When do we get notified of flight details?

GCS15/15

Hi,

Relative newbie and going on first Celebrity cruise in 17 days!

We've booked flights from the UK to Rome for the cruise and whenever I look up the details to see what I have to do about check in etc, the page is all greyed out. The flight are apparently with Easyjet.

Anyone have an issue with this before?  When should we receive the flight details / information about check in etc?

Feeling they are leaving it a bit late for my liking...

3 hours ago, GCS15/15 said:

Feeling they are leaving it a bit late 

When was this booked?

Is there a record locator anywhere to be found?  If so, call EasyJet (or check their web site) with that and ask.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GCS15/15 said:

Hi,

We've booked flights from the UK to Rome for the cruise and whenever I look up the details to see what I have to do about check in etc, the page is all greyed out. The flight are apparently with Easyjet.

Anyone have an issue with this before?  When should we receive the flight details / information about check in etc?

Maybe it's a UK thing but as stated by 1Virgo above I picked my flights and had all of the information immediately.  We flew Delta in the US to AMS in Comfort Plus so not sure if that had anything to do with it.  I would be nervous if I didn't have that info. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GCS15/15 said:

Hi,

Did you book your flights with Celebrity Air?

Are  you asking about check in for your flights or the cruise?

Like other’s have said, perhaps it is something unique to a UK flight booking?

If not, you can call CA and have them send you your flight information details. 

• Like 1

Hi
First off it's not a unique UK thing, at 17 days out and having paid the final balance you should have the flight info now.
If you booked directly with Celebrity in the UK and not a travel agent you should have received at least two emails containing a final invoice and your Guest Ticket booklet with printable luggage tags etc.  Whilst the flight information should be in both documents, sometimes it isn't. If the Guest Ticket document does not have it it should be in the final invoice you recieved . Look for the flight locator ref and go to the airlines own website with it.
If neither of these documents have the flight info you'll need to contact Celebrity, preferably the agent you booked with. If they didn't give you their direct contact details (email or tel No) they are on the UK Celebrity web site.

Edited by JBare
spelling
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, GCS15/15 said:

Hi,

Hi, see post #6, meant to quote you so you get notified.

• Like 1

Thanks all for the advice.  I called Celebrity and apparently it's all to do with the fact that they create a group booking for the flight and only release the final details to those travelling 10 days before the flight once all the names have been given to the carrier (Easyjet in this case).

Fingers crossed!

• 4 months later...
On 6/20/2023 at 10:54 AM, GCS15/15 said:

Thanks all for the advice.  I called Celebrity and apparently it's all to do with the fact that they create a group booking for the flight and only release the final details to those travelling 10 days before the flight once all the names have been given to the carrier (Easyjet in this case).

Fingers crossed!

Can I ask you two things please? Firstly, did you get your details 10 days prior to the flight as I have no information either regarding our EasyJet flights? We are not cruising newbies (see my signature), but I always book my own flights and have only used X this time as it was a great offer. Secondly, was your luggage included in your initial costings? X have assured our TA that we all have 1x23kg included in the flight deal price, but I personally have my doubts. Wondered what your experience was? TIA.

1 hour ago, villauk said:

Can I ask you two things please? Firstly, did you get your details 10 days prior to the flight as I have no information either regarding our EasyJet flights? We are not cruising newbies (see my signature), but I always book my own flights and have only used X this time as it was a great offer. Secondly, was your luggage included in your initial costings? X have assured our TA that we all have 1x23kg included in the flight deal price, but I personally have my doubts. Wondered what your experience was? TIA.

In the end it all worked fine - we got the details through around a week before we were due to leave and it did include the hold luggage (I was a bit concerned as the details seemed to be missing around this). At the airport was a guy with a celebrity sign checking people off and letting people know where to go. 
I’d do it again this way - as you say, the offer was too good to miss!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GCS15/15 said:

In the end it all worked fine - we got the details through around a week before we were due to leave and it did include the hold luggage (I was a bit concerned as the details seemed to be missing around this). At the airport was a guy with a celebrity sign checking people off and letting people know where to go. 
I’d do it again this way - as you say, the offer was too good to miss!

Thanks for replying and reassuring me 👍.

• 2 months later...

I was glad to see this topic, as I've also booked through Celebrity, and was a bit panicked when I didn't get any details of the flight, but was charged for it. I do now see the information on my reservation on the website. So I'm assuming that the flight info will be with my cruise documents. I'm not cruising until April, so can't print those yet. So many details. First time cruiser, so everything is new to me!!!

I would also suggest that you checked the status of your flights from time to time.

A recent experience with United and Flight by Celebrity...surprised me.

My outbound flight from Montreal to Sydney, initially involved a 3 hours lay over in Newark and another two hours lay over in San Francisco.

However, United cancelled our flight from Newark to San Francisco and rebooked us on a different flight, with only a 40 minutes lay over in Newark, in the heart of our Canadian winter. In my opinion, this was clearly insufficient and a recipe either for us or our luggage to miss the connecting flight.

To be noted, neither United nor Flights by Celebrity notified us of the change. I only noticed the difference upon receiving a copy of our bill from my TA after final payment.

Upon noticing the issue, I am glad to say that both Flights by Celebrity and United worked to find us a better solution. And they did! We were re-booked on a flight with only one 2 hours lay over in LA. Thank you to both companies! 

But, what would have happened, had I not noticed the change? 

Computer systems are wonderful, aren't they?  I always book with flights be Celebrity.  When I book the flights I always get a confirmation, though it is never clear if baggage is included, they could improve that.  I also get multiple notifications of changes, the last one to say our flight home was landing 2 minutes later than scheduled when we booked.

• Thanks 1