Carnival has lost control

bigdaddyyo

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

Yeah, lawyers will solve the problem, they always do.....😏

Lawyer can request the incident report and video of the fight from Carnival to find out what really happened. If you have a better idea? Let's hear it.

Just now, sfaaa said:

Lawyer can request the incident report and video of the fight from Carnival to find out what really happened. If you have a better idea? Let's hear it.

Lawyers work for.....lawyers.  This comes from someone who has a daughter who is one.  The POINT is they are in it for one thing and one thing only $$$.  What is it you think they are going to accomplish?  If the Op wants real results, they should be all over Miami HQ, call Christine's office directly, not posting pics on a social media site.  

At the very least (without knowing any facts, there is always another side to every story) the accused and their families should be banned by Carnival and this shared with  the other major players in the market.  

• Like 1

We all know where lawyers interest lies. They are a self serving, for-profit business, nothing more. In this case though, it sounds like Carnival just wants the incident buried and everyone involved to go away. One has to wonder why. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

We all know where lawyers interest lies. They are a self serving, for-profit business, nothing more. In this case though, it sounds like Carnival just wants the incident buried and everyone involved to go away. One has to wonder why. 

Carnival is following procedure.  No, they can't just release video to someone upon request, I'm sure your can see why there is procedure regarding how to handle such a request.  If the person wants any type of result, they will need to go through the proper channels.   The cruise line isn't it.

Edited by StephPS79

22 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Every business is self serving for dollars, it is called capitalism. There is no mystery here, unless the perps came from Area 51 or building 7😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sfaaa said:

When someone starts to bleed, the line is crossed and there is no more ambiguity or different set of interpretation. 

I agree but most of the complaints are adults & kids who are unruly, etc. What defines being unruly? I do agree w you though there is a line in the sand that must be drawn. 

7 minutes ago, SwordBlazer Cruising said:

Drugs? That is a massive part of the problem and one that has many many complaints.

Interesting, I haven't heard of any drug problems. You would think the media would have a field day if there were a drug problem on cruiselines... 

8 minutes ago, john91498 said:

Interesting, I haven't heard of any drug problems. You would think the media would have a field day if there were a drug problem on cruiselines... 

Carnival has drug dogs, not marajuana  dogs, drug dogs at each home port and also onboard certain ships. Clearly they have information that non of us do. 

• Like 1

Just because there's drug dogs around doesn't mean there's a drug problem.

My city has thousands of police officers around and we don't have a crime problem. In fact, my city has been ranked as one of the safest cities in America. 

• Like 1

I was on this cruise last week and I agree the kids were HORRIBLE! I witnessed several instances.

There are several pool balls at the bottom of the Gulf. I saw a kid start throwing them off the 12th deck near the pool tables. I told security and they shrugged it off. Also saw a kid throw a golf club as hard as he could all they way across the putt-putt course and shattered an outdoor intercom speaker. 

29 minutes ago, goracer6 said:

I was on this cruise last week and I agree the kids were HORRIBLE! I witnessed several instances.

There are several pool balls at the bottom of the Gulf. I saw a kid start throwing them off the 12th deck near the pool tables. I told security and they shrugged it off. Also saw a kid throw a golf club as hard as he could all they way across the putt-putt course and shattered an outdoor intercom speaker. 

OMG SMH and any other 3 letter acronym for "good grief, what's wrong with people?" Ugh

40 minutes ago, goracer6 said:

Agree!  I saw kids hitting golf balls on the mini golf course like they were Tiger Woods while others were trying to play.  I kept waiting for one to come my way. 

3 hours ago, john91498 said:

My city has thousands of police officers around and we don't have a crime problem. In fact, my city has been ranked as one of the safest cities in America. 

You are not wrong but if you read the hundreds and hundreds of comments and the vast amount of YouTube videos of federally illegal drugs onboard then you would understand why

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigdaddyyo said:

Agree!  I saw kids hitting golf balls on the mini golf course like they were Tiger Woods while others were trying to play.  I kept waiting for one to come my way. 

And how would that have played out?

18 minutes ago, SwordBlazer Cruising said:

That’s the point of my question. How far is too far and what should the cruiseline do? 

When it is a safety issue I don’t think there should be multiple warnings.  If it is a nuisance issue it should be one warning.  If you set expectations up front with parents that any safety issues will have major consequences and be dealt with swiftly, then you have set the stage for what they should expect.  I would say that destructive behavior should be treated the same as a safety issue.  If a nuisance issue, I would reunite the child with their parent so they are all hearing the warning at the same time and let them know what the consequence is if it happens again.

Safety/Destructive issues should be immediately brought to parents attention and tell them they must have their child with them at all times.  If child is found without parent then they are banned for one year from sailing.  If another safety/destructive issue happens again, drop them at next port and ban them for life.  

It might sound over the top, but at some point you have to control the situation and make the consequences have some substance.  Other passengers will take notice and applaud your efforts.

The days of “Please don’t do that again”, just doesn’t cut it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

And how would that have played out?

It would’ve been a very loud conversation. Not physical but the tone would hopefully make them aware of their behavior.  I could go to Guest Services, but by the time I got there the kids would be gone and nothing would happen and they would end up doing it again.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigdaddyyo said:

When it is a safety issue I don’t think there should be multiple warnings.  If it is a nuisance issue it should be one warning.  If you set expectations up front with parents that any safety issues will have major consequences and be dealt with swiftly, then you have set the stage for what they should expect.  I would say that destructive behavior should be treated the same as a safety issue.  If a nuisance issue, I would reunite the child with their parent so they are all hearing the warning at the same time and let them know what the consequence is if it happens again.

Safety/Destructive issues should be immediately brought to parents attention and tell them they must have their child with them at all times.  If child is found without parent then they are banned for one year from sailing.  If another safety/destructive issue happens again, drop them at next port and ban them for life.  

It might sound over the top, but at some point you have to control the situation and make the consequences have some substance.  Other passengers will take notice and applaud your efforts.

The days of “Please don’t do that again”, just doesn’t cut it.

I agree with you. I think the issue at hand is there are so many variations of safety/ nuisance issues that it becomes hard. Kid’s running in the hallway are a nuisance, adults drunk, stumbling are also a safety and nuisance issue. There are so many avenues. Take a spin on YouTube and a vast majority of the onboard issues, at least on CCL are adults, either fighting or absolutely smashed drunk.

5 hours ago, john91498 said:

There has been a drug problem onboard since the restart

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sfaaa said:

If that account is accurate, then it sounds like a hate crime occurred and the FBI should be involved.  

• Like 6

On 6/5/2023 at 5:44 PM, ontheweb said:

Now if he was also smoking on the balcony while urinating, you could really double report him and maybe get some action from Carnival. 😒 

Oh there were many things u could have rained down on his head!..😁🤣. But absolutely  disgusting!