Booking speciality restaurants for upcoming Britannia Cruise

glf2710

Due to sail on Britannia 2 weeks today - the only bookable dining option is The Limelight Club.  P&O assure me that all speciality restaurants are open and operational (last year we went and all closed) - anyone know why could cannot currently book Epicurean and Sindhu online?  Anyone been on Britannia lately and are these restaurants open?

9 minutes ago, glf2710 said:

Due to sail on Britannia 2 weeks today - the only bookable dining option is The Limelight Club.  P&O assure me that all speciality restaurants are open and operational (last year we went and all closed) - anyone know why could cannot currently book Epicurean and Sindhu online?  Anyone been on Britannia lately and are these restaurants open?

We were on Britannia in April, and like yourself the only booking available was for the Limelight club so that might still be the case. We could only book Epicurean and Sindhu once we got aboard. So yes they are Open but only to book on board.

Have a great cruise

• Like 1

2 hours ago, glf2710 said:

We were on Britannia June 2-9 and had to book Epicurean and Sindhu as soon as we boarded.

On line it just said 

Enquire on board.

6 hours ago, glf2710 said:

Same for us end of May. As soon as you get on the ship there is a desk where you can book the speciality restaurants. We booked them asap as soon as we got on. We had to ask where we could book as it isn't obvious. 

We ate in all speciality restaurants other than the Limelight and all were excellent. Wish we had booked more visits to be honest. Worth every penny. Enjoy

Edited by Presto2
Spelling sounded like Allo Allo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, glf2710 said:

We are on the same cruise and have only been able to book the Limelight Club. We will have to book the rest on board. Shame really, as the early booking discount is much appreciated, plus you the get any loyalty discount deducted on top of that. By booking on board you get no early discount and your On Board Credit gets used first, so no loyalty discount either. Would have much preferred to be able to pre-book and pre-pay all speciality restaurants, leaving the OBC for our drinks bill 🤪

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

where is the best place to book speciality dining once you board. Is it at Pursers office or do they have a desk at the suites/peninsula club lunch

You can do it on the My Holiday app as soon as you board and you can log onto the ships free WiFi in Airplane mode.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, daiB said:

I am sure you can book these two restaurants on Iona as we did in March. Not sure why you cannot on Britannia.

It seems as though the current system allows pre-cruise booking for speciality restaurants on Iona and Arvia, but not on Britannia (other than Limelight Club) and presumably not on the other ships either. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

It seems as though the current system allows pre-cruise booking for speciality restaurants on Iona and Arvia, but not on Britannia (other than Limelight Club) and presumably not on the other ships either. 

It is frustrating @Selbourne.

We couldn't book any speciality restaurants except Limelight online on Azura, Britannia,Iona or Ventura (7 P&O cruises)since cruising restarted for us in August 2021 but others have reported being able to book online for Ventura,Arvia and Iona.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is frustrating @Selbourne.

We couldn't book any speciality restaurants except Limelight online on Azura, Britannia,Iona or Ventura (7 P&O cruises)since cruising restarted for us in August 2021 but others have reported being able to book online for Ventura,Arvia and Iona.

I’ve just double checked my Cruise Personaliser for our forthcoming cruises.

As mentioned, on Britannia we can only pre book the Limelight Club.

On Iona, it looks as though we will be able to pre book Epicurean, Sindhu, Olive Grove and The Beach House, as well as the Limelight Club.

On Ventura, it now looks as though we might be able to pre book Epicurean, Sindhu and the Beach House!

I am basing the above on those that say ‘Coming Soon’ (which seems to refer to those where bookings open 14 days before the cruise), rather than those showing as ‘please enquire on board’ (which clearly can’t be pre booked). 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Plugtheleak said:

As a matter of interest who is appearing in the Limelight club on your cruise?

We are on Iona next week and have La Roux struggling to convince the wife and her mother it will worth seeing.

Ray Quinn and Joel Harper Jackson. The cruise before ours is Kevin Simm. All singers. I am hoping that La Roux will be on Iona when we are on her in August. Apparently it’s a good act and our daughters would enjoy it (as we might also - a change from the usual talent show failures 😂). 

• Thanks 1