Mariner of the Seas VS Adventure of the Seas

Good Morning!

I am trying to decide which cruise to go on next, there are really great deals on the Mariner of the Seas and the  Adventure of the Seas. The itineraries are almost the same, has anyone been on either or both? Any favorites?

Thanks,
Mitch

If you're only asking about the ships, I would choose Mariner and it's not even close.

This poster was also comparing itineraries, but likely some useful info for you as well...

Edited by OCSC Mike

9 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

If you're only asking about the ships, I would choose Mariner and it's not even close.

This poster was also comparing itineraries, but likely some useful info for you as well...

Thank you, I can see others have a preference for the Mariner but have not really seen a spefic example of why. Unless I missed it.

Mitch

4 minutes ago, CruiseMsclDad said:

Thank you, I can see others have a preference for the Mariner but have not really seen a spefic example of why. Unless I missed it.

Playmakers alone is enough of a reason for me. We don't do a ton of specialty dining and while bar food isn't exactly "special" we do enjoy it there. Big fan of a couple of their signature drinks as well.

Mariner has been amped so it has newer stuff like Playmakers, Bamboo Room, general improvements, etc. The only thing Adventure has over Mariner (and this is just personal preference) is the original Giovanni's, which we have always enjoyed, while Mariner has Jamie's, which holds little interest for us.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Playmakers alone is enough of a reason for me. We don't do a ton of specialty dining and while bar food isn't exactly "special" we do enjoy it there. Big fan of a couple of their signature drinks as well.

Mariner has been amped so it has newer stuff like Playmakers, Bamboo Room, general improvements, etc. The only thing Adventure has over Mariner (and this is just personal preference) is the original Giovanni's, which we have always enjoyed, while Mariner has Jamie's, which holds little interest for us.

Thanks, others have mentioned like you so far about the additional food choices. Do you know if the Mariner stil has free sauna / steam for men, I was not sure with recent upgrades if this was removed?

3 minutes ago, CruiseMsclDad said:

Thanks, others have mentioned like you so far about the additional food choices. Do you know if the Mariner stil has free sauna / steam for men, I was not sure with recent upgrades if this was removed?

Not a clue, sorry. I'm sure someone will know and chime in.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

If you are basing things just off ship, I'd pick Mariner since it has been amped. But if you don't care about restaurants or water slides, then I'd go for price/cruise length as the tiebreaker.

I thought Adventure already had water slides installed. I know they didn't get the sky pad (which has been decommissioned on Mariner). Not sure what they are going to do when they take her over to Spain for drydock in November 2024 - maybe add playmakers???

58 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I thought Adventure already had water slides installed. I know they didn't get the sky pad (which has been decommissioned on Mariner). Not sure what they are going to do when they take her over to Spain for drydock in November 2024 - maybe add playmakers???

You are correct, Adventure does have 2 water slides.

16 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

If you are going for a balcony cabin the balconies on Mariner are much better.  Adventure was built with the balcony as part of the ships hull. Mariner balconies were added to the side and have glass instead of steel walls. 

Thank you for pointing that out!   I did see that when I was comparing the 2 ships. That would add more light into the room. Now I am looking at 6 nights vs 7.

The Adventure is a 7 night

Fort Lauderdale, FL

At Sea

At Sea

St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands

Tortola, British Virgin Islands

At Sea

CocoCay, Bahamas

Fort Lauderdale, FL

The Mariner is a 6 night

Port Canaveral, FL

At Sea