Can Luggage be dropped at Manhattan Cruise Terminal before boarding?

2 hours ago, tropicalkerry2002 said:

Car SERVICE that you recommend...would like to pre=arrange and not use data!

Dial7 or Carmel will be the best bet for a prescheduled service. Keep in mind that if its a shorter ride (like from the MCT to a hotel in Manhattan) options like Uber/Lyft will most likely be a MUCH better deal. 

11 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Dial7 or Carmel will be the best bet for a prescheduled service. Keep in mind that if its a shorter ride (like from the MCT to a hotel in Manhattan) options like Uber/Lyft will most likely be a MUCH better deal. 

I would like to add that these car services all expect you to confirm when you’re at the airport so you will still be using data. But try to put your phone on WiFi. LaG offers free WiFi. 

Also, what time is sail away? All this talk about traipsing all over to get a smoked meat sandwich when OPs flight is landing at 9:30 is making me nervous. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Got2Cruise said:

I would like to add that these car services all expect you to confirm when you’re at the airport so you will still be using data. But try to put your phone on WiFi. LaG offers free WiFi. 

Also, what time is sail away? All this talk about traipsing all over to get a smoked meat sandwich when OPs flight is landing at 9:30 is making me nervous. 

I live outside Manhattan in NJ and had to google smoked meat sandwich, I don’t think our area is known for them.

My Canadianism is coming through very clearly!

Smoked meat is milder than pastrami, I believe, but I can certainly appreciate a great sandwich of either!

And don't worry...ship doesn't sail till 1700! There is time for lunch, since that will be all I get to experience of NYC!

Thanks for the car service recommendations, Princeton!

38 minutes ago, tropicalkerry2002 said:

Smoked meat is milder than pastrami, I believe, but I can certainly appreciate a great sandwich of either!

They are a lot closer than either side would like to admit. If you put Katz's and Schwartz next to each other the average person would have a very difficult time differentiating. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tropicalkerry2002 said:

We always were able to meet with the driver somehow! First time I used a cellphone for a car that I couldn't find, was at the port in LA in 2016.

You can still work with one of the top end car services like Carey, Savoya, or Empire CLS-- their drivers will meet you in the terminal with a little sign. But you usually pay through the nose for the convenience. Most of them start charging you from garage out to garage in meaning you have a lot of time on the meter. Can be hundreds more than other options. 

Much less expensive to use an app or just call the driver at a Dial7 or Carmel. 

• Like 1