NCL AIR

brer111

18 hours ago, LDL1220 said:

I just spoke to an NCL rep and he told me that most of the time they will put you on a red eye arriving to Rome in the am. Has that been your experience? 

I leave New York JFK at 8:30 PM and arrive Rome at 3PM the next day.  That's certainly not in the AM.  I don't really mind because I wasn't looking forward to needing to cool my heels waiting several hours for our hotel room to become available.  

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

I leave New York JFK at 8:30 PM and arrive Rome at 3PM the next day.  That's certainly not in the AM.  I don't really mind because I wasn't looking forward to needing to cool my heels waiting several hours for our hotel room to become available.  

That's unfortunate to hear for me but I guess it is what it is 

13 minutes ago, LDL1220 said:

That's unfortunate to hear for me but I guess it is what it is 

Don't despair...if you are fortunate to be booked on a direct nonstop from one of the U.S. east coast cities to Rome, you will arrive in the morning, as those nonstop flights are red eyes and flight time is 8-9 hours to Rome. If you have to connect through a European city before arriving in Rome, then you will likely arrive in the afternoon.

I understand the frustration not being able to plan your transfer yet. The hotel concierge can be helpful with that.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, brer111 said:

Update on my return flight - you can't have a layover more than 5 hours so my return changed. We now fly Rome to Atlanta and Atlanta to Phoenix

I've seen this maximum layover of five hour thing bandied about a few times the last couple of days. It's not true. NCL strives to "minimize layovers that exceed five hours..." It is still possible to receive a layover of more than five hours though. Here is a snippet from their website:

image.png.c2b3cf0c40a1ca78a2d29783acdf29d4.png

Source: https://www.ncl.com/air-service-standards

Personally, if NCL provides me with a layover in an European city, I'm hoping the layover will be ten hours or more, so I can explore the city a wee bit. I know that's not what everyone wants, but that's what I'd prefer. :) 

• Like 2

We got our flights to Lisbon with the 2 day deviation and our total flight time will be 8-9 hours with a almost 3 hour layover in Toronto, arriving in Lisbon about 9:30 am. They also sent what the flights would have been arriving on the day of the cruise and the deviation is much better. The non-deviation flights would have had 2 stops first in Chicago then Toronto; which with the added time it takes to go in the opposite direction of our final destination would have been nerve racking to say the least. Coming home we leave Miami later than I would like (no deviation) but we may do a day pass at one of the resorts to bide our time. 

• Like 1

Aug 2-14
2 day deviation

DELTA DFW-JFK 12-4

ITA JFK-FCO 9pm-noon

AA FCO-DFW 2pm-6 pm (11 hrs)—paid for bulkhead

We each checked a bag each way

Everything went off w/o a hitch,

Edited by KKB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I've seen this maximum layover of five hour thing bandied about a few times the last couple of days. It's not true. NCL strives to "minimize layovers that exceed five hours..." It is still possible to receive a layover of more than five hours though. Here is a snippet from their website:

image.png.c2b3cf0c40a1ca78a2d29783acdf29d4.png

Personally, if NCL provides me with a layover in an European city, I'm hoping the layover will be ten hours or more, so I can explore the city a wee bit. I know that's not what everyone wants, but that's what I'd prefer. 🙂

what happened is the airline changed our flight from flying Atlanta to Phoenix at 11pm arrive Phoenix midnight to Atlanta next day at 810 am arriving 9:24 am - our layover would have been from 9:30 pm to next morning. That would have been almost 11 hours sitting in the airport.

12 hours ago, brer111 said:

what happened is the airline changed our flight from flying Atlanta to Phoenix at 11pm arrive Phoenix midnight to Atlanta next day at 810 am arriving 9:24 am - our layover would have been from 9:30 pm to next morning. That would have been almost 11 hours sitting in the airport.

And certainly not a pleasant experience! It is one I'm prepared for as we booked NCL Air. 

I'm glad you aren't sitting so long in Atlanta now! 

10 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

And certainly not a pleasant experience! It is one I'm prepared for as we booked NCL Air. 

I'm glad you aren't sitting so long in Atlanta now! 

Also have only one stop not two 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, HSBC said:

How many maximum deviation days allow per trip?

Thanks! 

You can do up to three but only if you let NCL book you into one of their hotels for all three nights. Otherwise, it's 2 nights for both pre and post cruise. 

Hope this helps. 

Edited by LDL1220
Added info
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LDL1220 said:

You can do up to three but only if you let NCL book you into one of their hotels for all three nights. Otherwise, it's 2 nights for both pre and post cruise. 

Hope this helps. 

Is the third night booked for early morning arrival so that there is no wait to check in after a red eye flight?

7 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Is the third night booked for early morning arrival so that there is no wait to check in after a red eye flight?

That I do not know. Do you have an assigned cruise consultant? I called mine for the answer. I have him working overtime. 😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LDL1220 said:

That I do not know. Do you have an assigned cruise consultant? I called mine for the answer. I have him working overtime. 😁

I book my own air and hotel but was curious about the third night hotel as I thought it was always maximum two nights or two day deviation. If the third night hotel is permitted because of early morning arrival, then it makes sense.

45 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I book my own air and hotel but was curious about the third night hotel as I thought it was always maximum two nights or two day deviation. If the third night hotel is permitted because of early morning arrival, then it makes sense.

I think the hotels are a little farther out than where I wanted to stay. I know my hotel will hold my luggage at least. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 11:40 AM, LDL1220 said:

I am booking through NCL Air and flying out of Charleston. So, your suggestion is to check flights on my date and see the most available? Thank you for taking the time to reply and your guidance. This will be my first international flight. 

Yes. NCL doesn't use private charter flights. So whatever is available to the public is what is available to them. Sometimes there will be flights not listed because they're sold out, but it will give you a general idea. If 90% of flights from Charleston will get you in between 7 - 9am, most car service companies will be fine with that estimate and updating it to a more exact time 30 days before your appointment date.

20 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I've heard a third night is permitted when booking the NCL hotel, however I am not sure that is accurate any longer. I did a search on the TA site and couldn't find any information on it. On NCL's site, I found the date deviation program listed under their flight booking service webpage which states two days. There is nothing about adding a hotel to receive a three day deviation. My guess is, they no longer allow three day deviations, but I could absolutely be wrong. 

image.png.72c9fe1037ce674bcd4e42ae6334dd4a.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I've heard a third night is permitted when booking the NCL hotel, however I am not sure that is accurate any longer. I did a search on the TA site and couldn't find any information on it. On NCL's site, I found the date deviation program listed under their flight booking service webpage which states two days. There is nothing about adding a hotel to receive a three day deviation. My guess is, they no longer allow three day deviations, but I could absolutely be wrong. 

image.png.72c9fe1037ce674bcd4e42ae6334dd4a.png

Hmmm, that's odd as my rep just told me you can do a three day deviation with their hotels. It seems one won't really know until they try. Thank you for the information. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LDL1220 said:

Hmmm, that's odd as my rep just told me you can do a three day deviation with their hotels. It seems one won't really know until they try. Thank you for the information. 

Agree, never hurts to ask.

This is by no means a confirmation...a poster on another social media site mentioned that a 3+ deviation is possible if booking NCL hotel. Would love to know whether you are able to pull that off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LDL1220 said:

Please do let us know if you do it and are able to book it! It's kind of one of those maybe it works/maybe it doesn't, so I'd love to hear your results.

50 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Please do let us know if you do it and are able to book it! It's kind of one of those maybe it works/maybe it doesn't, so I'd love to hear your results.

I asked about a 3 day deviation for a cruise this month that I eventually cancelled. Yes they will do a 3+ day deviation only if you use their hotel, which is priced per person. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2