Royal Caribbean pre cruise/ post cruise hotels

Normally cruise lines transfer you airport to hotel, hotel to ship and ship to airport if you buy the hotel through them.  However you will pay the hotel rack rate for EACH passenger.  So a London stay was around $800/night for two people.

For London plane was 5 hours late, so not arranging changes in transfers was an advantage.  For Ft Lauderdale wound up at Hilton North, which was a long way from anything, including the pier.  And have had the transfer to the ship delayed until 2 PM in Copenhagen (we left luggage with the agent and took train to ship at 11).

Edited by LeeW
more
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, orville99 said:

If you book a pre or post cruise hotel through Royal Caribbean, do they provide transfers to or from the port?

Hotels are all now through Priceline.  There are still transfers but usually from one central pick up spot.

• Thanks 1

Do they still offer points for the nights you stay in a hotel that's booked through them? I'm guessing the answer is no, otherwise people would mention that when talking about ways to get points faster. The only time I booked a hotel through the cruise was back in 2004, and they provided a shuttle from the hotel to the ship, and we got extra points for the nights in the hotel. 

Just now, ARandomTraveler said:

Do they still offer points for the nights you stay in a hotel that's booked through them? I'm guessing the answer is no, otherwise people would mention that when talking about ways to get points faster. The only time I booked a hotel through the cruise was back in 2004, and they provided a shuttle from the hotel to the ship, and we got extra points for the nights in the hotel. 

The only time you get the extra points is if it is a cruisetour (Alaska)

• Like 1

I looked at the hotels available before our cruise that are offered through Royal Caribbean, but most of the prices are nonrefundable and I’m not a fan of getting those. The prices for refundable seem to be the same price as that you could get on the hotel website, sometimes less with a senior or other type of discount. As far as transportation you are on your own.