Taking your special non-alcoholic soft drinks/beverages on board.

lovedecruise

I have just read in the FAQ section under "Items prohibited", that all alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are not allowed to be brought on board.  Sometimes when we are in Port, we like to buy cans of our favourite soft drink, (not stocked on board), and bring it back on the ship.  Does anyone know if this rule also applies to bottled water?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          What Not to Pack?                

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • **Aerial Drones
  • Candles & Incense
  • ***Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • HAM Radios
  • Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • ****Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
  • Potentially hazardous food and/or food that requires refrigeration. 

Could this be country dependent? 

I'm on the Canadian Site and it says

****Alcoholic Beverages

"****Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. "

Okay, seeing that the OP is from New Zealand, I can only surmize that there may be different protocols for bringing beverages aboard.

Many of us are using our country specific info to apply requirements/policies for this inquiry.

Alas, we need to find out if in fact for these ports, it is not permissible to bring beverages aboard.

It would be good to hear from other passengers from "Down Under" how they fared, if in fact they did or tried to bring beverages aboard for their sailing(s).

Cheers and bon voyage

5 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Okay, seeing that the OP is from New Zealand, I can only surmize that there may be different protocols for bringing beverages aboard.

Many of us are using our country specific info to apply requirements/policies for this inquiry.

Alas, we need to find out if in fact for these ports, it is not permissible to bring beverages aboard.

It would be good to hear from other passengers from "Down Under" how they fared, if in fact they did or tried to bring beverages aboard for their sailing(s).

Cheers and bon voyage

Thank you for suggesting that. Maybe I will ask a similar question on the Aust/NZ board to see if anyone has had any issues when sailing Celebrity down under. Thank you for your help. 

• Thanks 1