LIVE / Sky Princess / June 17th / Land of the Midnight Sun & Summer Solstice 14 Day Cruise

Jeter02

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! Please consider submitting a review it to the site for publication when you return: Click: Write a Review."

Jeter02 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Today is travel day!!!! Figured I'd give it a go with a semi LIVE thread of my Sky Princess Cruise leaving this Saturday on June 17th, from Southampton. I will be doing a Land of the Midnight Sun & Summer Solstice Cruise around the Artic Circle in Norway with a stop In Belgium. I'll be flying out today from Ft. Lauderdale to London, as I'll be spending a day visiting family prior to joining the ship.

If anyone has any questions about the ship, or itinerary please don't hesitate to ask, as I'll do my best to help answer them. I will also try to update you with all the fun that's going on on the ship, as well as the port of calls. 

I'm no new stranger to Princess as I am a loyal Princess sailor, and can usually find me during any of my breaks / vacation time from my teaching schedule onboard a ship. Port Everglades is literally my backyard, so I am blessed with having that at my fingertips and not having to deal with the cost and time of flying and traveling. I do sail the Caribbean very frequently as well as Alaska and the West Coast. And have done a couple trips around Europe via ship, as well as a lot of land vacations in Europe. I Love the Royal class ship family and have been on the Sky a multitude of times, So please don't be shy to ask anything.

For anyone else who's on this sailing, please feel free to chime in and share your cruise vacation experiences along the way.

I hope you enjoy the opportunity of coming aboard this cruise with me!

Screenshot_20230615_081732_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0506aeb34d79a8774bcb4b3ecfcc22d9.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I’m really looking forward to following you along on your journey. I’m doing my first Princess Cruise in August on Sky Princess doing a similar itinerary.

Not only have we never cruised Princess, but we’ve never been to Norway either,

so I’ll be sure to ask questions when / if I think of them, thanks 😊 

We have Flam & Skjolden instead of Molde & Alesund, but all other ports including Belgium are the same.

safe travels into London, and I hope you have a nice time visiting family Pre cruise 

• Like 2

Very much looking forward to reading all about your adventure.  Thank you for taking the time to share it with us.  Could I please ask that you change your text to black instead of pink.  It’s very hard on the eyes, at least for me.  Thank you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

I’m really looking forward to following you along on your journey. I’m doing my first Princess Cruise in August on Sky Princess doing a similar itinerary.

Not only have we never cruised Princess, but we’ve never been to Norway either,

so I’ll be sure to ask questions when / if I think of them, thanks 😊 

We have Flam & Skjolden instead of Molde & Alesund, but all other ports including Belgium are the same.

safe travels into London, and I hope you have a nice time visiting family Pre cruise 

Thank you!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gah_cruise said:

Agree....very hard on the eyes, 

10 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Very much looking forward to reading all about your adventure.  Thank you for taking the time to share it with us.  Could I please ask that you change your text to black instead of pink.  It’s very hard on the eyes, at least for me.  Thank you.

Yes, will do black text from here on out. No problem 😉 I've always wished that they gave you unlimited time to when you want to re-edit a post otherwise I would change it back for you all now to black.

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, sheriff's wife said:

Hello !

We are also on this trip . Please can you remind me if Sky has US or UK plug sockets?

Many thanks and safe travels to the port .

They have both. You can zoom in on the desk area and you can see the outlets.

20230422_132844.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, gah_cruise said:

@Jeter02 are you staying in Southampton Friday evening or traveling on Saturday? 

No. I will be staying with my cousin and Clapham, London. Then I'll take the train which is about an hour's ride to Southampton on Saturday morning.

• Like 1

On the Sky now and for electrical outlets in our cabin  there are ---

2 USB outlets on each table lamp, 

2 EU plug outlets available on wall by each lamp (could be behind your bed if set up for queen size)

2 US plug outlets by desk area

3 EU plug outlets by desk area  (That's including the  outlet that is used for the kettle which is unused in our cabin

We have an EU plug convert to US plug in each EU outlet.  So for those from the US using an EU converter plug you would have   7 outlets to use without needing an extension cord with additional plug outlets on it..

For once, we have more outlets than we need.

I arrived to London 6am this morning. I will say the addition of the new customs E-Gate system was a dream. Absolutely loved that there are no more long lines to be checked by customs. With the E-Gate system its a nice straight walk through. No more passport stamps though, for those who enjoy getting their booked stamped.

Weather was nice this morning, and later in the afternoon felt like I was almost back home in Florida, as it definitely warmed up this bright sunshiny day. A little warmer than I'd like, as I like escaping the Florida heat. I'm hoping for colder temps while we sail to Norway. 

Definitely happy I flew in a day early, as the flight was a bit turbulent, and I was not able to get any sleep. I did manage a quick sleep once I arrived to my cousins house. Much needed as I felt like a brand new person and fresh as a daisy. 

Looking forward to joining the ship tomorrow! Safe travels to those who may be flying out today, and arriving tomorrow. 

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

I arrived to London 6am this morning. I will say the addition of the new customs E-Gate system was a dream. Absolutely loved that there are no more long lines to be checked by customs. With the E-Gate system its a nice straight walk through. No more passport stamps though, for those who enjoy getting their booked stamped.

Weather was nice this morning, and later in the afternoon felt like I was almost back home in Florida, as it definitely warmed up this bright sunshiny day. A little warmer than I'd like, as I like escaping the Florida heat. I'm hoping for colder temps while we sail to Norway. 

Definitely happy I flew in a day early, as the flight was a bit turbulent, and I was not able to get any sleep. I did manage a quick sleep once I arrived to my cousins house. Much needed as I felt like a brand new person and fresh as a daisy. 

Looking forward to joining the ship tomorrow! Safe travels to those who may be flying out today, and arriving tomorrow. 

It took us only 30 minutes from landing till getting to bus station for the bus to Southampton.

so easy.

• Like 1

Glad the E gates were working for you!

Those gates were causing all sorts of chaos at first. Hopefully they have it all sussed now & no more problems because it sounds like a great system 😃 

I’ve spent the past 5 days moaning about how hot it is here (I’m next door to Gatwick Airport 30 min outside central London) I’ve been researching & planning our midnight sun cruise. Mainly because it’s nice thinking of a cooler climate! I’m Such a wimp in this heat 😂

hope embarkation goes well tomorrow and that the weather is cooler, but dry for you. Bon Voyage!

• Like 1