Printer just broke, alternative for luggage tags?

Sigyn

10 hours ago, Nado44 said:

I came here to say exactly this.

Recently sailed from Rotterdam. European handwriting/penmanship is distinctive and easily misread. A 4 can be a 6. A 1 could be a 7. As a result, my luggage did not reach my cabin until 21:00 on embarkation day.

I will venture a guess that the staff who distribute the luggage were not educated in American schools and are more familiar with the European way of writing numbers than the American way

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cl.klink said:

I have often been able to do this at my pre-cruise hotel

- Joel

Good idea. I'll call the hotel to ask. We're staying there for three nights pre cruise. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I was able to print at my friend's house. She had a printer. For 20 years, she'd told me she didn't have a printer that worked. I casually mentioned to her husband that I needed to print something and he said, "oh, we have a printer. My wife just doesn't know how to use it." It did wireless printing from my laptop and a minute later I had my luggage tags. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sigyn said:

Update: I was able to print at my friend's house. She had a printer. For 20 years, she'd told me she didn't have a printer that worked. I casually mentioned to her husband that I needed to print something and he said, "oh, we have a printer. My wife just doesn't know how to use it." It did wireless printing from my laptop and a minute later I had my luggage tags. 🙂 

So did you say something like, "that was easy" after you finished printing?  And aren't you back from your cruise now--and if so, don't you have something more insightful to post other than how the luggage tag crisis was dealt with?  I want details.  Lol.  You didn't change your avatar picture so I take it nothing traumatic occurred.

Edited by mahdnc

12 hours ago, mahdnc said:

So did you say something like, "that was easy" after you finished printing?  And aren't you back from your cruise now--and if so, don't you have something more insightful to post other than how the luggage tag crisis was dealt with?  I want details.  Lol.  You didn't change your avatar picture so I take it nothing traumatic occurred.

I'm still jet lagged, so my brain is only able to process very simple things. 🤣

As for my friend, she has clearly convinced herself for literally 20 years that their printer (clearly, multiple printers over that time span) doesn't work, despite her husband and son telling her that it works fine, so for me to pile on to that would just make her feel bad. 

• Like 1

Being on this forum, I kind of thought everyone on the cruise (like 90%+) would have a plastic holder for the color luggage tag they printed at home.  I went to amazon to get some nice holders.   I don't have a color printer, but I do have a 4x6 photo printer.   I photoshop the tag image to print front and back side by side, print out the 4x6 on photo paper, cut in half and put inside the perfectly sized tag holder for Celebrity cruise narrow tag size.   When I pulled out the tags at the hotel to put them on our luggage, my wife was impressed with my skill.   So, when we got to the cruise terminal, I was expecting to see a sea of luggage with nice colored tag just like mine.   Instead, I see a long line of people waiting to get to a staff member who would look up their room number, write with a black marker on the tag, and stapled it to the luggage.  I went straight to the drop off and saw that 95% of the luggage there were the ones with the black marker written numbers.   I think I overachieved on the printed tags LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since I was gone for three weeks I forgot that my printer was broken until I needed to print something a few days ago. I have now ordered a new Epson printer, to be delivered on Tuesday. My old one was about six years old. Guess that's the lifespan.