Beer- Easy Package

Knicks1130

22 minutes ago, Knicks1130 said:

Can you get any beer priced under $8 with Easy Package?  or only Draft beer Heineken and bottled beer Heineken???

Nope, Heineken is it. Makes no sense to me other than it make a beer drinker upgrade like I did. No way I could drink Heineken for a week.

The current available chart indicates only draft beer, Miller Lite bottle, and Heineken 0.0 Alcohol free on the Easy Package. Not sure if that's accurate or needs to be updated - MSC seems to run behind on keeping it current.

msc usa website says

• Draft beer Heineken and bottled beer Heineken*

*The brand of beer may vary overtime. The Easy Package covers all the above served in our bars, buffet and main restaurant.

giggle giggle "overtime"? 

3 hours ago, mvh said:

Nope, Heineken is it. Makes no sense to me other than it make a beer drinker upgrade like I did. No way I could drink Heineken for a week.

I’d rather not drink. 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I’d rather not drink. 

I don't drink much beer and really have no likes or dislikes - I am wine & Scotch / bourbon / grappa type of drinker.

Since my recent cruise, I was glad not to  have purchased a drinks package as it would have been very expensive ($360x4). 

I ended up paying a la carte for my drinks and racked up $190USD for a 7 day sailing.   Wife thought it was a lot, but actually not since I also drank whilst on land during port days.

MSC makes silly rules in my opinion - why not just charge for the person who drinks - not penalize by having 3 non drinkers buy the same package ???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 4sallypat said:

I don't drink much beer and really have no likes or dislikes - I am wine & Scotch / bourbon / grappa type of drinker.

Since my recent cruise, I was glad not to  have purchased a drinks package as it would have been very expensive ($360x4). 

I ended up paying a la carte for my drinks and racked up $190USD for a 7 day sailing.   Wife thought it was a lot, but actually not since I also drank whilst on land during port days.

MSC makes silly rules in my opinion - why not just charge for the person who drinks - not penalize by having 3 non drinkers buy the same package ???

Most lines do this, prevents folks from sharing packages..cheats are the reason we can’t have nice things. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Most lines do this, prevents folks from sharing packages..cheats are the reason we can’t have nice things. 

OMG, I say this all of the time!!!  Back in the day cabins would buy one package and openly share it, putting the crewmembers in an awkward spot b/c they didn't want to confront a guest.  Now everyone not only has to have a package, but the same one.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Scene from Blue Velvet with Dennis Hopper. 

HEINEKEN?  F that S.  Pabst Blue Ribbon. 

would post the clip but the language is a little rough 

Edited by miched
  • Haha 1