Have It all price only?

jasonwa87

Hi, New to Holland America cruises, trying to book a cruise from the website and noticed some cruises only have "Have it all" price option whereas other cruises have both the basic cruise only fare option and the Have it all option.  I want to understand when does the cruise only option become unavailable or if this is just a bug on their website and i'd need to call in to get that cruise only price option?

Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic! 

I don't know why you're seeing only the HIA price, but to add to the confusion, there is a third price called Advantage Fare, which never shows up on the website. (Nobody knows why, it just doesn't)

The cruise only fare on the website has no perks and the deposit is non-refundable. 

The Advantage Fare is a little more expensive, but the deposit is refundable and there may or may not be some extras included, depending on the promos on offer at the moment.

The HIA is more expensive because it has the wifi, drinks, and some credits. The HIA fare is often around $50 per person per day more than Advantage fare. 

Call HAL or your travel agent, and you can get quotes on all three fares. 

• Like 2

@jasonwa87 Welcome to HAL and Cruise Critic.

There are actually 3 options.

The Best Price fare has no perks included and the deposit is NOT refundable.

The Best Value fare has the Have It All perks and the deposit is refundable until the final payment date.

The Advantage fare is not on the Website. You or your TA must call to obtain the price. It has no perks but the deposit is refundable until the final payment date.

You need to do the math to know which is best for your cruise. Unless you are within final payment date, having a refundable deposit is usually preferred.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

@jasonwa87 Welcome to HAL and Cruise Critic.

There are actually 3 options.

The Best Price fare has no perks included and the deposit is NOT refundable.

The Best Value fare has the Have It All perks and the deposit is refundable until the final payment date.

The Advantage fare is not on the Website. You or your TA must call to obtain the price. It has no perks but the deposit is refundable until the final payment date.

You need to do the math to know which is best for your cruise. Unless you are within final payment date, having a refundable deposit is usually preferred.

I only book a non-refundable fare if the price is so low that I am certain it will not be lowered in the future AND I am sure that I will be taking the cruise.  Too many times in the past I have booked at a "good" fare and then later found a better one (adjusting for all the included perks of course) and ended up doing a refaring and saving money.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I only book a non-refundable fare if the price is so low that I am certain it will not be lowered in the future AND I am sure that I will be taking the cruise.  Too many times in the past I have booked at a "good" fare and then later found a better one (adjusting for all the included perks of course) and ended up doing a refaring and saving money.

Same.  I always book an Advantage Fare to allow me the flexibility to take advantage of any cruise promos that arise.  When I book 12+ months in advance then I know HAL will have all the usual Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Wave Season and many other promos.

Hey @jasonwa87 another advantage of booking the Advantage fare, is that if there is a price drop after you book, you can get a reduction on your booking either to the cruise fare or as OBC. That is not automatic, you have to call in to have that done.

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!