Bringing food onboard

1 hour ago, latebuyer said:

Could you bring a bag of nuts in a ziploc bag or does it have to be sealed?

I'm sure it depends on who is checking - I've done them in a bag but will likely bring a plastic jug of mixed nuts on the next one, with a screw top. I've always brought food on, 50/50 on if it was in sealed packaging, never had any trouble either way pre-covid.  Will likely just take sealed items on ours this fall since we'll be grabbing them after we fly.  Well the nuts I can bring from home, but I tend to do carry on only flying so will grab chips and salsa before we board.

1 hour ago, latebuyer said:

Could you bring a bag of nuts in a ziploc bag or does it have to be sealed?

If you are bringing them on at your port of departure, you likely will be okay with them in a ziploc bag.  I would not take the ziploc bag of nuts off in a port or try to bring it on in a port due to agriculture laws.  Factory sealed is your best option.

On 6/6/2023 at 1:02 PM, island lady said:

Portland ME...though we prefer "Two Fat Cats" for blueberry pie.  😋

One port day there, Bucky could not eat the full piece of pie he bought there.... (they are huge) so he decided to bring it back to the ship to eat later. 

Security caught him and told him he could not bring it on.....so he simply sat in one of the plastic chairs just outside the gangplank, (I think they were for the crew) and ate the rest of it in front of them.  You should have seen them salivating over that scene.  I think they were hoping to score it for themselves.  😄 

We've seen the same thing in ports... from ice cream to whole pizzas. People took it back off and were trying to cram it all down before boarding the ship.

• Haha 1