Quantity/ quality of activities on an Oceania Transatlantic

edgee

Considering a Transatlantic on Vista next Spring. It has been several years since we have done an Oceania TA. What sorts of enhanced special activities/programs/entertainment are usually available on a TA compared to usual trivia and one enrichment speaker and one evening show available on most Oceania cruises. Anything extra or special?

I recall a very enjoyable afternoon with the County Fair event on a recent TA.  Each of the ship's departments had a booth on the Pool Deck with a competitive activity (ping pong ball throw into a cup, guess the native country of each senior officer, knot tying, etc.) which earned the participant chances in the lottery draw at the end of the Fair.  Lots of fun!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, edgee said:

Considering a Transatlantic on Vista next Spring. It has been several years since we have done an Oceania TA. What sorts of enhanced special activities/programs/entertainment are usually available on a TA compared to usual trivia and one enrichment speaker and one evening show available on most Oceania cruises. Anything extra or special?

Country Fair is a hoot. There’s also a boat building contest added and special event for transoceanic “line crossings” (e.g., equator and IDL). 

• Like 3

Recent Sirena TA had daily trivia, putting competitions, shuffleboard competitions, ping-pong, bingo, name that tune contests, a voyage-long at scavenger hunt, plus the aforementioned county fair. Most awarded the all-so-important O-Points, which you get to trade in for bling at the end of the cruise. There were other non-O Point activities everyday as well such as bridge and mah-jong (I think). Speakers were so-so (one was down sick for most of the cruise.). I'm sure there's stuff I'm forgetting, but in any case, PLENTY to keep you occupied!

We have done maybe four TAs on Regent and one on Oceania.  We were very disappointed in the lack of on board lecturers on Oceania compared to what we had experienced on Regent.   Yes, there are still lectures.  But not as good/as often on Oceania.

On the plus side - we far prefer the food on Oceania to that on Regent (though I hear Regent has improved since O. bought it.). And we loved our two meals at la Reserve...  really special!

We haven't been on Regent since 2014 when we first cruised on Oceania.  We loved Regent but Oceania - and especially the format that you add on things you want, like wine, spirits and excursions rather than having them all included - suits us better.  We loved Riviera and we are really excited about being on Vista !!