mini bar

greener

16 minutes ago, david63 said:

but you can ask your cabin steward to swap anything you don't want for something that you do.

Reports are that on some ships cabin stewards are telling guests to call room service to swap, and on shorter cruises they won't swap at all.

2 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Reports are that on some ships cabin stewards are telling guests to call room service to swap, and on shorter cruises they won't swap at all.

The room service used to be the ones to contact to swap out the mini bar, more recently it’s been the cabin stewards and most recently a mix between the two. I’ve been on 4 day cruises and up to 20 day cruises this year as recently as June 7th and never had an issue switching out the mini bar. 

3 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I just turned Elite. Can you describe what is in the minibar?

35 minutes ago, dmam said:

Whatever they happen to have on hand. I have yet to get the supposed "stock" setup. However, the FAQ does say the contents are "subject to change".

Elite Mini-Bar FAQ

Elite Mini-Bar Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?
Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, david63 said:

but you can ask your cabin steward to swap anything you don't want for something that you do.

The mini-bars are a RS responsibility, so pick up the phone and call them rather than asking cabin steward who has to do it.  Much better for you to do it and that way the staff on other end of phone can let you know if something you are asking for is out of stock and you pick a substitute.

ETA: Note that you can have anything you want for the 10 alcohol items, but only non-alcohol for the 10 non-alcohol items.

Edited by Steelers36

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2023 at 6:44 PM, dmam said:

Just to add a little: in addition to trading like for like (alcoholic / nonalcoholic) you can trade all of it for a bottle of wine. On the Emerald Princess last month they said it's value must be under $50 but they let me trade for one listed at $61. So there is flexibility