Repriced

6 hours ago, Jacob0525 said:

My cruise on the Serenade of the Seas lowered right at final payment. I have a balance of -$89.00 now. Does that go back on my credit card or used for onboard credit? Thanks in advance. 

Call your travel agent and see if they can get the lower price for you. Once you've paid the final amount it will be too late to get any price changes. 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 1:58 PM, Jacob0525 said:

My cruise on the Serenade of the Seas lowered right at final payment. I have a balance of -$89.00 now. Does that go back on my credit card or used for onboard credit? Thanks in advance. 

I don't know why, minus, but you should get a CC credit.

On 6/19/2023 at 1:58 PM, Jacob0525 said:

You need to check on board to see if it is refundable or nonrefundable OBC.  You can use it for gratuities and/or purchases on board.  It it is refundable and you've already prepaid your gratuities, it will be refunded to your credit card.  

20 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I had a negative balance just before sailing

Sure, but other than you I don’t recall a single report of that being from lowered port taxes. And pretty sure no one inside final payment. 

20 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

was not RCI though

Other than when folks go off on tangents (it was far from obvious you were), info from other cruise lines is not very useful for folks asking/talking about RCI and this section of CC.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Other than when folks go off on tangents (it was far from obvious you were), info from other cruise lines is not very useful for folks asking/talking about RCI and this section of CC.

Says one of the most person who the most comments and arguments on cc.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 2:12 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

I know what I am talking about

was not RCI though

How is that going to help the OP? Just because one cruise line does it, doesn’t mean ROYAL will do it. Also, since it was another cruise line that did it, that info would have been important so we know it has nothing to do with Royal.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

How is that going to help the OP? Just because one cruise line does it, doesn’t mean ROYAL will do it. Also, since it was another cruise line that did it, that info would have been important so we know it has nothing to do with Royal.

And maybe it was RCI as I am

trying anything to stops the comments from a know it all poster.

my reply to OP is it can be for port taxes.

Buh bye now ya all

On 6/23/2023 at 7:15 PM, Biker19 said:

Usually there's no price adjustment when port fees change.

We just got off Freedom last Monday and we each had $2.18 credited back to our onboard account due to port fees.  First time I have seen that in a really long time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, karena1 said:

We just got off Freedom last Monday and we each had $2.18 credited back to our onboard account due to port fees.  First time I have seen that in a really long time.

That seems to be very situation and maybe ship specific but not unusual. 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 2:12 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

I know what I am talking about

was not RCI though

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Buh bye now ya all

You said in your post above that it wasn’t RC and now you say maybe it was. Are you not sure? Know it all’s give us info which is useful. If their wrong someone will correct them. No problem.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Buh bye now ya all

Thing is he actually does know what he's talking about. You're just saying stuff because of some personal issue.

Simple fact is the likelihood of an $89 credit being for port fees is extremely small. They generally don't credit port fee changes BEFORE a cruise (nor do they charge you if they go up after you book), and $89 would also be a very significant amount of port fees.

• Like 1