Carnival Testing New MDR Menu on Dream

StephPS79

Thank goodness.  Nothing could be worse than the dining room food I just had on my recent B2B on the Celebration.

Now… let’s talk about the return of the 3-man service team.

• Like 2

Can't wait to see the new menus.  Really glad to hear that bitter n blanc will still be there.  I'm excited to see some changes, even though I've already chosen all of my specialty dining nights based on the old MDR menus lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sunshower9 said:

Can't wait to see the new menus.  Really glad to hear that bitter n blanc will still be there.  I'm excited to see some changes, even though I've already chosen all of my specialty dining nights based on the old MDR menus lol. 

Lol!  My husband and I just did this at dinner tonight.

6 hours ago, Bandman said:

Thank goodness.  Nothing could be worse than the dining room food I just had on my recent B2B on the Celebration.

Now… let’s talk about the return of the 3-man service team.

Agree with recent Celebration MDR food.  It was really bad. Worst of any cruise we’ve ever been on. 

• Like 1

Aloha.  We have been blessed to travel the world on various lines and ships.  Sad to say Carnival in our opinion has had the most undesirable food.  So much so my wife refuses to sail with them. I have thus taken to sail with my brother in law who I love dearly on Carnival. We have a good time and I can deal with the food. I cannot understand why it has been a persistent problem wince the 1990s. Just my opinion and hope the future is tastier lol!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, geovet said:

Thanks for sharing.  The changes sound good, but as always, the devil is in the details.  We'll see if it's good enough to tempt me back in the MDR.

P.S.  I'm joining @firefly333 on the Dream in January.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jsglow said:

I see the 'food is inedible' crowd has shown up. 🙄

Yep. For the first time in 22 cruises with Carnival, some of the food in the main dining room on Celebration 5/28 and 6/4 was indeed inedible. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jsglow said:

I see the 'food is inedible' crowd has shown up. 🙄

Aloha. I would not say inedible just not as good as other cruise lines. It is consistently below par in comparison. That said, I would have no objections to sailing with them again and hopefully on the new ships as have sailed on quite a few of the  others.

Love the idea of a main course dinner salad.  Of course, the chocolate melting cake will always be a mainstay, but I hope they keep the chocolate panna cotta - it's also a fav.  Did I see Cornish game hens on the menu above?  (Yummers!)  We love eating in the MDR and rarely have complaints about the food, but we are looking forward to experiencing (and enjoying) the new/updated menu on the Dream in September.  

Happy cruising everyone!

• Like 1