Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) Cruise Parking Options

Sherri914

It's been YEARS since we left from Port Everglades, and I've never driven to that port -- we used to always fly in.   We're cruising on Royal Caribbean Symphony of the Seas in January 2024.  I'm looking at the parking options around the port.  There are so many options, but several are asking which Terminal we will use.  I've tried researching but I can't find anything definite about where Symphony will port.  I saw that Terminal 18 is typically used for Royal, but another site said that Royal and Celebrity often share a terminal.   Any ideas on parking?   I know Port Everglades has their own garage for something like $15/day.  Looks like there are a lot of options for about half that if you park off-site and shuttle in, just not sure if anyone has an experience with off-site parking at Port Everglades.  

Many who live here in Florida regularly use Park n Go.  It is very popular judging from how packed with cars their lot is. https://www.bookparkngo.com/

Their rates have been very attractive, tho the last time we sailed from PE we paid almost the same as the pkg garages.  You should check.

Park n Go has you enter their lot, checks your printout of your reservation, then directs you to pull your car ahead to a staging area where they help load your luggage onto their shuttle that is designated for your ship.  Everyone boards the shuttle and they transport you to the correct boarding area for your sailing.

Some object to this, but you must leave your keys while away so that they can move your car to facilitate their operation.  My opinion....many lots in large cities have this same requirement.  There are no media reports of problems with this procedure.

• Like 1

Guest Cruisenewbie20181

We live on Florida’s east coast. We are taking a cruise out of Port Everglades in October and would never consider parking anywhere other than a garage at the port. The reasons why. 1. Convenience. 2. In April due to a lot of rain many surface lots around FT Lauderdale were flooded. Cruises returned to find their cars that they parked on the lots had been flooded. I believe there is a post regarding this. So is it worth saving maybe $35.00 on a seven day cruise and having to deal with the wait and hassle of taking a shuttle to and from the port and the possibility of another flooding episode which isn’t a rare happening in FT Lauderdale.

Another weather related advantage to parking in one of Port Everglades’ garages is that you will not return to a vehicle that has been baked in the sun regardless of the season.