WHO IS SAILNG ON ONE OR MORE OF THE 2023/2024 CRYSTAL VOYAGES

Keith1010

We join Serenity on 12 Aug in Lisbon, to Southampton. Last minute booking. Looking forward to experiencing new Crystal after big issue with old Crystal refunds during Covid. However a fairly straightforward low risk trip travelling from UK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, USC Adventurer said:

Keith,

it would be nice to see which cruises you are booked?  why don't you let us know?

I thought if I said we are on x cruise people might stay away and that wouldn't be good for the bookings.  😀

In all seriousness, it won't be long before I'll begin to share some information.  We just added another cruise since I started the thread so we have five sailings encompassing eight voyages across both vessels.

I do see that I am not the only one who hasn't shared what they have booked.  😀

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is so refreshing to see so many Cruise Critic members who are booked on cruises for the 2023 and 2024 inaugural season.  

I know as each ship gets back to sea and more people sail a lot of the threads will be focused on actual sailings as well as experiences after people return home and answers to questions that people have going forward some of which we don't know yet.

Keith

So far,::  B2B in August 24  Vancouver-Alaska- Los Angeles

Holiday and New years B2B, Miami to Mami then  somehow home to LA  LOL ( I don't like to fly if I don't have to ,so I am looking to trains, (which I actually  really enjoy!)

Other   cruises include a cruise to Japan on another line, and

LA to Santiago, via Antarctica, (also via another cruise line ,then somehow home again! LOL One flight is better than 2 for me these days

Edited by wearesiamese
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, wearesiamese said:

Holiday and New years B2B, Miami to Mami then  somehow home to LA  LOL ( I don't like to fly if I don't have to ,so I am looking to trains, (which I actually  really enjoy!)

LA to Santiago, via Antarctica, (also via another cruise line ,then somehow home again! LOL One flight is better than 2 for me these days

I was trying to picture a train over the ocean!

Actually, I think Roy has made good use of some Cunard sailings to avoid flying, in the past.

Having your flight at the end of the cruise seems like a much better plan than the other way around.

We took the train once to Vancouver, but only from Seattle!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, wearesiamese said:

LAX To Buenos Aires, I meant to say

6 minutes ago, May B said:

I was trying to picture a train over the ocean!

Actually, I think Roy has made good use of some Cunard sailings to avoid flying, in the past.

Having your flight at the end of the cruise seems like a much better plan than the other way around.

We took the train once to Vancouver, but only from Seattle!

Edited by wearesiamese
deleted
  • Like 1

On the roundtrip Miami for Christmas/New year, December 23rd on the Serenity. Also on the Abu Dhabi to Mumbai holiday cruise 2024 on the symphony, can’t wait for the 2025 itineraries to be rolled out !

Edited by j_anandu
Spelling correction
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, j_anandu said:

Nice….. flying LAX to Buenos Aires in November via another line also. Antarctica bound, wonder if it’s the same line. Can’t wait

I'm trying Princess  cruises for the first time, in December, and it leaves out of my home port(YAY) just not sure if i am going tp keep the Antarctica segment ,the whole 34 days, or Just to Santiago or Buenos Aires, like 18 days

• Like 1

As I've mentioned we are booked on several of the 2023 and 2024 voyages and with our last booking on both Serenity and Symphony  

Our first two are the Serenity are the July 31 Serenity Marseille to Lisbon cruise and the Lisbon to Southampton Cruises. I look forward to sailing with several of you on these and others cruises which have been mentioned on this thread.

Happy Cruising.

I am thrilled to see so many booked on one of the cruises and hope others will post either that they are booked on one of these or if the would like which ones.

Keith

3 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

As I've mentioned we are booked on several of the 2023 and 2024 voyages and with our last booking on both Serenity and Symphony  

Our first two are the Serenity are the July 31 Serenity Marseille to Lisbon cruise and the Lisbon to Southampton Cruises. I look forward to sailing with several of you on these and others cruises which have been mentioned on this thread.

Happy Cruising.

I am thrilled to see so many booked on one of the cruises and hope others will post either that they are booked on one of these or if the would like which ones.

Keith

congratulations with the article !

I simply cannot do   the Med in summer due to health issues - and unfortunately Bordeaux can be an "oven "  in full summer  + 35 ° C 

If you are searching for special wines L'Intendant  is very special the higher you go on the stairs the more expensive are the wines ... 

and a typical French resto is Les Noailles 😁

14 minutes ago, vistaman said:

congratulations with the article !

I simply cannot do   the Med in summer due to health issues - and unfortunately Bordeaux can be an "oven "  in full summer  + 35 ° C 

If you are searching for special wines L'Intendant  is very special the higher you go on the stairs the more expensive are the wines ... 

and a typical French resto is Les Noailles 😁

Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments and also for the recommendation about L'Intendant.

You are right.   We prefer the April/May and September/October time frame for the Med.  Only time we sailed it in the Summer was July  the very first time because I was working full-time back then and children in school.It was hot and humid. 

We made an exception because of the restart of new Crystal.  I do well in the heat but Anne Marie does not so we will be very careful.  The second cruise will bring some ports where temperature should be more moderate and since we are early risers we'll try to get out early in ports where heat is high similar to what we do at home.

Cheers,

Keith 

OK, here I go.

I am booked on the MIA/Puerto Caldera Dec 2 Panama Canal cruise, and return Puerto Caldera/MIA on the return sailing Dec. 13.

This itinerary perfectly fits time wise, before I go on another line's world cruise that starts in Jan. BUT, the biggest bonus to me, is that this itinerary counts as 2 separate cruises. This means that I can use 2 of my 5 exceptional incentives in 2023. Whooopie.

And then figure out how to use the remaining 3. 

If all goes well this will be my 2nd time on "Crystal". The first time was a fiasco caused by the bad taste left by "that bankruptcy". But, I am willing to try again. Why not. If I am on a cruise, I am happy. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Funatabi said:

. BUT, the biggest bonus to me, is that this itinerary counts as 2 separate cruises. This means that I can use 2 of my 5 exceptional incentives in 2023...

I thought B2B counted as 1 cruise for Special Initiative purposes.

On 7/4/2023 at 3:04 PM, wearesiamese said:

I'm trying Princess  cruises for the first time, in December, and it leaves out of my home port(YAY) just not sure if i am going tp keep the Antarctica segment ,the whole 34 days, or Just to Santiago or Buenos Aires, like 18 days

since it will be my first time trying PC, I decided that it is better to go w the shorter itinerary and try  to get to Antarctica some other time .Therefore I am now going from my home port to Santiago and then? Would love to see the Chilean fjords, Puerto Montt etc

Edited by wearesiamese