Wine and Corkage Fee

We used to cruise on Oceania and have been cruising more on Regent lately. All wine is included on Regent. We are going on an Oceania cruise in a few weeks and I forgot how this works. If we have some wine/champagne in our cabin that was purchased by our TA, or part of being Bronze level, or part of being in a Penthouse cabin can these bottles be taken to the restaurants or is there a corkage fee?  Since this wine is not purchased off the ship is there a corkage fee to bring the wine to one of the restaurants? 

12 hours ago, LHT28 said:

No fee if purchased on the ship or via  a TA

Interesting. How does the sommelier/wine steward distinguish bn bottles provided by a TA versus brought on board?

Thx!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Interesting. How does the sommelier/wine steward distinguish bn bottles provided by a TA versus brought on board?

Thx!

Well, thinking about it a bit, I guess it would be the same process they use when buying a bottle on board. They keep track of it in their records probably.

We had this on our last cruise. We asked about it, and the waiter said "well, it's a gift, we don't charge corkage fee on gifts". We actually gave our bottle to our friends as we don't drink, still no corkage fee.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

Thx!

I have not brought  a bottle that was available onboard  so I do not know

I am sure  they have a system & maybe  one sneaks by 

I think  a clue would be that you carry  your bottle to the dining venue 

but who knows

7 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

What is the corkage fee now?  I assume you can still carry on a reasonable amount?  Thanks.

On the Oceania website it states you can bring 6 bottles of wine onboard and drink them in your cabin. You can pay $25 per bottle corkage fee to drink them in one of the restaurants. 

• Like 1