Embarkation day lunch on Equinox

love to cruz

On our Alaskan Millennium cruise last week, we were in Concierge class. No embarkation lunch. Instead it was moved to one of the other days. We did not partake since we were busy. Not sure if this is fleetwide, maybe due to later departing from Alaskan ports.

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

That is correct. Blue is never open for lunch and there is no special arrangement for Aqua class passengers to have lunch on embarkation day

Ok, hopefully the sushi bar is open.  I was aware that Blu does not open for lunch.  Spa Cafe would have been fine.  I don't do buffet.

On 6/27/2023 at 2:13 PM, caviargal said:

Ok, hopefully the sushi bar is open.  I was aware that Blu does not open for lunch.  Spa Cafe would have been fine.  I don't do buffet.

Spa Cafe is a mini buffet.  It is also self-serve

On 6/30/2023 at 12:11 PM, LMHSRN said:

Spa Cafe is a mini buffet.  It is also self-serve

I am familiar with it and know it is self serve.  It is much smaller and has healthier options and far fewer people.  The big buffet is not my cup of tea.  We will head to the sushi bar.

• 3 months later...

Is it very likely that Sushi on 5 will be open on embarkation day lunch?  I'm used to booking a specialty lunch on embarkation on our Royal sailings to avoid the buffet madhouse that day.

I'm good with Sushi on 5 if that is open.  No reservation required for lunch that day right? and we can order ala carte?  (we sailed Equinox back in 2017 and I do seem to remember eating sushi for lunch on embarkation day, ala carte)

Thanks in advance.