Millennium Deck 6 Sky Suite good view and quiet

zitsky

Just now, jelayne said:

E Class Sun Deck

Absolutely true 

I still enjoyed the Retreat and forward suites deck/area on Millie.  Great service too. Especially with hot coco and warm blankets sailing out of San Fran last year. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Well I have to think about what I want but also what my partner cares about.

I research so I know what I’m getting.

There is no Aqua cabin.  I have not booked yet.

Oh, sorry! I read too many posts here on the Celebrity board and got confused. 

2 minutes ago, Ellesor826 said:

Absolutely true 

I still enjoyed the Retreat and forward suites deck/area on Millie.  Great service too. Especially with hot coco and warm blankets sailing out of San Fran last year. 

Did you use the main pool?  Was it a hassle, in your opinion, to go up and down?  I note there is no bar there in the Retreat deck but there are servers?  Thanks.

1 minute ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Oh, sorry! I read too many posts here on the Celebrity board and got confused. 

Well it’s perfectly all right.  It’s between a Sky Suite that MIGHT have an obstructed view MAYBE not or an Aqua class that MIGHT get noise.  I’m still researching.

Just now, zitsky said:

Did you use the main pool?  Was it a hassle, in your opinion, to go up and down?  I note there is no bar there in the Retreat deck but there are servers?  Thanks.

It was too chilly to use the pool for us.   San Diego to Vancouver.  
yes, servers were excellent and attentive. 

44 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I don’t mean to complain because I’m still trying to talk myself into a deck 6 Sky Suite.  Any other pictures are appreciated.  Are all cabins the same in terms of balcony view?  At least one poster suggested they do not all have the same view.

The video posted by thebutlerdidit indicates to me not much difference in the views along the bank of Sky Suites on Deck 6.  We are booked in one and not concerned at all about the lifeboats below.  The commanding view is out to the sea not down.  The Sky Suites on 8 and 9 would not be preferred for us because they are very near the panoramic glass elevators possibly sacrificing one’s privacy on their verandah.  
Also, regarding Aqua on Deck 9, don’t forget about the echoey metal overhanging Deck 10 above you.  It’s not the noise from Deck 10 that would concern me.  We never heard anyone or anything coming from Deck 10 above us.  Rather the issue for me was the cantankerous metal supports holding up the overhanging Deck 10 and disrupting the view.  The shade was nice, but the overhang and metal supports created a less than premium aesthetic while enjoying the verandah.  Voices from neighboring verandahs carried.  Lifeboats over this for us.

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Stem to Stern said:

The video posted by thebutlerdidit indicates to me not much difference in the views along the bank of Sky Suites on Deck 6.  We are booked in one and not concerned at all about the lifeboats below.  The commanding view is out to the sea not down.  The Sky Suites on 8 and 9 would not be preferred for us because they are very near the panoramic glass elevators possibly sacrificing one’s privacy on their verandah.  
Also, regarding Aqua on Deck 9, don’t forget about the echoey metal overhanging Deck 10 above you.  It’s not the noise from Deck 10 that would concern me.  We never heard anyone or anything coming from Deck 10 above us.  Rather the issue for me was the cantankerous metal supports holding up the overhanging Deck 10 and disrupting the view.  The shade was nice, but the overhang and metal supports created a less than premium aesthetic while enjoying the verandah.  Voices from neighboring verandahs carried.  Lifeboats over this for us.

Hey I very much appreciate your post.   It’s very helpful.  But what if I accidentally look down?  Will I have to get a martini to deal with the disappointment?  And where would I find one on a cruise ship?

Ok, so kidding.  😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Hey I very much appreciate your post.   It’s very helpful.  But what if I accidentally look down?  Will I have to get a martini to deal with the disappointment?  And where would I find one on a cruise ship?

Ok, so kidding.  😂

I know you're kidding, but I want to make sure you're not overthinking it too. I've not been in the cabins that you're considering, but IMO, from all the pics I've seen, if you're sitting on your balcony with cocktails on the table looking out to sea, the lifeboats are not at all in view. If you see them, it's because you wanted to see them.

On M-class deck 6, the further aft you get, the fewer obstructions there are looking down. 6145, adjacent to the PH suite had no obstructions at all, though it wasn't perfect by any measure.

• Like 1

@zitsky. A very good point is made above by @RichYak the two Aqua Sky Suites (6145 & 6146) adjacent to the Penthouse Suites have all the Aqua and Suite Benefits and have no obstructed views looking downward.  So these two may scratch both your itches. 

Full disclosure, we will be sailing in #6146 in May of 2024. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

@zitsky. A very good point is made above by @RichYak the two Aqua Sky Suites (6145 & 6146) adjacent to the Penthouse Suites have all the Aqua and Suite Benefits and have no obstructed views looking downward.  So these two may scratch both your itches. 

Our group had 6116, 6118, and 6146. I preferred 6118, probably because I liked the position of the bed to the left. Aesthetically, the door to the penthouse in 6146 wasn’t pleasing. Probably not an issue for anyone else, but that was something that I noted. What might be an issue is that my son in law said he fell asleep on the balcony of 6146 and woke to see that people on the deck above could see him. Lack of privacy is an issue for me. The bathroom was huge though, with both a shower and separate bath. It’s a lot to consider. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

6145/6146 have plusses and minuses. They're larger rooms, particularly the bathroom which is huge and has a walk-in shower separate from a full size tub. You also share the same butler as the PH.

On the contrary, there is the connecting door to the PH suite, which wasn't an issue for me. The real issue was the only window is the 3 foot door leading out to the veranda. I found the cabin dark and disconnected from the ocean view.

YMMV

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Our group had 6116, 6118, and 6146. I preferred 6118, probably because I liked the position of the bed to the left. Aesthetically, the door to the penthouse in 6146 wasn’t pleasing. Probably not an issue for anyone else, but that was something that I noted. What might be an issue is that my son in law said he fell asleep on the balcony of 6146 and woke to see that people on the deck above could see him. Lack of privacy is an issue for me. The bathroom was huge though, with both a shower and separate bath. It’s a lot to consider. 

Right now I like the idea of 6118, or 6116 but there are no reports in the cabin spreadsheet about 6116 and it seems that even cabins next to each other may not be as quiet or as noisy as the other.  (Based on comments from the spreadsheet.)

13 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

Oh.  ‘Em.  Gee.  Check these out @Ellesor826 

I totally forgot about the staterooms being revolutionized.  

Even more excited for our upcoming sailing now.

I know! I'm in #8127 on the Millennium in three weeks from today. I can't wait! I booked a guarantee suite and they gave me an accessible sky suite. Other than the towel barrier I'll have to do for the shower to avoid water running around the bathroom floor it will be marvelous! And I'll take the towel barrier for the $1,000 I saved over picking my own sky suite. 

23 hours ago, zitsky said:

Right now I like the idea of 6118, or 6116 but there are no reports in the cabin spreadsheet about 6116 and it seems that even cabins next to each other may not be as quiet or as noisy as the other.  (Based on comments from the spreadsheet.)

Noise wasn’t an issue in our suites. I checked with my son and he only had a video of 6116, but here are some screen captures from that. 

IMG_8804.png

IMG_8805.png

IMG_8806.png

IMG_8807.png

IMG_8808.png

IMG_8809.png

IMG_8810.png

IMG_8811.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I'm sensitive to noise and it was a very quiet cabin in a great location.

Did you feel much side to side or back and forth motion?  Since it’s aft cabin a little after mid ship?

Thanks for the pics.

Didn't feel any side to side or back and forth motion. I have felt that in an aft corner family veranda - which I've had twice solo just myself and is the type of cabin to get (when they open them late for anyone to book) if you want a great balcony and unobstructed view. Was just in one on Summit in April with mostly sea days and it was lovely.

• Like 1