Dining Time

debnjoe1438

I am going to be going on my first MSC cruise on the Seascape in a couple of months and have not been on a cruise where I had to choose a dining time. Wounderng someone will have an answer for what I am seeing.

When we booked the cruise we choose early dinning and this is reflected on the confirmation. Well, looking at my account on MSC it states "Your dining preference is not set."

Anyone know why the dining time would not be set when the time has already been selected.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @debnjoe1438 it really depends.

For example, if you're on an older ship without a specific Aurea restaurant then a section of one of the main dinning rooms will be reserved for them and they get anytime dinning.

If all Fantastica and bella gests request the same dinning time then clearly not all requests can be accommodated. 

If your ship is sailing at or close to capacity then  there could be up to 3 dinning times.

Dinning times are set onboard - supposedly with fantastica guests receiving priority (but not a guarantee) over their preferred dinning times.

• Like 1

Ryan is exactly right.  We sail Bella, and I'm not sure we were even given an option of Early or Late in advance. When we boarded, our time and table were on our room card.  We were not happy with the time we were given, so we went to the dining room at the time specified, and requested a change, which we got.  Not guaranteed, of course, but worth a try if your time is not satisfactory.

As you say you have only done anytime dining, please be aware that you cannot just show up at a different time or place, apart from the buffet, or a specialty restaurant.  Your time and table will be held for you for the duration of the cruise.

• Like 1

@debnjoe1438 I sailed on the Meraviglia and the same happened to me. I seected early but when I checked in, it said time not set. And when I got my room key, it said to be assigned. I was Fantastica. I ended up going to a dining room the first night and requesting a time. It was written on my room key in sharpie.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2023 at 8:15 PM, debnjoe1438 said:

When we booked the cruise we choose early dinning and this is reflected on the confirmation. Well, looking at my account on MSC it states "Your dining preference is not set."

Anyone know why the dining time would not be set when the time has already been selected.

You should have Early Dining. This  is another common glitch on the MSC website / app. I have been on six MSC Cruises in the past 18 months and had that same message online each time, however my confirmation showed Early Dining and I was assigned Early Dining on each cruise.

• Like 1