Celebrity Coming to CocoCay?

16 minutes ago, ink76 said:

Yes when two ships dock there for forget It waiting over thirty minutes for one of those chicken sandwiches, lines everywhere just went back to the ship for lunch

It depends on the ships. I was there 3 times between last July and October on Indy along with Freedom (full ships in July for sure, less so in October) and lines were fine (at least at the snack shack closest to the main pool).

Change one to Oasis class and it will obviously be more crowded but still don't think it would be a huge deal. I'd become concerned with 2 Oasis class ships being there or Icon,.

Also, everything could change once the adult-only beach opens as I believe it is supposed to hold 2000 or so people so that could help alleviate some crowding.

18 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Change one to Oasis class and it will obviously be more crowded but still don't think it would be a huge deal. I'd become concerned with 2 Oasis class ships being there or Icon,.

Looks like Icon will co-habitat with Mariner to start, with a random Adventure thrown in there. 

So if you're on Mariner, do they offer a ShoreEx to tour Icon? 🙂 Instead of "Resort for a Day" you could have "Icon for a Day" lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, robmtx said:

Looks like Icon will co-habitat with Mariner to start, with a random Adventure thrown in there. 

So if you're on Mariner, do they offer a ShoreEx to tour Icon? 🙂 Instead of "Resort for a Day" you could have "Icon for a Day" lol

That's brilliant. Royal can sell a limited number of Icon passes ($99? $149? $199?) to cruisers aboard other ships to use Icon's facilities which were already paid for by passengers aboard the current Icon sailing. Double dipping at its finest.

47 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just an FYI, on most days the swim up pool bar area is packed. The chances of you swimming up to the pool bar for a drink are pretty slim. It’s more like you have to squeeze by numerous guests in the pool to get close enough to the bar and then hope one of the bartenders sees you. 

Been there half a dozen times or so, usually get off early do on the island from 9 - 2 or so. Easy early, harder later. 

27 minutes ago, Rackham said:

That's brilliant. Royal can sell a limited number of Icon passes ($99? $149? $199?) to cruisers aboard other ships to use Icon's facilities which were already paid for by passengers aboard the current Icon sailing. Double dipping at its finest.

naw I Can't see that.   I also think that a lot of folks on Icon won't pay for Waterpark when Icon is a waterpark in itself.   

• Like 1

We are booked on the 3/4 Allure B2B in September, '24. Before today, it looked like Allure would be at Coco Cay by itself both days.

I have been watching the Coco Cay prices daily to see if they add in the Beach Club regular admittance. The cabanas were already outrageous so not holding out hope that the BC will be palatable, but I keep checking so am pretty familiar with what the prices on Coco Cay have been for our cruise.

I logged in today and noticed everything had jumped in price on the 3 day segment. The 4 day remained the same.. 

Wonder if Reflection being there on the same day during the 3 day segment has anything to do with today's price hikes. And later in the week, when Allure is still supposedly there by itself during the 4 day segment, the prices have not changed. Price gouge coincidence? I think not.

• 4 weeks later...

After reading the article where the Celebrity Cruises CEO made the following statements, out of curiosity I checked and found that between May and October, 2024 one of the Celebrity ships will share Coco Cay with a Royal mega ship 29 days - all Oasis class ships including Icon and Utopia.

"I already have and ask my colleague Michael [Bayley, Royal Caribbean International CEO] if I could borrow the island at certain times and he was very happy to oblige."  Hodges Bethge also confirmed that Celebrity would not be sharing the island with one of Royal's megaships, but one of the older, smaller ones, to prevent overcrowding."