As much as I love Carnival it is time to expand to other lines.....

Trying other cruise lines can be fun, and a way to expand your travel experiences. There are only 2 lines (of the many I have tried) that I would never again cruise. And I don't like ANY ship of ANY line the name of which should be "The Megalopolis of the Seas."  Anything with 3,000 or more passengers, I cringe.  Hitting the 4,000 and the 5,000 mark I simply pass out at the thought of it!

Other than the 2 ships/lines I dare not mention (for fear of total internet annihilation) every ship I have been on I have enjoyed for the fellow passengers (small numbers and larger numbers), the officers, and the crew.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The number of people on a ship don't cause me any concern, it's how the space/flow works on the ship. I prefer a larger ship, everything else being equal, as it invariably offers more options with regard to entertainment, food, bars, etc !

Also, newer = better (again, my opinion)... just not brand new (first couple of months). I'd rather they have completed all details of the build and give it some time for the crew to mesh.

Tom

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

The number of people on a ship don't cause me any concern, it's how the space/flow works on the ship. I prefer a larger ship, everything else being equal, as it invariably offers more options with regard to entertainment, food, bars, etc !

Also, newer = better (again, my opinion)... just not brand new (first couple of months). I'd rather they have completed all details of the build and give it some time for the crew to mesh.

Tom

I get 2 free days of wifi on rcl or I wouldn't have experienced wifi on every ship of theirs. I've noticed a big difference in wifi depending on age. Grandeur i couldnt hardly attach a picture i took to a email and send it. On the newer ships works like a whiz. Someone on radiance OTS said he works in tech and cabin doors are metal. If your signal doesnt work from the cabin, it helps to open your cabin door a bit as the signal has trouble thru metal doors.

Now wonder which i think also has places to charge your devices I saw also had something in each cabin where this isnt necessary, works like a router? I'm non tech. Now I read you can stream wireless on wonder. I completely agree newer ships have better options. Food and shows. .. and wifi. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Now wonder which i think also has places to charge your devices I saw also had something in each cabin where this isnt necessary, works like a router?

Yes, each cabin has a WAP (Wireless Access Point). You can think of it as a tiny router. The signal you pick up comes right from that little device, not somewhere outside your cabin where the door, walls, distance can stand in the way of the wi-fi signal like you've experienced on older ships.

EDIT: I just got so confused. I clicked on the notification I got when you linked my post then was wondering where my response went. I only read/post in the RC forum since it's the only cruise line I've ever been on and I have no plans to try any other at the moment. Nothing against Carnival but get me out of here! 🤣

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1