Perfect Day

PSU

Now that Celebrity is stopping at CoCo Cay and we booked a cruise on Celebrity stopping there, I need some information. We sailed on Royal Caribbean for years until we switched to Celebrity. On RC, we were supposed to stop at CoCo Cay three times and failed to stop there because of the rough seas. That was before RC built Perfect Day.

please bring me up to speed. We will be ten people, including two teens. Everyone can do their own thing. I am interested in the Beach Club.  We have a lot of OBC. How is the Beach Club?

The grandkids would like the water park. Our children and significant others, I am not sure.

Can you give me suggestions?
Thanks so much!,

You should get a lot of responses (some directly contradicting each other).  Most will say, there is plenty to do without paying an extra dime.

As to your question about the Beach Club, we have done that once and have it again this coming October.  We really liked it, but probably wouldn't pay over $100 for it.  It is really just a little fancier (upgraded towels, green chairs instead of blue?, plenty of space, limited numbers of people, etc.) with a nice lunch included.  The infinity pool is nice if you swim and you get there early (gets a little crowded later).

There is also an additional adults only beach coming (Hideaway beach) (should open sometime this year last I saw).

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PSU said:

I am interested in the Beach Club.  We have a lot of OBC. How is the Beach Club?

Food is very good, especially the filet mignon and coconut crusted lobster sandwich (better than the plain lobster IMO). Pool is nice. Area is quiet.

That said, I wouldn't pay hardly anything for it let alone the current astronomical prices b/c I'm frugal and I love the included food on the island.

As mentioned, you'll get varying opinions of course.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RCFirstTimer said:

We really liked it, but probably wouldn't pay over $100 for it.

We would do it again at this price, but that would be our limit of where value meets wallet.

• Like 1

We enjoyed the beach club.  We went went as a family of 4 with two younger kids.  We went in winter and pool was pretty cold so couldn't really use much.  As others have mentioned they have subsequently raised the price so for our upcoming trip we are going to give included beach chairs a try.  

We're with the "don't spend anything" group.  But son and family like the water park.  Current price there is $170pp for our cruises, so not sure he will pay that again.

In any case, keep watching prices on your cruise planner for things like Beach Club and water park.  They change a lot!  And watch over holidays especially for price changes.  You can always cancel and rebook to get a better price.  If you buy with OBC the amount gets credited within a few minutes.  With a credit card you will wait a week or so for a refund on the cancelled activity.

Older granddaughter loves the jet ski excursion - she goes with her other grandmother.  

Snack shacks have great food.  And the buffets really do a good job.

Ships sometimes do miss Coco Cay, but not often.  When the waves are slamming over the pier it isn't safe to dock (or walk).

On 6/28/2023 at 4:46 PM, PSU said:

Thank you for all the advice and information 

Keep in mind you can enjoy CocoCay without spending a dime if you eat the free food, use the free loungers and use the free pool and free beaches. I’ve done it five times now and the only thing I paid for was a couple pina coladas each trip.

Come to think of it didn’t even pay for the drinks, just used my diamond vouchers.

The Oasis Lagoon pool is awesome.

• Like 1

Just now, Marie51 said:

Keep in mind you can enjoy CocoCay without spending a dime if you eat the free food, use the free loungers and use the free pool and free beaches. I’ve done it five times now and the only thing I paid for was a couple pina coladas each trip.

Come to think of it didn’t even pay for the drinks, just used my diamond vouchers.

The Oasis Lagoon pool is awesome.

That's our standard M.O. I tip for some D drinks, otherwise I don't spend a penny.

We purchased Beach Club passes for our first time on Coco Cay this past February and loved it.  I note that at the rate of ~ &170/per person, it wasn’t on my radar, but it dropped to half price during the 2022 Black Friday sale and we nabbed it for ~ $89/per person. It was sold out by the next morning.   Beach, pool, excellent lunch, and ambience were all wonderful, but I wouldn’t spend much more than we did, and I don’t think it’s especially suited for kids. 

We book regular balcony, get free D voucher drinks, and don’t do the specialty restaurants, so it was a splurge for us. 

teddie 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 3:25 PM, PSU said:

Now that Celebrity is stopping at CoCo Cay and we booked a cruise on Celebrity stopping there, I need some information. We sailed on Royal Caribbean for years until we switched to Celebrity. On RC, we were supposed to stop at CoCo Cay three times and failed to stop there because of the rough seas. That was before RC built Perfect Day.

please bring me up to speed. We will be ten people, including two teens. Everyone can do their own thing. I am interested in the Beach Club.  We have a lot of OBC. How is the Beach Club?

The grandkids would like the water park. Our children and significant others, I am not sure.

Thanks so much!,

Teens will want to go to the water park. There is plenty of free sand and loungers and umbrellas and pool and food. I would not spend money on the beach club. 

IMG_6643.jpeg

IMG_6644.jpeg

IMG_6645.jpeg

IMG_6642.jpeg

IMG_6640.jpeg

IMG_6638.jpeg

IMG_6639.jpeg

IMG_6647.jpeg

IMG_6648.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 3:25 PM, PSU said:

Thanks so much!,

If you choose to go to the club, they have loungers and umbrellas and a small pool and better food. 

IMG_6621.jpeg

IMG_6625.jpeg

IMG_6626.jpeg

IMG_6627.jpeg

IMG_6622.jpeg

IMG_6623.jpeg

IMG_6624.jpeg

IMG_6628.jpeg

IMG_6630.jpeg

IMG_6631.jpeg

IMG_6632.jpeg

IMG_6633.jpeg

IMG_6634.jpeg

IMG_6635.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm also in the "Don't spend a penny" group.  Coco Cay is -- as advertised -- a perfect beach day.  Without spending, you can get a comfortable lounge chair at your choice of beaches or the pool, you can eat a good lunch, you can nap in a hammock, and you can be as active or as lazy as you want all day.  

My thoughts on the upcharge items: 

- You say you're a group of ten?  Does it matter that you stay together?  I ask that because if you end up going with the Beach Club, you'd need to pay for everyone (quite expensive).  In contrast, if you choose one of the free beaches, you can set up a camp and everyone can come and go without cost.  You might look into one of the cabanas as a family base instead of the Beach Club ... some of them go for about $300 (plus 18%).  

- You say the kids might want tickets to the water park.  I don't think those tickets ever go under $150 these days (plus 18%), and you'd probably want an adult to go into the park with them.  Personally, I'd say NO but promise to take the kids to a local water park another day in the summer.  A day at Wet & Wild in my area is $65/day and is on sale for $40 right now ... we could have a season pass for less than a day at Coco Cay's water park.  

- If I were going to pay for an excursion, it'd probably be the jet skis.  That's something we don't have access to at home, and it's about $120/driver and $40/passenger.  Plus 18% ... but, as I said, that's something we can't easily do at home.  

- My daughter is interested in the hot air balloon, which is about $75 (plus 18%).  Again, that's something that's not easy to do at home.  

• Like 3

Let me add something else if you happen be they with let say oasis class ship it can be little bit off a cluster It not a big island so they could be as many 10,000 people on pretty small island, if they only one ship they  that would give CC a hold different feel but with that said I am still glad we went I hope you enjoy it

5 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I'm also in the "Don't spend a penny" group.  Coco Cay is -- as advertised -- a perfect beach day.  Without spending, you can get a comfortable lounge chair at your choice of beaches or the pool, you can eat a good lunch, you can nap in a hammock, and you can be as active or as lazy as you want all day.  

My thoughts on the upcharge items: 

- You say you're a group of ten?  Does it matter that you stay together?  I ask that because if you end up going with the Beach Club, you'd need to pay for everyone (quite expensive).  In contrast, if you choose one of the free beaches, you can set up a camp and everyone can come and go without cost.  You might look into one of the cabanas as a family base instead of the Beach Club ... some of them go for about $300 (plus 18%).  

- You say the kids might want tickets to the water park.  I don't think those tickets ever go under $150 these days (plus 18%), and you'd probably want an adult to go into the park with them.  Personally, I'd say NO but promise to take the kids to a local water park another day in the summer.  A day at Wet & Wild in my area is $65/day and is on sale for $40 right now ... we could have a season pass for less than a day at Coco Cay's water park.  

- If I were going to pay for an excursion, it'd probably be the jet skis.  That's something we don't have access to at home, and it's about $120/driver and $40/passenger.  Plus 18% ... but, as I said, that's something we can't easily do at home.  

- My daughter is interested in the hot air balloon, which is about $75 (plus 18%).  Again, that's something that's not easy to do at home.  

A few thoughts on your thoughts. 

The water park prices vary significantly based on the time of year, the ship(s) at Coco Cay on a specific day and obviously the current demand. I have been to the water park four times post COVID and the most I paid was $99 per person. However, in general prices have been on the higher side lately like you mentioned. 

From my experience, which is consistent with what I have heard from bartenders on the island, the hot air balloon is frequently closed due to excessive wind. I have been to the upgraded Coco Cay 27 times. I have only seen the hot air balloon operating on 2 days. 

• Like 2

On 6/28/2023 at 4:28 PM, jandj1224 said:

We enjoyed the beach club.  We went went as a family of 4 with two younger kids.  We went in winter and pool was pretty cold so couldn't really use much.  As others have mentioned they have subsequently raised the price so for our upcoming trip we are going to give included beach chairs a try.  

Isn't the beach club pool heated? That was the only reason we even considered it last February... we didn't do it, but I've read in multiple places that the pool was heated. 

The beach club is upscale waiter dining and very plush comfortable seating.  The crowd is limited making it really enjoyable.  However with ten people, perhaps you might consider an over the water cabana.  You get excellent food and service and the cabanas are very comfortable.  If you bring young kids, they might enjoy the water park-  If you do not want to pay additional, the free food all around is also very good and the beach and seating fine.  A wonderful day.  Hope the weather is great for you.

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Isn't the beach club pool heated? That was the only reason we even considered it last February... we didn't do it, but I've read in multiple places that the pool was heated. 

You are correct.  We went this last Feb and it is a heated pool, but it was also a very nice day.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

You might look into one of the cabanas as a family base instead of the Beach Club ... some of them go for about $300 (plus 18%).  

I don’t think this is a reasonable price expectation. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Orsino said:

I don’t think this is a reasonable price expectation. 

Definitely not. Perhaps the poster meant a day bed?

Edited by OCSC Mike

The add-on prices for Coco Cay have absolutely skyrocketed over the past many months. Personally, I would not pay anything extra for these add-ons based on current prices. Just not worth the money, in my opinion... But, to each their own! 🙂

Here's an example for our Icon cruise in March of 2024:

image.thumb.png.224ccea9957de44eb5ad54af88cb159b.png

Edited by mramella
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

OMG!

Fall '21 on Freedom, we paid $599 for that exact package. The overwater ones were $799. Granted, it was a sale price, but still....

Both types routinely go for $3000+ now. OTW can be over $4000. It varies by ship(s) and dates but the prices are nuts now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ink76 said:

Let me add something else if you happen be they with let say oasis class ship it can be little bit off a cluster It not a big island so they could be as many 10,000 people on pretty small island, if they only one ship they  that would give CC a hold different feel but with that said I am still glad we went I hope you enjoy it

We will be at Cococay on 8/13/24 at it appears we (Symphony of the Seas) will be docked along with Enchantment of the Sea...

Symphony of the Sea:       9,000 passengers, Decks: 18, Tonnage: 230,000

Enchantment of the Sea:  2,730 passengers, Decks:  11, Tonnage: 82,910

Does that make it crowded?  Does that make it smarter to go to a Beach Club to avoid crowds?