OBC Issues

Bo1331

• 4 weeks later...

We were paid in full and had TA OBC left.  Had verified just last week.  Went to purchase the transfer to ship and couldnt!  They said we owed several hundred dollars and OBC was used.  I asked for accounting.  TA and supervisor are working with AZ.  AZ has supposedly not been able to provide an accounting.  This is going on for several days now.  I was told it will be resolved one way or another after we return.  Am I wrong for wanting a resolution NOW?  Have others encountered this?  

5 hours ago, SuziQ1 said:

We were paid in full and had TA OBC left.  Had verified just last week.  Went to purchase the transfer to ship and couldnt!  They said we owed several hundred dollars and OBC was used.  I asked for accounting.  TA and supervisor are working with AZ.  AZ has supposedly not been able to provide an accounting.  This is going on for several days now.  I was told it will be resolved one way or another after we return.  Am I wrong for wanting a resolution NOW?  Have others encountered this?  

As I understand it TA OBC doesn’t become available to use until you get onboard.

4 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

As I understand it TA OBC doesn’t become available to use until you get onboard.

And transfers to the ship cannot be paid for with even 'standard' OBC. 
Transfers from the ship can, but you have to wait until you're onboard to book them.

8 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Yes, that is what I also understood, but for some reason, and they cant explain, they used it and cant tell me what it was used for!  I just dont understand because I am a 'numbers' person and can account for expenses if I know what they are for, but this is a big mess. Very unexpected at this point.

37 minutes ago, crzrr said:

How would AZ know what the OBC from your TA was?  It generally doesn't show up on your account until the 2nd day of the cruise.  

My TA has to transmit any OBC to Azamara prior to sailing, so they would know.  Mine has already transmitted the info to them on sailings in 2024 and 2025. 

13 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

My TA has to transmit any OBC to Azamara prior to sailing, so they would know.  Mine has already transmitted the info to them on sailings in 2024 and 2025. 

Does it show up anywhere in your account?

2 hours ago, ECCruise said:

I believe she transmitted it before hand but now they say it was used in last few days AND we have a fairly large balance.  Cant get info on WHERE it was used.  If we used it, we would at least like to know if we enjoyed it.  Kidding aside, its very disappointing if this is how they run a business!

• Like 1

I’m also attempting to make sense of the website as a 1st time Azamara booking.

Under the Add ons list I have various amounts of ‘Coupons’ showing titled either OBC or onboard credit with a ‘price’ of zero.  There are also 2 coupons listed titled OBC and bar credit with a ‘price’ of the equivalent of about US$25.

I booked the cruise on the day they moved from one deal (4 nights free) to the current OBC deal, but due to the timing I wasn’t really expecting any particular OBC - booked direct without a TA [long story … TA I was trying to use wasn’t being helpful!]

I booked a tour, before I tried ‘booking’ the OBC coupons, and had to provide a credit card and that charge has gone on my CC.

I later ‘booked’ the zero cost OBC coupons and they have gone onto my booking list on the website.

So … do I have the OBC or not??? If I do, I would like to cancel my paid for tour and use the OBC instead … which I guess I would have to do by phone as I can’t see a Cancel option on the website?  if I do have that amount of OBC, it is quite an amazing amount, so I don’t see how I can have!

I guess I will have to call them, but if they have mistakenly provided too much OBC, I’m not sure I want to tell them that they’re wrong😜!

Any advice?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, westcoasttech said:

I’m also attempting to make sense of the website as a 1st time Azamara booking.

Under the Add ons list I have various amounts of ‘Coupons’ showing titled either OBC or onboard credit with a ‘price’ of zero.  There are also 2 coupons listed titled OBC and bar credit with a ‘price’ of the equivalent of about US$25.

I booked the cruise on the day they moved from one deal (4 nights free) to the current OBC deal, but due to the timing I wasn’t really expecting any particular OBC - booked direct without a TA [long story … TA I was trying to use wasn’t being helpful!]

I booked a tour, before I tried ‘booking’ the OBC coupons, and had to provide a credit card and that charge has gone on my CC.

I later ‘booked’ the zero cost OBC coupons and they have gone onto my booking list on the website.

So … do I have the OBC or not??? If I do, I would like to cancel my paid for tour and use the OBC instead … which I guess I would have to do by phone as I can’t see a Cancel option on the website?  if I do have that amount of OBC, it is quite an amazing amount, so I don’t see how I can have!

I guess I will have to call them, but if they have mistakenly provided too much OBC, I’m not sure I want to tell them that they’re wrong😜!

Any advice?

You can likely settle all this in one phone call.  We've done similar by phone a couple of times in the last month or so.  If their accounting shows at least the OBC you think you have, go with it.

3 hours ago, westcoasttech said:

Any advice?

westcoasttech:  Call them now. Don't wait to board. There will be a boatload of people at Guest Relations with similar problems. 

1 minute ago, tgg said:

westcoasttech:  Call them now. Don't wait to board. There will be a boatload of people at Guest Relations with similar problems. 

I guess I will have to … they are closed today.  I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t something that is well known to previous Azamara pax! 

9 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Why would your agent transfer money to Azamara months and years in advance of sailing? Think about it. You could cancel the cruise. You could have an travel problem and miss the boat. The rate could change (down) and you wouldn't get the same amount of credit from the agent. It would be foolish of an agent to transfer money to Azamara that far in advance. That is why agency credits don't appear until you are actually onboard. 

Edited by avw

54 minutes ago, avw said:

Why would your agent transfer money to Azamara months and years in advance of sailing? Think about it. You could cancel the cruise. You could have an travel problem and miss the boat. The rate could change (down) and you wouldn't get the same amount of credit from the agent. It would be foolish of an agent to transfer money to Azamara that far in advance. That is why agency credits don't appear until you are actually onboard. 

The actual MONEY doesn't get transferred.  Just the notification of the amount. Billing would occur at time of sailing.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, avw said:

It's a 'give-up' of some of the TA's commission from the cruise line.  Nothing is paid to the cruise line by the TA.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, westcoasttech said:

I guess I will have to … they are closed today.  I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t something that is well known to previous Azamara pax! 

You can find out which package you are booked under in your reservation.   Log on to your reservation and go to the categories section where it lists your cabin information.  On the lower right hand corner you will see Price From .  Click on it.   Your booking special with pop up.    

20 hours ago, ECCruise said:

You can likely settle all this in one phone call.  We've done similar by phone a couple of times in the last month or so.  If their accounting shows at least the OBC you think you have, go with it.

Well … phone call made … and I do have a whole whack of OBC!  No idea why and there’s no logic to it, but I’m not going to question their wisdom!  There’s enough to cover most if not all my port tours, and leave some for some fancy cocktails onboard!

Cancelled already booked on CC tour and will transfer to OBC … however small complication in that OBC is in USD and as I booked in Canada tour pricing is in Canadian$, which apparently is why I could not connect tours to OBC when booking.  I have to wait for them to convert the OBC to CDN$ to get it linked up.

The other OBC coupons listed with a price attached are credits that you do pay for, so pre-purchased credits.

One interesting point the OBC can only be used to pre-purchase tours before boarding - I can’t use it to pre-purchase dining packages.  Once onboard I can use some of the OBC for other onboard packages.

Agent I spoke to said that the pay with OBC option should show on a pull-down menu on the credit card screen for payment during the booking process … mine was probably not showing due to the currency differences.  Hope this might be of help to others😀!

She did recommend moving the tours I want into my account and then they can be processed once the currency issue is sorted out … so I’m going to go ahead and do that!

Weird though, this seemed to be a new issue to her and she had to get assistance from other “teams” … I guess their new website can’t deal with multiple currencies😲!

Edited by westcoasttech
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

You can find out which package you are booked under in your reservation.   Log on to your reservation and go to the categories section where it lists your cabin information.  On the lower right hand corner you will see Price From .  Click on it.   Your booking special with pop up.    

If I go to Categories, I get “no categories found…” message.  I did book as a guarantee category, but now have a cabin number assigned… 

I’m not complaining … I’m very happy with the price I paid and any OBC is just added cherries on top of the Azamara sundae!!!

21 minutes ago, westcoasttech said:

If I go to Categories, I get “no categories found…” message.  I did book as a guarantee category, but now have a cabin number assigned… 

I’m not complaining … I’m very happy with the price I paid and any OBC is just added cherries on top of the Azamara sundae!!!

Glad you got it almost worked out.   Lots of OBC is always a good thing.   🙂

• Like 2