Select v Saver

LW71

On 6/27/2023 at 5:24 AM, Harryjacobs said:

Just done a deck 8 balcony trip and actually the room wasnt as bad as you think, I actually enjoyed it wouldnt mind having it again.

The rooms look quite nice. If folk want to look through my balcony doors as they wander past.......beware.🤣

Edited by zap99

12 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I stubbed my toe on that pesky coffee table on Iona, but don't keep going on about it.🤣🤣

We will try not to mention your toe as I can tell it was a distressing time for you.

That's unless you stub it on the Azura , then you can tell us all about it on this Azura thread🤣🤣

9 minutes ago, kalos said:

We will try not to mention your toe as I can tell it was a distressing time for you.

That's unless you stub it on the Azura , then you can tell us all about it on this Azura thread🤣🤣

I don't talk about other lines on a P&O thread though. That's Fred drift.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Windsurfboy said:

One thing to think about now is you pay for saver in advance. If you book say 12 months before payment due, you can now earn 5% on your money . So that's equivalent to a select fare being 5% cheaper .

I've never had to pay for saver in advance (though it's usually called early saver) is this a new thing ?   For me if it's £600 per cabin cheaper I'd be going saver fare and chancing my arm with the cabin,  I already got onboard credit because of my shareholding & that £600 saving would more than cover my drinks spend for the trip.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Francisdrake said:

I've never had to pay for saver in advance (though it's usually called early saver) is this a new thing ?   For me if it's £600 per cabin cheaper I'd be going saver fare and chancing my arm with the cabin,  I already got onboard credit because of my shareholding & that £600 saving would more than cover my drinks spend for the trip.

The confusion is between Early Saver and Saver.  As you say you take early saver you just pay a deposit and then the normal cancellation terms are in place. The Saver is what was a late saver, ie offered much closer to sailing.  This is 100% payment at booking and also 100% cancellation charge. 

23 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

The confusion is between Early Saver and Saver.  As you say you take early saver you just pay a deposit and then the normal cancellation terms are in place. The Saver is what was a late saver, ie offered much closer to sailing.  This is 100% payment at booking and also 100% cancellation charge. 

If it's only offered close to sailing chances are any Select fare would be due in full as well then as it's a late booking ? 

1 hour ago, Francisdrake said:

If it's only offered close to sailing chances are any Select fare would be due in full as well then as it's a late booking ? 

From P&O website explaining different saver fares.  Yes, they normally change from Early Saver to Saver around final payment date for a cruise.

Saver

Saver is a last chance for deal-seekers to get a last-minute holiday with P&O Cruises

• Only available on selected cruises, at selected times

• Only available on selected cabin grades (we’ll assign your cabin number, which once allocated cannot be changed)

• Dining allocated upon boarding

• Full balance to be paid at the time of booking

• 100% cancellation fee if cancelled at any time before sail date

Early Saver

Early Saver offers a great price but without the benefits of Select Price.

• Available on selected grades of cabin (we'll assign your cabin number)

• Possible upgrades (where and if available, after non-Saver bookings)

• Flexibility required for your desired dining style, dining time and table size in the main restaurant

Thank you megabear, I think most comments have been select vs early saver.

Perhaps  p&O nomenclature needs sorting out . Better if the had select , saver and late saver. Would be a better reflection of what they mean.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Thank you megabear, I think most comments have been select vs early saver.

Perhaps  p&O nomenclature needs sorting out . Better if the had select , saver and late saver. Would be a better reflection of what they mean.

If just on final payment date it could be an early late saver. Last minute could be last minute late saver, or late, late saver. Just a thought.🤔

• Haha 2

Thanks for all the responses.  Comments re dining seem to refer to Arvia.  We are also looking at Britannia - would it be an issue getting a table for 2 on this if we chose the early saver option? Thanks

14 hours ago, LW71 said:

Thanks for all the responses.  Comments re dining seem to refer to Arvia.  We are also looking at Britannia - would it be an issue getting a table for 2 on this if we chose the early saver option? Thanks

Not impossible but less likely. With more newer cruisers unsure of what to expect, the demand for tables for 2 is increasing. 

The tables for 2 are a bit pointless really and you are often just a few inches away from the next table, so feel a bit obliged to at least be polite. 

Embrace it if you have to, most of your fellow passengers will be lovely people and great company. 

Andy 

I don't know if fellow travellers next to us follow our leave or if it's general etiquette, but when we have had a table for two  very close to another we  have a chat between courses, but  not while either table is actually eating.  That has worked very well.

• Like 2