Perfect Day

PSU

6 minutes ago, Happytime22 said:

We will be at Cococay on 8/13/24 at it appears we (Symphony of the Seas) will be docked along with Enchantment of the Sea...

Symphony of the Sea:       9,000 passengers, Decks: 18, Tonnage: 230,000

Enchantment of the Sea:  2,730 passengers, Decks:  11, Tonnage: 82,910

Does that make it crowded?  Does that make it smarter to go to a Beach Club to avoid crowds?

Symphony does not hold 9,000 GUESTS; that includes the crew. It's more like 6,500ish.

In any case, an Oasis class with a tiny ship like Enchantment isn't that big of a deal at all. When 2 Oasis class ships are there (or Icon and something else), then it will be different.

Also, the adult-only beach will be open long before your sailing, adding capacity to the island.

Only you can determine how much peace and quiet is worth to you (along with the lunch and pool). At current prices, I personally don't think the Beach Club is even close to worth it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Happytime22 said:

We will be at Cococay on 8/13/24 at it appears we (Symphony of the Seas) will be docked along with Enchantment of the Sea...

Symphony of the Sea:       9,000 passengers, Decks: 18, Tonnage: 230,000

Enchantment of the Sea:  2,730 passengers, Decks:  11, Tonnage: 82,910

Does that make it crowded?  Does that make it smarter to go to a Beach Club to avoid crowds?

Yes the BC would be a way to go if want to spend the money but 11,000 people in my mind is a lot of folks and one has to get you self over to the BC that where the cluster part that I didn't like but lot of people on here have no problem with the crowds.

28 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

See above. It's not 11,000.

Symphony of the Sea:       6680 paying passengers

Enchantment of the Sea:   2,284 to 2,741 paying passengers

So we are talking about 8800 to 9400.  

So again, Does that make it crowded?  Would be crowded like a beach day in NJ on Memorial Day weekend or at normal island capacity?

12 minutes ago, Happytime22 said:

So again, Does that make it crowded?  Would be crowded like a beach day in NJ on Memorial Day weekend or at normal island capacity?

That's a subjective question. I've been there with 8000ish (Indy and Freedom) 3 separate times and had no problem sitting in our favorite spot by the Oasis pool. We're not partiers and we don't swim in human soup but where we sit isn't THAT far from the DJ, we go in the pool to cool off, we go get food multiple times from both Chill Grill and the nearest Snack Shack and don't find it too crowded for us.

Not sure if you can determine if it's too crowded for your preferences unless you try it.

Hope that helps.

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

That's a subjective question. I've been there with 8000ish (Indy and Freedom) 3 separate times and had no problem sitting in our favorite spot by the Oasis pool. We're not partiers and we don't swim in human soup but where we sit isn't THAT far from the DJ, we go in the pool to cool off, we go get food multiple times from both Chill Grill and the nearest Snack Shack and don't find it too crowded for us.

Not sure if you can determine if it's too crowded for your preferences unless you try it.

Hope that helps.

That does help....thks.  As I told Biker19...Sounds like I should not simply use the fact that 2 ships are there to push me toward a 'pay-for' beach, like Beach Club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happytime22 said:

That does help....thks.  As I told Biker19...Sounds like I should not simply use the fact that 2 ships are there to push me toward a 'pay-for' beach, like Beach Club.

We were they with the OASIS OF THE SEA and the INDY around 10,000 people the day we were they like I said little bit of a cluster but you still can have fun enjoy it.

13 minutes ago, Happytime22 said:

FWIW, going forward there will be fewer and fewer days with only one ship there.

12 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

It varies by ship(s) and dates but the prices are nuts now.

We're booked to go to CocoCay 6 times this year. I was surprised to see 4 different prices for the CocoBeach Club Day Pass. The lowest sale price is $142.99, several at $160.99, $196.99 and $223.99. All more than I want to pay! We always have a Perfect Day there, even without spending a dime. 

I booked a Chill Island Cabana once for a great sale price of around $500, I believe. It was nice to have with family there, but they enjoyed exploring the Island more.

Edited by Vera/Lee
correction
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 8:05 AM, Happytime22 said:

Symphony of the Sea:       6680 paying passengers

Enchantment of the Sea:   2,284 to 2,741 paying passengers

We were there on Oasis when Freedom was there also (March 2023).  I didn't feel it was crowded but I didn't use the waterpark so don't know how that felt.  We had a Chill Island beach bed.  The walk to the food wasn't bad and we were able to easily get what we wanted without waiting in line.  We quickly found an available table.  I'd think between the two ships we were at about 9000~ people.  

My next trip to Cococay isn't for 6 more cruises on Icon, November 2024.  However, I scored a Breezy Bay beach bed for $219 the other day.  Since it is just the two of us cabanas make no sense. Beach beds are more than adequate and at that price I'm pretty happy.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1