Giovanni's menus - not the same on all ships?

On 7/5/2023 at 4:07 PM, pstone1 said:

There should never, ever be cottage cheese in lasagne at an Italian Restaurant.  They should be ashamed!

I prefer cottage cheese to ricotta in lasagna. My mother's recipe was always with cottage, and I still make it that way to this day. This is probably why I do not like lasagne anywhere but at home, because almost all the time it is ricotta. I did not realize they made it with cottage cheese at GK, but the pic of that lasagne did not look appealing.

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Food is very subjective. I like asking about opinions but I’d never rule out anywhere without trying it if it looks appealing to me & my wife.

Mason Jar on Wonder seemed to have very mixed reviews. We had brunch there last month & liked it so much we plan to go every time it’s an option.

I agree on Mason Jar. We tried it for brunch & dinner and we were pleasantly surprised. 

• Like 1

Just now, Newcruiser215 said:

I agree on Mason Jar. We tried it for brunch & dinner and we were pleasantly surprised. 

My SIL treated our extended family to brunch. My picky wife was more interested in the savory/dinner items (like chicken pot pie, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, etc.) and was able to order them off the kids menu. Our server said it's the same exact pot pie you would get at dinner. Anyway, she enjoyed her stuff and I could eat 75% of both menus, lol. My thought was to try dinner when we went back without the family but since I really liked some of the breakfasty items and she was happy ordering what she liked for brunch/lunch, we'll likely just be frugal and do brunch again.

On 7/9/2023 at 6:43 PM, MommaBear55 said:

No, you have to do it onboard, and you pay whatever the BOGO rate is. If you want a specific time and restaurant for your BOGO, you can go ahead and reserve your restaurant and time, when you go in let them know you are actually doing the BOGO, they refund your purchase price as refundable OBC. 

And as a side note, our Explorer cruise in 90 days have a Giovanni's Table but no menu listed. We are on the Odyssey two weeks later and the Giovanni's Table menu is listed. I also ate there last Fall on the Odyssey and it was not good. 

On Odyssey it's Giovanni's Italian Kitchen and on Explorer it's Giovanni's Table. Each have slightly different menus. We ate at Giovanni's Italian Kitchen on Odyssey and enjoyed our meals there......but not so much at Giovanni's Italian Kitchen on Wonder.