Which hotel for Fort Lauderdale are people staying in these days?

Tweedy

On 6/8/2023 at 8:06 AM, lx200gps said:

The closest "hotel zone" near Port Everglades is the 17th Street strip, right on the northern entrance to Port Everglades and there are some excellent bets in that area. Our two usual hotels are the aforementioned Hyatt Place (and check out Valuetrips to make our Canadian $$$s go farther) and the big Renaissance nearby. 17th Street has lots of restaurants and last-minute shopping in the immediate area as well (Publix supermarket and the ridiculously cheap Total Wines for example). Unfortunately, 17th Street pricing is VERY cyclical and in peak season pricing can be eye-watering when converted to Canadian dollars. A good fallback area with good local infrastructure but slightly lower pricing is Dania Beach, just south of the airport but still close to PE. If you are traveling in prime peak season, another good and cheaper option is Plantation. Farther from FLL and PE but the pricing is relatively stable and doesn't explode in peak season like the other areas.

Is this the place……Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port? In East Fort Lauderdale. 

Tom😀

17 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Is this the place……Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port? In East Fort Lauderdale. 

Tom😀

Yes

Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port

1851 SE 10th Ave

Ft Lauderdale 

954-763-7670

Edited by phabric
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2023 at 4:49 PM, CTKath said:

We stayed at Hyatt Place 2 years ago.  This time we are trying Hyatt Centric Los Olas.

That place looks AWESOME!! Who cares how much it costs I'd love to stay there. I always stay on Las Olas Beach.

The Hyatt Centric is one of a very few places I would stay pre-cruise in Ft. Lauderdale that's not on the beach.

If it's possible when you get back could you give us a quick review of the hotel please. Thank you Todd

There's a Speakeasy bar in  one of the hotel rooms. That place is AWESOME!!

I read all about it on the flight home last time. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2023 at 9:25 PM, phabric said:

I have stayed for many years when going to FLL for a few days at Best Western Oceanside.  The hotel is 100 yds from ocean (close to ocean within paying to be waterfront), bar that sells food, $ washer/dryer, bus outside the door, walking distance to water taxi, friendly staff, clean rooms with refrigerator and microwave.  No shuttle from airport to the hotel, you sign up for a $ shuttle to Port Everglades.

@phabric have you stayed at the BW Oceanside recently? It's our go-to hotel in Fort Lauderdale too but we haven't been since before Covid and I'm seeing some rather unflattering recent reviews (admittedly not very many and of course people are more likely to post to complain than to praise, but still...). I'm looking for February 2024 and wondering if I need to be looking for somewhere new.

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

@phabric have you stayed at the BW Oceanside recently? It's our go-to hotel in Fort Lauderdale too but we haven't been since before Covid and I'm seeing some rather unflattering recent reviews (admittedly not very many and of course people are more likely to post to complain than to praise, but still...). I'm looking for February 2024 and wondering if I need to be looking for somewhere new.

Last time we stayed there was Feb 2022.  We have always enjoyed our stay there.  The staff seem to remember us from one year to another.  

We are staying there again 3 days pre cruise and 2 days post cruise Feb 2024.  I call in and ask for the Managers’s Special rate.  Phoning in is easier for me than you in Portugal.  You might try emailing, “Attention Manager” asking about the Manager’s Special.

bwfortlauderdaleft.com

954-525-8815

17 minutes ago, phabric said:

Last time we stayed there was Feb 2022.  We have always enjoyed our stay there.  The staff seem to remember us from one year to another.  

We are staying there again 3 days pre cruise and 2 days post cruise Feb 2024.  I call in and ask for the Managers’s Special rate.  Phoning in is easier for me than you in Portugal.  You might try emailing, “Attention Manager” asking about the Manager’s Special.

bwfortlauderdaleft.com

954-525-8815

Thanks! Much appreciated. I may just try doing that. ☺️

What dates are you going to be there in February? We'd be staying from the 8th to the 10th of February, pre-Symphony OTS.

Just now, FionaMG said:

Thanks! Much appreciated. I may just try doing that. ☺️

What dates are you going to be there in February? We'd be staying from the 8th to the 10th of February, pre-Symphony OTS.

Feb 21-24 and March 2-4, 2024. We are on the Sky Princess Feb 24-March 2.

I have been on Symphony.  There is a lot of walking from one to the other end on the ship.  Make sure you have made reservations for your dining time and all the shows in advance as there might only be stand by seats available if you wait to book on the ship.

• Thanks 1