SilverAir flight options for SFO to ANC

Kalscruise

Wondering what flights/airlines/times folks have been given from San Francisco to Anchorage?  Curious if I should find and suggest flights? We want to stick with D2D.  Taking air credit would also remove pre night hotel and transfers. (without credit for those).  TIA

3 hours ago, Kalscruise said:

Wondering what flights/airlines/times folks have been given from San Francisco to Anchorage?  Curious if I should find and suggest flights? We want to stick with D2D.  Taking air credit would also remove pre night hotel and transfers. (without credit for those).  TIA

D2D does not usually include a pre hotel but does include transfers.

Although there are seasonal non-stops between SFO and ANC, you will almost always have an itinerary with a connection in Seattle.  AS offers about 18 flights a day each way between Anchorage and Seattle.  They are your most likely carrier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alithecat said:

United/Alaska have a non-stop between ANC and SFO. I think this is the only one.

Going sfo to Anch...  Alaska stops in Seattle but United makes a wonky stop out of the way in Denver... is what I'm finding.   Coming back from Vancouver will be easy.. United direct to Sfo.

4 hours ago, alithecat said:

United/Alaska have a non-stop between ANC and SFO. I think this is the only one.

United and Alaska are competitors, so this wouldn't be a code share.

Also, this service is seasonal, and the OP provided no time reference.

10 hours ago, Kalscruise said:

Going sfo to Anch...  Alaska stops in Seattle but United makes a wonky stop out of the way in Denver... is what I'm finding.   Coming back from Vancouver will be easy.. United direct to Sfo.

7 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

United and Alaska are competitors, so this wouldn't be a code share.

Also, this service is seasonal, and the OP provided no time reference.

FlyerTalker, time for your informative lecture on the difference between "direct" and "nonstop", not that I expect many to use the correct terminology, but you still try!!

33 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

FlyerTalker, time for your informative lecture on the difference between "direct" and "nonstop", not that I expect many to use the correct terminology, but you still try!!

"Direct" and "Non-stop" are not synonyms and do not mean the same thing.

A "non-stop" flight is just that...a flight that makes no stops between A and B.  They are noted as "non-stop" in all GDS displays.

A "direct" flight is different.  It is one that has no change of flight numbers between A and B.  However, the aircraft make make one or more stops along the way, and may even change aircraft.  As long as the flight number does not change, it is "direct".

This means that a milk run with a number of stops is still "direct" if the flight number remains constant.  Southwest is notorious for listing "direct" flights on their website that have stops along the way - and the stops are somewhat hidden in the display.  Their most infamous example was when they had a "direct" flight from Baltimore to Oakland that made EIGHT stops along the way.  But since the flight number was the same, anyone on any (or all) of those segments was on a direct flight.

In summary, all nonstops are direct, but not all direct are non-stop.  And beware of what you may be purchasing.

19 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

I always sort the choices by duration of flight.

Meaning that you view air travel as a commodity without any regard for the differences in quality?

Were you a big patron of Tower Air?

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

Meaning that you view air travel as a commodity without any regard for the differences in quality?

I view the flight as part of the travel experience.  I would not choose an airline Spirit etc ... but IMHO I find Alaska and United comparable and would choose either to save time in getting to my destination.

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

I sort within an airline’s options.  I have my preferred airlines and I do not view them as a simple mode of transport.  

I am doing my own air because Silversea is only doing Economy air to Anchorage.

We booked hotel (including extra night) and all transfers with Silversea.  The very healthy air credit will help with first class fares

51 minutes ago, bitob said:

I am doing my own air because Silversea is only doing Economy air to Anchorage.

We booked hotel (including extra night) and all transfers with Silversea.  The very healthy air credit will help with first class fares

I've heard of this economy air, what's it like?

• Haha 2