Visa required for Turkey excursion?

Hi all,

I'm sailing on the Infinity in July and the itinerary calls on Kusadasi (Ephesus). I'm planning to go on an excursion (run by Celebrity) called "Destination Highlight: Best of Ephesus". Some of the stops on the tour are the Odeon, ancient Ephesus, and The Fountain of Trajan. Will I need to get a Turkish Visa before the cruise, will one be provided by Celebrity, or will I not need one at all?

Thanks everyone!

• Like 1

No visa necessary.  

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/info/do-i-need-an-e-visa-if-i-am-on-a-cruise-ship/

According to the Law on Foreigners and International Protection which entered into force on 11th April 2014, those foreigners who arrive at sea ports and intend to visit the seaport city or nearby provinces for touristic purpose are exempt from visa provided that their stay does not exceed seventy two (72) hours. However, if you arrive in/depart from our country by air for your cruise tour, you must obtain a visa.

• Like 4

On 6/23/2023 at 12:00 AM, cruiserchuck said:

No visa necessary.  

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/info/do-i-need-an-e-visa-if-i-am-on-a-cruise-ship/

According to the Law on Foreigners and International Protection which entered into force on 11th April 2014, those foreigners who arrive at sea ports and intend to visit the seaport city or nearby provinces for touristic purpose are exempt from visa provided that their stay does not exceed seventy two (72) hours. However, if you arrive in/depart from our country by air for your cruise tour, you must obtain a visa.

Last time in Turkey/Turkiye, pre-pandemic, got our visas at the Airport. Payment was an ‘entry fee’. Not sure if this has changed…

1 hour ago, Crown Vic said:

Last time in Turkey/Turkiye, pre-pandemic, got our visas at the Airport. Payment was an ‘entry fee’. Not sure if this has changed…

Visas are required if you fly in. They are not required for passengers on cruise ships calling at their ports under 72 hours. 

• Like 2