We are using a 7 week cruise as both a holiday and a way to immigrate back to New Zealand.  So the cruise will be one way. Any suggestions where to get insurance as most policies require you to return back to where you started?

7 hours ago, colingu said:

We are using a 7 week cruise as both a holiday and a way to immigrate back to New Zealand.  So the cruise will be one way. Any suggestions where to get insurance as most policies require you to return back to where you started?

There is another thread that is similar ("one way travel") in the main Travel Insurance section of CC:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2949241-cunard-to-nyc-one-way-travel-insurance/

GC

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GeezerCouple said:

There is another thread that is similar ("one way travel") in the main Travel Insurance section of CC:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2949241-cunard-to-nyc-one-way-travel-insurance/

GC

Yes.

The OP apparently asked this question in Steves area and also asked the same question in the "Ask A Cruise Question" area. The mods moved the second one into the general Travel Insurance area with no regards to research and/or duplication.

Yes, I have also asked this question elsewhere but had not received a useful answer. Hence I re-asked the same question here, where an ""expert" could reply who knows what they are actually taking about.

Edited by colingu
spelling, grammar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, colingu said:

Yes, I have also asked this question elsewhere but had not received a useful answer. Hence I re-asked the same question here, where an "expert" could reply who knows what they are actually taking about.

Hi colingu,

> We are using a 7 week cruise as both a holiday and a way to immigrate back to New Zealand.  So the cruise will be one way. Any suggestions where to get insurance as most policies require you to return back to where you started?

If you were a resident of the USA based travel insurance, you could insure a one-way trip with a trip cancellation plan. It can also be done with a medical only plan. However, I don't know if a UK travel insurance company will allow this.

The starting place is to find a plan that doesn't define a "Trip" as a period of round trip travel that starts and ends from your residence. If you find one, then you need to find out if it will allow the ending date of your trip to be the ending date of the policy.

I hope this helps you.

Steve Dasseos