No Reports from the Grand Arctic Adventure?

We disembarked Navigator last Friday 6/23.  Guests embarking that day were to begin the Grand Arctic Adventure - so far, no 'live' reporting or any feedback from the first week.  Anybody out there?  

On 6/30/2023 at 3:08 PM, Kwaj girl said:

We disembarked Navigator last Friday 6/23.  Guests embarking that day were to begin the Grand Arctic Adventure - so far, no 'live' reporting or any feedback from the first week.  Anybody out there?  

I was hoping some one would respond. We am also eager to hear about the itinerary/trip.

After our month long Caribbean cruises over the Christmas Holidays, a couple of WCs and the 100 degree weather we have had for the last two weeks, we have decided hot weather cruises are no longer good for us.

Since the new 25/26 cruise catalog had a nice itinerary ‘25 Grand Arctic cruise on the Mariner out of NY which connects nicely with a TA on the Grandeur from Barcelona to Miami, we canceled our ‘25 and ‘26 WCs in favor of these two. Also it will be a nice way to celebrate our 60 anniversary! We love the Mariner and want to give the new class ships one more chance to wow us!

This years trip should be a lot smoother, more to Regents standard than last years. So anyone aboard, we would love to hear about the trip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cwn said:

This years trip should be a lot smoother, more to Regents standard than last years. So anyone aboard, we would love to hear about the trip.

Last year's Grand Arctic was FANTASTIC.  Missed a number of ports but officers, staff, crew, fellow passengers, service, and food all outstanding.  Better yet, weather was cool whilst it was 100+ at home.

We are booked again on the 2024 Grand Arctic.

Edited by mrlevin
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Last year's Grand Arctic was FANTASTIC.  Missed a number of ports but officers, staff, crew, fellow passengers, service, and food all outstanding.  Better yet, weather was cool whilst it was 100+ at home.

We are booked again on the 2024 Grand Arctic.

I will be sure to follow along in ‘24 if you post. We had already signed up for the Nov ‘24 Amazon and I couldn’t figure out a way home from Europe except flying  and we don’t do long hauls anymore. The Amazon is hot, but we have done it before and enjoyed the tours but we plan to watch the world go by from the cook of  Horizon Lounge. DH loves the river scenes. The ride home on the Grandeur in ‘25 is perfect. Love the chance to visit Europe again.

Guess you have been melting from our Texas heat also. We are just down the road. 

1 hour ago, NCCruzQueen said:

@Kwaj girl I posted on the Roll Call and @Sharle replied.  I asked her to post a LIVE thread here on the Regent board.

She did say they are in St. John's today and they have had a rainy, cold cruise so far.

Thanks I will check, had not thought about the roll call. Hope she does post some on the Board also. There are some wonderful ports on the itinerary.

First day at sea. Thick fog. We made it to Corner Brook. First cruise ship this season. Calm seas to date. Internet awful. No water available in plastic bottles as far as I have seen.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Parapara said:

First day at sea. Thick fog. We made it to Corner Brook. First cruise ship this season. Calm seas to date. Internet awful. No water available in plastic bottles as far as I have seen.

Thanks for the update.  We were on the previous 4 voyages (May/June) that could not get to Corner Brook due to ice.  

We used those lightweight aluminum Vero water bottles both on and off the ship.  Great move toward helping to reduce plastic waste.

• Like 2

We did the Amazon on the Navigator this past March/April....no plastic bottles which was fine with me!

Early one am, I went to Coffee Connections for a brew to take back to the cabin....I said something like a paper cup would do.....Very kindly told "no paper, but you're welcome to take the mug back...."

Ah duh, on my part. Glad to see a reduction in anything not recyclable. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Parapara said:

Thanks for the report. Did you do a tour in Corner Brook? 

3 minutes ago, cwn said:

Thanks for the report. Did you do a tour in Corner Brook? 

Yes we did. The butterfly house and insectarium. We enjoyed it although the school bus we travelled on wasn’t great. The guide was very good but had to stand and talk at top for us to hear her as the sound system didn’t work.

4 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Thanks for the update.  We were on the previous 4 voyages (May/June) that could not get to Corner Brook due to ice.  

We used those lightweight aluminum Vero water bottles both on and off the ship.  Great move toward helping to reduce plastic waste.

Yes, we have those but don’t find them light. I was just making the comment re plastic bottles as someone had said plastic were available on their recent cruise. We brought small plastic ones with us. Light and recyclable for a while.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Parapara said:

Yes, we have those but don’t find them light. I was just making the comment re plastic bottles as someone had said plastic were available on their recent cruise. We brought small plastic ones with us. Light and recyclable for a while.

The aluminum Vero bottles hold 750 ml...equivalent to a full bottle of wine.  Just don't filll to the top - you'll still have plenty in there to quench your thirst

14 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

The aluminum Vero bottles hold 750 ml...equivalent to a full bottle of wine.  Just don't filll to the top - you'll still have plenty in there to quench your thirst

And just how did you find out that they would hold a bottle of wine ?😀

51 minutes ago, captjohn said:

And just how did you find out that they would hold a bottle of wine ?😀

Actually....I checked with the Head Housekeeper.  She checked the shipping carton for product details and...there it was! Really. 750 ml on the nose!  😉