Seashore total flip

coscab

I received an email last week about our April 14, 2024 cruise on Seashore.  I booked Western caribbean, Ocean Cay, Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel.

Because of Ocean Cay closure they changed the itinerary to Eastern, I don't understand why they didn't just drop Ocean Cay and keep the western ports.  Anyone else get a change this drastic because of Ocean Cay closure.
Below is the updated cruise itinerary:  

Current Sail Date Current
Nights
Current Itinerary New
Sail Date
New Nights New
Itinerary
4/14/2024 7 Nights Port Canaveral, Ocean Cay, Belize City, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Port Canaveral 4/14/2024 7 Nights Port Canaveral, Nassau, Puerto Plata, San Juan, Port Canaveral

2 hours ago, coscab said:

I received an email last week about our April 14, 2024 cruise on Seashore.  I booked Western caribbean, Ocean Cay, Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel.

Because of Ocean Cay closure they changed the itinerary to Eastern, I don't understand why they didn't just drop Ocean Cay and keep the western ports.  Anyone else get a change this drastic because of Ocean Cay closure.
Below is the updated cruise itinerary:  

Current Sail Date Current
Nights
Current Itinerary New
Sail Date
New Nights New
Itinerary
4/14/2024 7 Nights Port Canaveral, Ocean Cay, Belize City, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Port Canaveral 4/14/2024 7 Nights Port Canaveral, Nassau, Puerto Plata, San Juan, Port Canaveral

I am on this cruise.We booked it as an 11 day cruise which is now a 14 day cruise. I was on the MSC website last night and the cabin I have booked is available to book.

IMG_0418.jpeg

6 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

@Illbcruzn4lifeI don't understand.  If you're booked on the cruise....why is your cabin available to book?  Since they're giving you the extra days....don't you get to stay in the cabin?

Oh yeah...this is MSC....where nothing makes sense!

Exactly! 1+1=3

Edited by Illbcruzn4life
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

I am on this cruise.We booked it as an 11 day cruise which is now a 14 day cruise. I was on the MSC website last night and the cabin I have booked is available to book.

IMG_0418.jpeg

If you were on their website last night I would expect that you might have seen some inaccuracies. They are trying to get everything on line and did not expect to take any actions with passengers until today (the 5th)

As for MsTabbyKats, you seem to have a long running problem with MSC.  It might be time to cut your losseswith MSC, for your mental health sake, and move on to other lines.

1 hour ago, Beaver1975 said:

As for MsTabbyKats, you seem to have a long running problem with MSC.

you mean - other people are usually happy when their itinerary, ports of departure and arrival, AND dates/days of travel change drastically?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beaver1975 said:

If you were on their website last night I would expect that you might have seen some inaccuracies. They are trying to get everything on line and did not expect to take any actions with passengers until today (the 5th)

As for MsTabbyKats, you seem to have a long running problem with MSC.  It might be time to cut your losseswith MSC, for your mental health sake, and move on to other lines.

So I am just supposed to give them a pass? From my past dealings they are not very good at fixing problems.

They will tell you it’s fixed only to find out it’s not and sometimes they make the problem worse.

So please forgive me for not giving them a pass.

BTW my cabin is still available for purchase and it’s July 5th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

So I am just supposed to give them a pass? From my past dealings they are not very good at fixing problems.

They will tell you it’s fixed only to find out it’s not and sometimes they make the problem worse.

So please forgive me for not giving them a pass.

BTW my cabin is still available for purchase and it’s July 5th.

Did not suggest you give them a pass. Just give them some time.

My booking was fixed and I am good to go. They changed my sailing date and matched the better price for the two different dates. They just asked my TA to give them 24 (or so) hours to finish changing the booking and send out a new confirmation.

But, if that does not work for you, I will suggest the same thing as I suggested MsTabbyKats.

35 minutes ago, Beaver1975 said:

My booking was fixed and I am good to go. They changed my sailing date and matched the better price for the two different dates. They just asked my TA to give them 24 (or so) hours to finish changing the booking and send out a new confirmation.

But, if that does not work for you, I will suggest the same thing as I suggested MsTabbyKats.

You think it's fixed and hopefully it is. I found from my last MSC cruise that when they say things are fixed some how they aren't.

I'll give them until my next cruise, that's fine but when I get there for my cruise I hope my cruise isn't double booked.

Thanks for the suggestion.🙂

11 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

You think it's fixed and hopefully it is. I found from my last MSC cruise that when they say things are fixed some how they aren't.

I'll give them until my next cruise, that's fine but when I get there for my cruise I hope my cruise isn't double booked.

Thanks for the suggestion.🙂

Mine is fixed and shows in my MSC account.  I guess I am a glass half full kind of guy while you seem to be a glass half empty kind of guy.

3 minutes ago, Beaver1975 said:

Mine is fixed and shows in my MSC account.  I guess I am a glass half full kind of guy while you seem to be a glass half empty kind of guy.

Well on most cruise lines I woudn't bat an eye. Like I said, the way they messed up our last cruise with the details. Messed up our dining, excursions etc. I'm sure it'll all work out, just with a little more angst than usual.

5 hours ago, Beaver1975 said:

Huh....what problem?

The only "problem" I ever had was trying to understand why it's necessary to cancel and rebook if there's a price drop.

Otherwise...I'm a YC cheerleader!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beaver1975 said:

So...you suggest I take my overcoat with me and go to Canada, instead of sitting at the YC pool deck, in the sunshine having freshly grilled fish????

FYI...I'm not switching to a summer cruise to the Bahamas either....that's the only one with the same itinerary.  Too many kids and too many hurricanes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

The only "problem" I ever had was trying to understand why it's necessary to cancel and rebook if there's a price drop.

I just had the same issue with Princess though so it's not just MSC. I had booked a Princess cruise a couple months ago with no promotions on it. This past weekend they were offering the same cruise for basically the same price but with $100 per cabin OBC. So I called and asked for this to be added to my booking but the reservationist said she couldn't do it. But there was no penalty to cancel and rebook it with the OBC so that's what I did. A lot of work for me and for them for BS reasons.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, coscab said:

I just checked MSC seashore for the dates that they switched me from western to eastern, they are still selling that date with a western itinerary!  Buyer beware.

I was just on the MSC after reading your post since I am booked on her for 2 weeks starting on the 14th but I don't see it listed as Western. I see it listed as Puerto Plato, San Juan, and Nassau.

On another note on this cruise. Friends of ours who are going with us called to get their Voyager discount on the cruise. They sent the confirmation and lo and behold the discount was applied but the balance was now higher. Why is so hard for this company to pull off what should be an easy task?

On 7/5/2023 at 12:38 PM, Beaver1975 said:

Thanks, I guess its just the little map that shows western but if I click through it shows eastern. 

12 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

I was just on the MSC after reading your post since I am booked on her for 2 weeks starting on the 14th but I don't see it listed as Western. I see it listed as Puerto Plato, San Juan, and Nassau.

On another note on this cruise. Friends of ours who are going with us called to get their Voyager discount on the cruise. They sent the confirmation and lo and behold the discount was applied but the balance was now higher. Why is so hard for this company to pull off what should be an easy task?

Thanks, I guess its just the little itinerary map that shows western, I clicked through and it listed eastern ports.

I am canceling and booking February 4th until that one gets changed🤪

Just now, coscab said:

Thanks, I guess its just the little map that shows western but if I click through it shows eastern. 

NP I can't my eye on this every day as you never know what's going to happen. 

MSC doesn't do things like other cruise lines so you have to know all the nuances, which I'm still learning. Once on the ship it gets better although there were some aspects of our last cruise that started off that cruise on a sour note.

1 minute ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

NP I can't my eye on this every day as you never know what's going to happen. 

MSC doesn't do things like other cruise lines so you have to know all the nuances, which I'm still learning. Once on the ship it gets better although there were some aspects of our last cruise that started off that cruise on a sour note.

We've been on Divina twice and Meravigia once, wish Divina had stayed in Port Canaveral, loved the aft facing balconies on those two, had to book a mid ship balcony on Seashore, only corner aft facing on seashore looking down on pool and some sort of ladder thing right in the way, don't look that good.

47 minutes ago, Tierun said:

That aft wrap around cabin was quite nice on Seashore. 

Thanks,good to know, what was the ladder? Is it the cleaning thing?  I might take another look if its available.