Arvia - Marseille

JDB78

13 minutes ago, JDB78 said:

Am I right in saying Arvia should have been in Marseille today? All OK? My sister mentioned of work colleagues being on board but not heard any news

Arvia has been at sea today, having been in Cartagena yesterday. She shows as being bound for Valencia but has already passed there, so maybe they are re-jigging the itinerary. Whilst the trouble in Marseille has been at night, which wouldn’t affect the visit, P&O tend to avoid places where there are problems, so anything is possible! 

• Like 1

I was just thinking about this for our Arvia cruise in August. If we do miss Marseille I'd be happy with Cartagena even if we'd be swapping a new port for us to one where we've been twice before.

Thanks for the thread and all the replies.

Edited by DamianG

The people on board are saying the captain said they were missing Marseille on Sunday because of the riots, it being pretty bad in Marseilles. They went to Cartagena on Saturday instead. I would say a better deal 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jazzytelly said:

The people on board are saying the captain said they were missing Marseille on Sunday because of the riots, it being pretty bad in Marseilles. They went to Cartagena on Saturday instead. I would say a better deal 

Must admit I would prefer anything to Marseille.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tring said:

Must admit I would prefer anything to Marseille.

I don't think it's that bad but have to profess that on our visit last July, we stayed onboard, had the run of the ship /sunbeds and got blotto on a Princess drinks package so perhaps that says something. I think we've done the Western Med to death now.

• Like 1

I'm on Arvia at the moment. We were made aware the day before that we wouldn't stop at Marseille due to the riots. The port was swapped with Cartagena.

53 minutes ago, GSPG said:

I see Arvia has stayed at port in Barcelona overnight. Whether there were any overnighter’s scheduled on her itinerary?

We were scheduled to do an overnight at Barcelona. It's quite funny because we actually turned around through the night to allow them to refit a life raft that was launched yesterday.

• Like 3