some trouble shooting can be done with posts.

The other item is familiarity with the system.  It took me awhile to figure out how to turn things green as I mentioned above but know I know how to do that.  I got thrown off with the acceptance of terms until I figured that out.  And yesterday I was trying to figure out how to change a date on a reservation and it took me a few minutes to realize since I was changing the date and not just the time I had to cancel it.  In all cases, I now know how to do this so next time will be faster.

And like anything new there are bound to be system glitches. I have not used many systems in my day that just rolled out where even with good testing everything worked as designed.  

The good news is the rollout of this tool is a reminder that the first cruise of New Crystal is near.

I hope the information I provided is of help to some of you. 

Cheers

Keith

350924814_282392814220288_3434032540835742891_n.jpg.e173cb6502f40e12368213cf038ca3fd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

hello keith,

thats really good information for everyone who is having issuies with registration.

i have two questions for you\...

1.  how do i get notified when someone posts something to one of my posts?  i thought i clicked all the 

right boxes but i still don't receive notifications here.

2.  does crystal provide transportation from the airport to the ship (for a fee i presume)?  has this been 

done in the past?  i will be arriving at the rome airport.  they aren't offering anything as of now.  do 

think they may add transport to the ship later on?

thank you for your advice.

1 hour ago, USC Adventurer said:

hello keith,

thats really good information for everyone who is having issuies with registration.

i have two questions for you\...

1.  how do i get notified when someone posts something to one of my posts?  i thought i clicked all the 

right boxes but i still don't receive notifications here.

2.  does crystal provide transportation from the airport to the ship (for a fee i presume)?  has this been 

done in the past?  i will be arriving at the rome airport.  they aren't offering anything as of now.  do 

think they may add transport to the ship later on?

thank you for your advice.

Greetings:

For notification you can:

Click on the down arrow next to your user name.

Click on Account Settings.  

Click on Notification Settings.

And then check off the things you desire.

You could also click on  that arrow next to your user name.

Click Managed Follow Content.

And for specific threads or for all of them update your preferences.

Old Crystal would provide at a fee transportation from the airport to the ship on day of embarkation and transportation for a fee after you debark to the airport (for the latter private or group) Can't remember how it worked if you booked their air.

If you have checked with Crystal or your TA has and they are not offering this I am not sure if that will change. Did your TA contact new Crystal or if you booked with them directly have you?

Keith

i didn't ask my TA about this issue.  i just called crystal.  perhaps i should call my TA and let her figure it out for me.  There is a royal caribbean ship in port the same day and a norwegian ship in port the same day.  i am going to contact them and see if they offer transporation to the pier and if they do, then i'll ask them if i can buy a ticket for their bus.  

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

I pulled this together and thought it would be helpful to some of you.

While some of you like myself have not had trouble accessing your booked voyages clearly some of you have had issues getting into your account. It is not easy to trouble shoot precisely why you have a problem but I will offer some advice.

I would use a desk computer or a laptop computer if you own one. While some have had success with a smart device such as an iPad some can't even locate the my account button using their iPad.

To access the information go to www.crystalcruises.com

At the very top right hand corner you will see a button titled my account.

Click on it.

You will be asked to set up access for this and you will use your e-mail that Crystal has on record for your booking and create a password. You will then be told you are getting a verification e-mail. Go to your e-mail and if you do not see it check your spam folder.

Follow the instructions in the e-mail and you should get into your account, and you will see a list of pending voyages.  You can then provide your guest information. There are several sections to fill out. Have your passport information handy.  If you are sharing a room have passport information available for them as well.

The dashboard will show a summary of the sections to be filled out and until they are filled out it will be red and once a section is completed it turns green.

Nope I have NONE of that. When I go to provide my guest info all I get is this page. Nothing else! Oh I can get to a page that allows me to fill out a form to get emails and brochures from Crystal but nothing else. Or delete my account.

I can't even delete the page or I'm deleting everything.

Screen Shot 2023-06-02 at 10.18.22 PM copy.jpg

Edited by AtA

6 minutes ago, AtA said:

Nope I have NONE of that. When I go to provide my guest info all I get is this page. Nothing else! Oh I can get to a page that allows me to fill out a form to get emails and brochures from Crystal but nothing else. Or delete my account.

I can't even delete the page or I'm deleting everything.

Screen Shot 2023-06-02 at 10.18.22 PM copy.jpg

When you first started this did you get an e-mail with a link from Crystal to verify your e-mail.  You should have. If you didn't you've done it wrong.  If you did, try finding the  e-mail and click on the link. It might have expired but couldn't hurt.  

5 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

When you first started this did you get an e-mail with a link from Crystal to verify your e-mail.  You should have. If you didn't you've done it wrong.  If you did, try finding the  e-mail and click on the link. It might have expired but couldn't hurt.  

Yes I did.

This might be helpful to some:

Our voyage reservations were made in Timmy’s name. He was able to access them, create an account and upload his passport and our travel information. 
On my iPad, I clicked on the two lines in the upper left corner and found the My Account button on the bottom left corner. 
Upon creating my account, I did not see our voyages listed in the box “My Bookings”…I clicked on the button “Don’t see your booking?”

I entered Tim’s name, his Crystal Society Number and our Booking Number…received the following message: “your account is linked to an existing booking”…then I exited my account…left the Crystal webpage and when I returned to My Account…miracle of miracles…our voyages were there in the My Bookings box 😊 and I was able to upload my passport information. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, krb1000 said:

This might be helpful to some:

Our voyage reservations were made in Timmy’s name. He was able to access them, create an account and upload his passport and our travel information. 
On my iPad, I clicked on the two lines in the upper left corner and found the My Account button on the bottom left corner. 
Upon creating my account, I did not see our voyages listed in the box “My Bookings”…I clicked on the button “Don’t see your booking?”

I entered Tim’s name, his Crystal Society Number and our Booking Number…received the following message: “your account is linked to an existing booking”…then I exited my account…left the Crystal webpage and when I returned to My Account…miracle of miracles…our voyages were there in the My Bookings box 😊 and I was able to upload my passport information. 

A little while ago I gave similar advice to ATA

Hoping it works for her. 

Keith

• Like 1

I have registered myself and my travel companion successfully EXCEPT for one section titled Additional Information.  The site states that this section is mandatory and incomplete.  When I open Additional Information, there is a black screen with the comment: Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information). Has anybody run into this?

Kay

53 minutes ago, kjeffr8212 said:

I have registered myself and my travel companion successfully EXCEPT for one section titled Additional Information.  The site states that this section is mandatory and incomplete.  When I open Additional Information, there is a black screen with the comment: Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information). Has anybody run into this?

Kay

Yes, see the earlier similar topic "CRYSTAL website allows you to create an account now" post #26 where I have the same problem.  No fix as of now.

Phyllis

Edited by JusttheTwoofUs
added info

Thank you, Phyllis. I didn’t see your other post. You mentioned that you are using Chrome.I am on an iMac using Safari. The only commonality appears to be that you and I are both in the Vegas area! Let’s hope it gets fixed soon.

Kay 

• Like 2

Yes still having the same problem.

WHY does it have to be sooooo difficult to create an account?

Fortunately ,for some reason we were able to make reservations without completing the log in process. Again, cannot complete the additional info segment.

this delay has resulted in not getting a desired tour.

Not very happy about this.

Hopefully, this issue gets resolved soon for all that are still trying.

15 hours ago, TER777 said:

On iPhone using Safari, select the two lines in the upper LEFT corner, scroll down, just above the Request a Quote, is the newly added Account. 

This also works for the iPad.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

A little while ago I gave similar advice to ATA

Hoping it works for her. 

Keith

Thank you Keith. GWESQ was able to get it to work. On the left side picture with our first cruise, there was a very small 1/2. That was the only thing I could click on and get it to work. I had tried clicking on every single other thing.

• Like 1

I was able to create an account without a problem. It is not the same account I had with the old Crystal. In the account that I have  just created, my booking appeared automatically. Documentation shows incomplete because I have filled some of the requested information but not all yet. 

It says “member since June 2023”. 

Now I have a question: the Crystal Society number from the old Crystal and the number of cruises already taken with the old Crystal are supposed to be somewhere? Or are we starting from zero in this case?

Ivi

15 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

I was able to create an account without a problem. It is not the same account I had with the old Crystal. In the account that I have  just created, my booking appeared automatically. Documentation shows incomplete because I have filled some of the requested information but not all yet. 

It says “member since June 2023”. 

Now I have a question: the Crystal Society number from the old Crystal and the number of cruises already taken with the old Crystal are supposed to be somewhere? Or are we starting from zero in this case?

Ivi

Ivi,

I am not sure how the program works.

What I do know is when I called Crystal and I know a few others who did, they were able to confirm my Crystal Society Number which was the same and the number of cruises coincided with the number I had from our last Crystal Cruises booking with old Crystal.  

Keith

• Thanks 2

On 6/5/2023 at 7:06 PM, Keith1010 said:

Ivi,

I am not sure how the program works.

What I do know is when I called Crystal and I know a few others who did, they were able to confirm my Crystal Society Number which was the same and the number of cruises coincided with the number I had from our last Crystal Cruises booking with old Crystal.  

Keith

Thanks Keith. New Crystal had confirmed my Crystal Society Number at the time of my booking. Only I do not see that number or the number of cruises taken with the old Crystal anywhere on my new account with New Crystal.

I was just wondering if others can see that in their profiles.

Ivi

11 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Thanks Keith. New Crystal had confirmed my Crystal Society Number at the time of my booking. Only I do not see that number or the number of cruises taken with the old Crystal anywhere on my new account with New Crystal.

Ivi

I don't think that info is there at this time.

Patty

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Ivi

I I you are welcome. Patty’s correct. Information not on invoice or other areas we verve visibility  t

Keith

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Will you start from zero and build up your loyalty with NC.

Seems reasonable.

They haven't said anything about this, nor do they have any details on a loyalty program at all, so who knows what it will look like.

There's a huge amount of diversity in cruise loyalty programs, from one credit per cruise no matter what to one credit per day, to differing credits per cruise/per day based on cabin to some that give credits for shipboard spending.

It's very unlikely they will completely ignore your previous cruise credits though. How they translate them into whatever they set up, who knows?

• Like 2