Millennium Sky Suite storage - dresser below the TV (vs Aqua Class)

zitsky

6 minutes ago, miched said:

The Sky Suites have been destroyed by Kelly and her Ikea designs.  

She eliminated the walk in closets.  Took out all of the shelves in the lavatory.   Very little storage left.  

Installed very shallow drawers in the desk and night stands.  Has a chair that doesn’t fit under it the desk. 

Furniture isn’t comfortable.  

The walls aren’t steel so magnets are useless.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks.  Walk in closets?  Really?  Well there is always Aqua class.  Sky Suite is a $5,000 premium over Aqua.

The walls are not steel?  Is that true for all cabins on the Millennium after the redesign?

Edited by zitsky

12 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Thanks.  Walk in closets?  Really?  Well there is always Aqua class.  Sky Suite is a $5,000 premium over Aqua.

The walls are not steel?  Is that true for all cabins on the Millennium after the redesign?

You  use to be able to walk into the closet.  They were deeper,   You could basically walk in and close the door.  They also had lights  that came on when the door opened.  

We use magnets to attach the papers to the wall and also hooks to hang the robes, caps,  and etc.  

Many women also complain that the full length mirror was also eliminated 

$5000 premium is way too much for a SS over AQ

We are doing AQ for a NE cruise as it is also $5300  pp less than a SS that is a 11 day cruise.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thank you all for the positives and negatives.  All that said did you enjoy your stay in a revolutionized Sky Suite on the Millennium?

Did you find the speed of the servers made up for the lack of a dedicated bar on the sundeck?  Did you ever use the sundeck dining area?

10 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

@zitsky Here is the storage for sky suites…

One side of the closet has for hanging clothes, that is double width. The other side, pictured below has three shelves and two drawers. 

IMG_0041.thumb.jpeg.716340ea50575df08501d4f425e84697.jpeg

IMG_0037.thumb.jpeg.724b8e3167711b5887e13482bab9bf6a.jpeg

adjacent to the desk is a low shelf with to cabinets underneath 

IMG_0040.jpeg.25b254906ab12ed4d7a34c1ae9cdc75e.jpeg

underneath the tv is a low shelf with three cabinets, one is where the mini-fridge is located, the other two have a single shelf each.

IMG_0038.thumb.jpeg.7f434cb9791a88611b81590c4bdbb408.jpeg

in the bathroom on the back wall there is an alcove as others have mentioned. 

IMG_0039.thumb.jpeg.f518f1f890ce79098d0972bef8379459.jpeg

As others have stated, there is room under the bed for suitcases. 

@DaKahuna 

Thanks for the photos.  Very helpful!

ADJACENT TO THE DESK IS A LOW SHELF

So those drawers below the shelf near the desk pull out?  Are they as large as they look?

I’m sure if I asked the butler they would remove that desk chair?

From videos the balcony table looks large enough to hold a room service tray?

Edited by zitsky

14 minutes ago, zitsky said:

ADJACENT TO THE DESK IS A LOW SHELF

Yes, there are storage bins below the shelf.

So those drawers below the shelf near the desk pull out?  Are they as large as they look?

Yes, they are large drawers.  There are only two of them.  

I’m sure if I asked the butler they would remove that desk chair?

I am sure you could ask.  Or you could simply move it over by the door leading to the balcony. 

From videos the balcony table looks large enough to hold a room service tray?

You could put a room service tray on it butt it would hang over both ends.  You might be able to get tow plates and a couple of glasses on that table but it's not really as large as the older wooden ones that were on the pre-revolutionized ships.   We never put anything more than our drinks on ours. 

32 minutes ago, miched said:

You  use to be able to walk into the closet.  They were deeper,   You could basically walk in and close the door.  They also had lights  that came on when the door opened.  

We use magnets to attach the papers to the wall and also hooks to hang the robes, caps,  and etc.  

Many women also complain that the full length mirror was also eliminated 

$5000 premium is way too much for a SS over AQ

We are doing AQ for a NE cruise as it is also $5300  pp less than a SS that is a 11 day cruise.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I’ve also thought about Aqua class plus Move up bid to a suite.  But by that time the choices of cabins might be limited.

Edited by zitsky

We were on the Summit after the Refurb in a SS.  The suite was one that had a larger angled balcony. I think it was 6132 or 34. I hope you have better deck furniture than we did if you opt for a SS

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_0327.jpeg

23 minutes ago, miched said:

We were on the Summit after the Refurb in a SS.  The suite was one that had a larger angled balcony. I think it was 6132 or 34. I hope you have better deck furniture than we did if you opt for a SS

We just had the normal straight and thin balcony on Millennium and the table was a fraction of the size of the one in your photo...

We were onboard right after the Revolution, so it is possible they did something about the tiny table ...

• Like 1

I've just checked one of the more recent review videos...

Looks like they have switched the tables around on at least some of the balconies...

This one was outside on our balcony...

Screenshot2023-06-17at15-35-34SkySuiteFullWalkthroughTourReview4KCelebrityMillennium2021.png.106ef98d2dd6d145ea8634e54b4e1cff.png

This one was inside next to the couch...

Screenshot2023-06-17at15-36-31SkySuiteFullWalkthroughTourReview4KCelebrityMillennium2021.png.22a3198d330dae4da89526f7231939a2.png

Large enough for glasses and something to share, not big enough to set up for two to eat from normally.

Also when positioned inside the cabin you have only one chair of appropriate height to make use of it...

7 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

I've just checked one of the more recent review videos...

Looks like they have switched the tables around on at least some of the balconies...

This one was outside on our balcony...

Screenshot2023-06-17at15-35-34SkySuiteFullWalkthroughTourReview4KCelebrityMillennium2021.png.106ef98d2dd6d145ea8634e54b4e1cff.png

This one was inside next to the couch...

Screenshot2023-06-17at15-36-31SkySuiteFullWalkthroughTourReview4KCelebrityMillennium2021.png.22a3198d330dae4da89526f7231939a2.png

Large enough for glasses and something to share, not big enough to set up for two to eat from normally.

Also when positioned inside the cabin you have only one chair of appropriate height to make use of it...

Is either table big enough for a room service tray?  There are small seats inside.  At least according to pictures I’ve seen.

10 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Is either table big enough for a room service tray?  There are small seats inside.  At least according to pictures I’ve seen.

Someone already posted a review of this exact issue.  The table is not very big, they used the little stools at the end of the bed for additional space.  

16 minutes ago, zitsky said:

In our opinion, no, we vetoed in-room dining after seeing the tables.

One person could eat at the larger white table, the other could use the desk, although it is not very deep, but not easy to eat together...

It didn't spoil our cruise, we don't tend to eat in the suite much if at all, but if we were people that liked to do that frequently I would say it would be uncomfortable at best...

Edited by Mark_T
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

In our opinion, no, we vetoed in-room dining after seeing the tables.

One person could eat at the larger white table, the other could use the desk, although it is not very deep, but not easy to eat together...

It didn't spoil our cruise, we don't tend to eat in the suite much if at all, but if we were people that liked to do that frequently I would say it would be uncomfortable at best...

The Beyond Sky Suite cabin table was good.  Big enough to hold the tray.  We put our plates on our laps.

3 hours ago, micruiser2002 said:

Someone already posted a review of this exact issue.  The table is not very big, they used the little stools at the end of the bed for additional space.  

Do you recall where this was posted?  I’m looking but getting too many unhelpful results.

15 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

@zitsky Here is the storage for sky suites…

One side of the closet has for hanging clothes, that is double width. The other side, pictured below has three shelves and two drawers. 

IMG_0041.thumb.jpeg.716340ea50575df08501d4f425e84697.jpeg

IMG_0037.thumb.jpeg.724b8e3167711b5887e13482bab9bf6a.jpeg

adjacent to the desk is a low shelf with to cabinets underneath 

IMG_0040.jpeg.25b254906ab12ed4d7a34c1ae9cdc75e.jpeg

underneath the tv is a low shelf with three cabinets, one is where the mini-fridge is located, the other two have a single shelf each.

IMG_0038.thumb.jpeg.7f434cb9791a88611b81590c4bdbb408.jpeg

in the bathroom on the back wall there is an alcove as others have mentioned. 

IMG_0039.thumb.jpeg.f518f1f890ce79098d0972bef8379459.jpeg

As others have stated, there is room under the bed for suitcases. 

About the walls being magnetic. 

if you look at the photo showing the desk you will see a shadow box on the wall.  That is the only thing that is magnetic other than the ceiling.    You can see part of the do not disturb sign in it.  That is because the door on the inside isn’t magnetic.   They needed a place to put that sign.  If those are the photos for the Millennium then the cabin is the same  as on the Summit after the refurb.

Happy cruising  🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

30 minutes ago, miched said:

About the walls being magnetic. 

if you look at the photo showing the desk you will see a shadow box on the wall.  That is the only thing that is magnetic other than the ceiling.    You can see part of the do not disturb sign in it.  That is because the door on the inside isn’t magnetic.   They needed a place to put that sign.  If those are the photos for the Millennium then the cabin is the same  as on the Summit after the refurb.

Happy cruising  🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

If you look at the first page a poster said they were on Millie in April and used magnets on the wall across from the couch.

3 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Thanks.  Now I remember!  That would work for us as we tend to put the plate in our lap which would let us use the benches to hold the tray.

7 hours ago, zitsky said:

What cruise are you looking at?  Is the $5000 for 2 passengers, how many nights?

17 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

What cruise are you looking at?  Is the $5000 for 2 passengers, how many nights?

It’s a 12 night holiday cruise.  Prices are for two passengers.  I know prices go up and down but I’d like to hear if you have done something similar.  Aqua is about $8700.  Both include more OBC than I’m used to getting.

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

It’s a 12 night holiday cruise.  Prices are for two passengers.  I know prices go up and down but I’d like to hear if you have done something similar.  Aqua is about $8700.  Both include more OBC than I’m used to getting.

You also need to consider the SS gives an additional $400 obc per room, you get premium drinks not classic and more Captains club points per night.  Also for 12 nights that might not be too bad.  We are doing Japan this October in the SS on Millie and can't wait.  Another nice option on Millie is you can order in the Luminae from both their menu and the main dining menu.  I have heard they will also consider allowing orders from Blu.  

13 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

You also need to consider the SS gives an additional $400 obc per room, you get premium drinks not classic and more Captains club points per night.  Also for 12 nights that might not be too bad.  We are doing Japan this October in the SS on Millie and can't wait.  Another nice option on Millie is you can order in the Luminae from both their menu and the main dining menu.  I have heard they will also consider allowing orders from Blu.  

We’re actually offered $1800 OBC for the Sky Suite and $800 OBC for Aqua.  Now of course that could change at any time.