Help regarding Hyatt Hotel in Athens Greece

azgrandmax3

We have stayed at this hotel as part of a pre-cruise hotel package but it was via NCL. The hotel is great! From the rooftop pool area you can see the Acropolis a couple of miles away. Most cruise line hotel packages include the transportation to/from the airport and hotel to ship. I can't speak specifically to the way that Princess handles this but I would *think* it should be similar. Very nice hotel!

The hotel is in Leoforos Syggrou about 3 km from the city center (Syntagma). Please clarify number of days, if already booked, trip dates so we can offer meaningful help. The answer will be different if you are staying for 1 day precruise, postcruisevor for a whole week. Also, there is a number of ways to get from the airport to any hotel, but again it depends on number of traveller's, age etc.

I guess this is another case where I get to play, contrarian!  A fan of the Grand Hyatt....I am not!  Why?  In Athens we think its all about location, location, locations.  If you are going to book a 5 * expensive hotel, the best choice is the Grand Bretagne....which is an elegant older hotel in the absolutely best location within the city.  

Hank

• Like 3

We appreciate all your advise.  Our situation is this.  Arrive day before boarding ship. Concern is the one night at hotel.  Morning getting to pier.  We have transportation from pier back to airport at end of cruise.

So what transportation do you recommend for 4 adults with luggage airport to hotel, then hotel to pier?

Thank you,

On 6/11/2023 at 9:36 AM, Hlitner said:

If you are going to book a 5 * expensive hotel, the best choice is the Grand Bretagne....which is an elegant older hotel in the absolutely best location within the city.  

Agree with this. Also has a great rooftop pool and restaurant/bar overlooking the Acropolis. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2023 at 7:45 PM, azgrandmax3 said:

We appreciate all your advise.  Our situation is this.  Arrive day before boarding ship. Concern is the one night at hotel.  Morning getting to pier.  We have transportation from pier back to airport at end of cruise.

So what transportation do you recommend for 4 adults with luggage airport to hotel, then hotel to pier?

Thank you,

I've used them for airport pickup, port drop off and a few weeks ago, round trip port to Grande Bretagne and back (our cruise called in Athens for a day so I booked them to take me to the GB as it is a great location and I was able to walk around Athens a bit, shop, eat and have a drink at the rooftop bar, then I got picked up by the same driver and went back to the ship.

https://athenstransferservices.com/