Board and card games on board

Ace_Caliente

I see in the journey view for our sailing on the Caribbean Princess coming up there are a number of listings for "Cards & Board Games Get-Together" in one of the dining rooms. I don't remember this being a thing at all on the Regal last summer in the Med sailing we were on. Is there actually a library of board games and card games to play? I think I remember in the Regal's library seeing a deck of cards or two, but not really much for board games (maybe there was Clue or something like that).

Anyway, my question is, are there a variety of games available or is it simply whatever guests bring on board? I usually pack a deck of cards when we travel but that's about it.

These are times set aside for non-hosted games. Passengers usually bring their own such as cards and mahjong. You will also find passengers playing at tables around the pools and anywhere else they can locate an open table. I can't comment on what games are available on the ship. 

On the Regal last fall, the MDR on deck 5 was open for part of the day for table games. Currently on the Sky, times are set aside in the Crown Grill for reading, book exchanges and table games. People are still playing table games,etc in other areas around the ship. Someone on the Sky Entertainment Staff sets out different board games in the Crown Grill. Have no idea what games they have

Last time I sailed on Princess, they had really old board games like Monopoly and Clue.  It would be nice if they could at least upgrade to Settlers of Catan or Ticket to Ride.  I'm not bringing board games with me.  I don't have the room in my luggage.

Yeah, you'd have to be really desperate to play a favorite game to bring it on board with you...unless it REALLY took up very little space.  Those that live within driving distance of their port may have a different view of this...

There are quite a few games that are really small. We have the travel edition of Catan and usually bring that. This time we'll bring some card games (one about sushi and one about fireworks, on point for a Japanese cruise) and Flux and a set of Munchkin. They're no bigger than my husband's shaving kit all told and with four sea days we might need the entertainment.