OLife moves to "all in"

WESTEAST

17 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I thought they were allowing people to fly in up to 3 days prior with no charge  ? unless you want to choose the flights

But yes I agree  not enough info

Yes, that was what I thought...so, was the stayover longer than 3 days at the departure city or was it a requested stayover breaking up the flights because the flight connections were bad and  involved separate ticketing? Or was it a stayover prior to returning from the cruise?  Does the 3 day grace period  apply to departure stayovers?

Edited by 1985rz1

29 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Does the 3 day grace period  apply to departure stayovers?

It was  3 days prior  & 3 days post cruise  unless that has changed again

In any case  the  poster has cancelled the air  so moot point of the whys

So one topic I haven't seen discussed (i.e., speculated on...) is the inherent discount associated with taking the O-Life excursions package.  Under the current system, this allows you to select X excursions  of up to $199 for $100 each.  Especially when considering that these selections counted towards the Y excursions needed to qualify for the 25% excursion discount, this was the best (ONLY?) part of the O-Life deal that made sense.  (Flatbush Flyer, feel free to chip in here!)

Has anyone seen anything to indicate if the $X00 of included excursion credit per cruise offers any sort of similar discounting?  (JanCruz, it's now your turn to chine in!)

• Like 4

11 hours ago, NewSalty said:

Has anyone seen anything to indicate if the $X00 of included excursion credit per cruise offers any sort of similar discounting?  (JanCruz, it's now your turn to chine in!)

On an upcoming 20-day cruise I presently have 8 excursions from Olife, maximum value $1600. According to the posted materials for Simply More a cruise that length will have a $1200 excursion credit.  

Looks like you pay simply more to get simply less.  Since the chances of booking all the Olife excursions at $200 each is slim to none, the difference may be negligible, but still (shockingly. I know) in Oceania's favor.  Now wait for the excursion prices to go up, therefore decreasing the value of that credit still further.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

On an upcoming 20-day cruise I presently have 8 excursions from Olife, maximum value $1600. According to the posted materials for Simply More a cruise that length will have a $1200 excursion credit.  

Looks like you pay simply more to get simply less.  Since the chances of booking all the Olife excursions at $200 each is slim to none, the difference may be negligible, but still (shockingly. I know) in Oceania's favor.  Now wait for the excursion prices to go up, therefore decreasing the value of that credit still further.  

Maybe wait till the new pricing and full terms are published by Oceania and then make your conclusion?

I keep reading your negative comments, and it makes me wonder - with all you hate and negativity, why you still keep sailing with them?

You know the old saying - actions speak louder than words.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Maybe wait till the new pricing and full terms are published by Oceania and then make your conclusion?

I keep reading your negative comments, and it makes me wonder - with all you hate and negativity, why you still keep sailing with them?

You know the old saying - actions speak louder than words.

A person can like a product and dislike the back room operation. I don’t think that is too difficult to comprehend. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I spoke with a very nice O rep this morning on another matter, and while I had her, I asked about Simply More. She confirmed that there will no longer be a pure cruise only fare. When I told her we weren’t too happy about that and could she pass that along, she suggested that I contact resolutionsdesk at oceaniacruises dot com to share my thoughts.  It appeared that I wasn’t the first person she’d heard that from. 

2 hours ago, SophieM said:

I spoke with a very nice O rep this morning on another matter, and while I had her, I asked about Simply More. She confirmed that there will no longer be a pure cruise only fare. When I told her we weren’t too happy about that and could she pass that along, she suggested that I contact resolutionsdesk at oceaniacruises dot com to share my thoughts.  It appeared that I wasn’t the first person she’d heard that from. 

Have you managed to contact them at that email address?  I ask because I tried a test post and it bounced right back.

Well, that’s weird. I just tried to send an email and not only did it not bounce back, it went off into email never never land. And I didn’t get it saved, so now I need to start over. It was a good email, too. Dang! I’m assuming you saw that it is resolutions(plural)desk?

46 minutes ago, SophieM said:

Well, that’s weird. I just tried to send an email and not only did it not bounce back, it went off into email never never land. And I didn’t get it saved, so now I need to start over. It was a good email, too. Dang! I’m assuming you saw that it is resolutions(plural)desk?

It should be in your sent mail folder

3 hours ago, SophieM said:

2 hours ago, shepherd really said:

It should be in your sent mail folder

8 minutes ago, SophieM said:

Nope. 

If you are using Microsoft Outlook, check your "Outbox" folder, too.

That's where Outlook stores emails until it can send them.  If something happens so that it can't, that's where it stays.

1 minute ago, Snaefell3 said:

If you are using Microsoft Outlook, check your "Outbox" folder, too.

That's where Outlook stores emails until it can send them.  If something happens so that it can't, that's where it stays.

You might also check any drafts folder.

On 6/20/2023 at 12:16 PM, QuestionEverything said:

We are a 1st time Oceania cruiser too, August as well. Never do any cruise lines air. Go a couple of days earlier to the port of departure and enjoy and relax. You control. The cruise lines put you on the most cheap, multi stop flights.

With the useless Canadian $ we are paying 35% more than Americans and similar to EU passengers.

Think carefully about travel out of Canada, it is expensive and requiring analysis to other options.

I’m American, but I compare air before I decide. If I pay the air deviation fee, my TA gets me good flights and I can fly in a day ahead of time. Since I’m a solo traveler, I don’t want to spend several days in a hotel by myself unless it’s a city that’s easy to get around like Miami, San Francisco, London, Vancouver, Sydney or Barcelona. I recently saved several thousand US$ by letting Oceania book my return business class airfare from Barcelona one way. I get automatic upgrades, but with the competition for those upgrades these days, I’m afraid to leave it to chance for international flights.