iSkate 2.0

We're going on Symphony of the Seas this Sunday and the iSkate 2.0 as the only ice show. There is no advance reservation for the iSkate show before embarkation and the App said 'reservations not required'. We can only make it to one of the 2 showings during the cruise. Is there a way for us to book the show before hand (we are only Platinum and not suite/concierge level customers)? 

That show is not part of the reservation system, not sure why.   It is a shorter show and super energetic.  Go about 30 minutes prior to show time and you should have no problem getting a seat.   I am surprised the regular ice show is not offered.   If you see it is offered, PLEASE try to catch it.  It is amazing. 

Have a great cruise.

M

I know RCCL website's Symphony entertainment listing shows a generic sounding 'Ice show' but I really don't see it offered on the App. Is that actually a regular show then? 

I see other nebulous billings for Symphony like 'AquaTheater Shows', 'Aqua Nation' and 'Original Productions' online but nothing offered on 7 day our cruise. We only have Flight, Hair Spray, 1977, HiRO and iSkate 2.0.

I think 1977 is the main ice show on Symphony. HiRO is main Aqua Show, Flight is the secondary main theater show, same cast as hairspray doing an original production. I know Harmony has a second aqua show, but I forget if Symphony does.

Edited by djvcr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, djvcr said:

I think 1977 is the main ice show on Symphony. HiRO is main Aqua Show, Flight is the secondary main theater show, same cast as hairspray doing an original production. I know Harmony has a second aqua show, but I forget if Symphony does.

They did. It was not really advertised or made available for reservations when we cruised last month. But it was a great show. It may have been called AquaNation.

1 hour ago, djvcr said:

Funny I never realized it's an ice show because it was never advertised as one. But I see the venue is the same as the iSkate 2.0... Somehow I was expecting a glitzy show ;]

14 minutes ago, Cruise Kay said:

They did. It was not really advertised or made available for reservations when we cruised last month. But it was a great show. It may have been called AquaNation.

I looked thru the Daily Planner and really don't see AquaNation. iSkate 2.0 has no reservations either but at least it shows on the App. Is there another way to find if the show is being offered on Symphony for our cruise?

25 minutes ago, ddame said:

I looked thru the Daily Planner and really don't see AquaNation. iSkate 2.0 has no reservations either but at least it shows on the App. Is there another way to find if the show is being offered on Symphony for our cruise?

Look in the app at the current sailing.

2 hours ago, Cruise Kay said:

I guess you could call? Or go to a roll call from this month and ask people who just cruised.

we were on just five weeks ago.

Thanks for letting me know! The event is actually showing on the App for our sailing. Unfortunately it is only offered in 2 showings on the last day of the cruise - almost like it didn't want passengers to see it... 

3 hours ago, dolphingirl47 said:

We got off Symphony on Sunday. Iskate 2.0 was shown twice on the last day. I went to the earlier show and there were still spare seats. I got there about 20 minutes before show time and had my pick of front row seats.

Corinna

Thanks for the heads up! Aside from HiRO, were there any other water shows like Aqua Nation on your sailing?