What Drinks w/o Packages?

Belletora

So I currently have the drink package that comes with Free at Sea and am well aware I may be stuck with it. But as someone who drinks water or unsweetened iced tea and rarely anything else, I wondered what is included without the package. And are you able to turn it down? I feel foolish paying for something that I probably won't use. I am under 90 days out now, so I have a feeling they will tell me I am stuck with it; I just didn't even consider questioning it beforehand.

I turn down the drink package every single time.  There's obviously water, the house coffee, and I believe  a juice machine that is available.  I usually drink water, Starbucks in the morning, and maybe a Diet Coke. Nothing that would make any beverage package worthwhile. I would give it a shot to get rid of it and they may give you OBC.

• Like 2

You can have all the coffee and tea and water and flavored punches that they have at the buffet.  Then there's unlimited tap water from bar venues or restaurants (not bottled water though). 

Others will chime in, but I recall seeing iced tea at the buffet.  Not sure if they'd give you that for free at the bar. 

Anyway, based on what you are saying, I'm thinking you should opt out of the drink package.

8 minutes ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

I turn down the drink package every single time.  There's obviously water, the house coffee, and I believe  a juice machine that is available.  I usually drink water, Starbucks in the morning, and maybe a Diet Coke. Nothing that would make any beverage package worthwhile. I would give it a shot to get rid of it and they may give you OBC.

I am definitely going to give it a try. It just makes more sense the more I consider it.

8 minutes ago, JGmf said:

You can have all the coffee and tea and water and flavored punches that they have at the buffet.  Then there's unlimited tap water from bar venues or restaurants (not bottled water though). 

Others will chime in, but I recall seeing iced tea at the buffet.  Not sure if they'd give you that for free at the bar. 

Anyway, based on what you are saying, I'm thinking you should opt out of the drink package.

That is really good to know. I actually do drink coffee, I had just forgotten to mention it 😛

4 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Can't hurt to call and ask if you can still have it removed from your account!

So very true!

• Like 1

you still have plenty of time to decline the drink package.  You have up to 24 hours before sailing.

Edit:Maybe it's 48 hours, but either way you have plenty of time

Edited by dbrown84
  • Like 1

Oh, and bring a refillable drink bottle/container to the buffet.  Use a clean glass to fill it, and you can have a portable giant serving of your free beverage of choice all day long (and in your room too).

• Like 2

I'm a water and coffee person and I never do the package. I drink the buffet iced tea and lemonade, and they have a few other juice drinks that rotate. I do have a couple of actual drinks throughout the week, but never come close to the cost of the "free" package. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Oh, and bring a refillable drink bottle/container to the buffet.  Use a clean glass to fill it, and you can have a portable giant serving of your free beverage of choice all day long (and in your room too).

A water bottle is a great idea; I am never really caught without one as it is. I wonder, can I bring water additives? I drink Liquid IV often. 

11 minutes ago, Monica887 said:

I'm a water and coffee person and I never do the package. I drink the buffet iced tea and lemonade, and they have a few other juice drinks that rotate. I do have a couple of actual drinks throughout the week, but never come close to the cost of the "free" package. 

Exactly, I may have a glass or two of wine throughout the trip, but it would never get me to the $240 they just refunded. 

At the buffet during breakfast there is orange juice, apple juice and maybe cranberry.  At all other times the juice machines have flavored sugar free drinks like mango or strawberry kiwi.  At all times there is coffee, hot water for a selection of tea (usually regular, decaf, chamomile, sometimes mint or English breakfast or some other selection,) hot cocoa packets, milk, lemonade, tap water and unsweetened iced tea.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 1:13 AM, YVRteacher said:

Just to clarify, the drinks in the buffet are not sugar free.  They are high in sugar!

All of the "enhanced waters" are sugar free. At the buffet and in the main dining rooms, any of the juices or enhanced waters that you may get are from Nestle Vitality machines. Here is the nutrition info: https://www.nestleprofessional.us/sites/default/files/2021-11/nestle-vitality-express-beverages-full-line-brochure_012021_4pgs_0.pdf

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pitzel said:

All of the "enhanced waters" are sugar free. At the buffet and in the main dining rooms, any of the juices or enhanced waters that you may get are from Nestle Vitality machines. Here is the nutrition info: https://www.nestleprofessional.us/sites/default/files/2021-11/nestle-vitality-express-beverages-full-line-brochure_012021_4pgs_0.pdf

To further support this, sometimes the label the vitality waters have stuck to the machine say sugar free and sometimes they don't.  I asked buffet staff which machine had the sugar free and was told they are all sugar free.  Then they showed me the cartons where the nutritional info proved this.  

Edited by gizfish
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1